GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
because every other thread is full to the brim with discussion regarding 1 of 46 guys on the list I felt we needed a place to get away from him. I'm so sick of reading about him!

Yes I know this thread probably shouldn't exist and will likely be taken down but boy did typing it up make me feel better.

:D

Last edited:

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tom Boswell promised to ask Brodie status question next Suns presser.

The answer will be 'he is behind some players for a midfield position, he needs to work on his additional skills beside contest'.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tom Boswell promised to ask Brodie status question next Suns presser.

The answer will be 'he is behind some players for a midfield position, he needs to work on his additional skills beside contest'.
I'd rather see Bowes off half back for another season and Brodie in the middle tbh. As much upside as Bowes has, he does not accumulate possessions like Brodie, nor does he contribute enough clearance work. With the new 6-6-6 rules, centre clearances are going to be more important than ever and Brodie ranked 7th in the competition for average centre clearances last year.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'd rather see Bowes off half back for another season and Brodie in the middle tbh. As much upside as Bowes has, he does not accumulate possessions like Brodie, nor does he contribute enough clearance work. With the new 6-6-6 rules, centre clearances are going to be more important than ever and Brodie ranked 7th in the competition for average centre clearances last year.
Same bit would rather Bowes as a high HF. I think he is of more value to us setting up attacks and as a goal kicker than trying to stop goals.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ainsworth Sexton Fiorini Wright Bowes Ah Chee MacPherson and Joyce all have to move up a level at least this year.
If these guys aren't showing us the footballers they will be by the end of the season we have major issues
Ballard Brodie Scheer Powell Rankine King Lukosius just have to keep improving and show something

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Ainsworth Sexton Fiorini Wright Bowes Ah Chee MacPherson and Joyce all have to move up a level at least this year.
If these guys aren't showing us the footballers they will be by the end of the season we have major issues
Ballard Brodie Scheer Powell Rankine King Lukosius just have to keep improving and show something
If Sexton kicks 30 this year, like last year I would say he has had a good season. The rest I 100% agree with, and I think are capable of that. Joyce and Ah Chee I have slight worries over, but hopefully they prove me wrong.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I would say add Jack Martin to that group who need to move up a level also.. seen glimpses of what he’s capable of but nothing majorly jumps out

eighties

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think he kicked 4 against West Coast at home one day playing forward and he looked amazing...Certainly not a consistent performer though, could be us moving him around alot??? who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
To be fair to Mitchell he went to Hawthorn a first round pick taken as F/s at pick 20 , not like scrimshaw.

gosuns!

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think he kicked 4 against West Coast at home one day playing forward and he looked amazing...Certainly not a consistent performer though, could be us moving him around alot??? who knows.
If that's the rd 23 game at metricon a couple years ago, we drew that game on his influence. Was hoping that would be his standard from there but don't know that he has gone close since. Wether it's because of the on field instability or what he needs to rewatch it and find the confidence/drive he had that day or he will be a wasted talent.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If that's the rd 23 game at metricon a couple years ago, we drew that game on his influence. Was hoping that would be his standard from there but don't know that he has gone close since. Wether it's because of the on field instability or what he needs to rewatch it and find the confidence/drive he had that day or he will be a wasted talent.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's a player that's happy to do grunt work which given our list woes- injury, disinterest, mid season moonboots etc he's unfortunately had to do for the past couple of seasons, but to be honest I see it a bit like putting Winx into a plough harness
Hopefully he can be released to work some magic over the course of the season because he is one of the few players we have with X factor

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He's a player that's happy to do grunt work which given our list woes- injury, disinterest, mid season moonboots etc he's unfortunately had to do for the past couple of seasons, but to be honest I see it a bit like putting Winx into a plough harness
Hopefully he can be released to work some magic over the course of the season because he is one of the few players we have with X factor

He doesn’t look happy or look to have that passion he had a few years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back