Will Brisbane make the 8?

Remove this Banner Ad

They are certainly a chance but they could easily slide in the second half of the season a bit like Melbourne like 2 or 3 years ago when they were in a similar positoin to Brisbane in their first year rising up the ladder and things just fell apart right at the end. Either way they seem like they are on the right track but I expect them to either just fall in or just miss out on the 8.

The Bulldogs loss feels like the one we will really rue if we miss out. Had them on toast and then didn’t make them pay.
Luckily for us we play them again in round 20 I beleive. So should of won that game. But plenty to learn from it too. Wont forget Bags first qtr. 14 touches 300 meters gained and a goal.

I hope so, the melts from Vic would be awesome.

Lol why do you guys think that we just hate every team that's interstate and that we're always going for the vic team?

I'd be stoked if Brissy made the finals. I think they'll just miss out though

Still have us at 9-10. Whatever happens happy with this season... can’t remember when we have been 6-3 last time. Wrapped with the start of the season.

No guarantees as they are only 1 or 2 games inside the top 8 but short of them falling off a small cliff (which can happen to younger teams) they are looking more than likely to make the finals. Still they need to win another 6 games in order to lock in a finals spot.

6 wins in 11 games which is very doable.

No guarantees as they are only 1 or 2 games inside the top 8 but short of them falling off a small cliff (which can happen to younger teams) they are looking more than likely to make the finals. Still they need to win another 6 games in order to lock in a finals spot.

6 wins in 11 games which is very doable.

I think we will end up 7th or 8th - definitely good enough to win 6 games and our draw isn't the hardest. If we'd held on v Freo or taken our chances against the dogs in ballarat a home final would have been likely.

Definitely more a make the 8 up sort of side right now but getting in would be a big step for our development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly don't feel we are as good a team to watch as we have been when playing well over the last couple of years. Our style isn't as free and easy as it has been and that's probably a sign we are maturing. Our contested footy is right up there and we seem more prepared to play slow football up the line when required rather than play on at all costs through the middle. It's wierd to say but as of yet it doesn't feel like we are really clicking.

I think we are good enough to make it. Just not sure we are good enough to beat the likes of Geelong, Gws, Collingwood in the finals.

Based on prior seasons, we have an 80% chance with our current 7-4 record.

I expect it to be 90% and 8-4 by next week because we really should be beating Carlton.

Top 4 is improbable.

They're been playing exciting, yet solid footy, and the field is open. At 7-4 and with a relatively easy next few I think it would be a choke if they miss...but, and it's a big but, they are young, inexperienced and developing, and sometimes teams can burst out of the gates early and drop off dramatically. I hope not but they need to be banking wins they should win on paper. I feel if they win the next 2 they're pretty much a lock though.

I think the goal will just to get some finals experience. Winning a final would be a big bonus. If they're on the right track they could be genuinely challenging next year or 2021.

They're been playing exciting, yet solid footy, and the field is open. At 7-4 and with a relatively easy next few I think it would be a choke if they miss...but, and it's a big but, they are young, inexperienced and developing, and sometimes teams can burst out of the gates early and drop off dramatically. I hope not but they need to be banking wins they should win on paper. I feel if they win the next 2 they're pretty much a lock though.

I think the goal will just to get some finals experience. Winning a final would be a big bonus. If they're on the right track they could be genuinely challenging next year or 2021.
We are not quite as young and inexperienced as the perception out there, particularly our starting 22, we have Stef Martin, Lachie Neale, Jarryd Lyons, Dayne Zorko, Mitch Robinson, Luke Hodge and Daniel Rich offering guidance to our young guys.

A huge positive for us if we make finals will be having Chris Fagan in our corner, he's been through plenty of successful finals campaigns with Clarko and knows what it takes to get the job done. An injury or 2 to some of those names above would have a big impact on us though.

We are not quite as young and inexperienced as the perception out there, particularly our starting 22, we have Stef Martin, Lachie Neale, Jarryd Lyons, Dayne Zorko, Mitch Robinson, Luke Hodge and Daniel Rich offering guidance to our young guys.

A huge positive for us if we make finals will be having Chris Fagan in our corner, he's been through plenty of successful finals campaigns with Clarko and knows what it takes to get the job done. An injury or 2 to some of those names above would have a big impact on us though.

Oh yeah. Have a soft spot for the Lions so hope they do well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back