kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Does seem the suns are unwilling to develop him. Powell gets 4 touches yet plays? Lol lucky to get a 2nd round pick at this rate
They play completely different positions. Powell plays on the wing (FWIW I would have rested him this week though) while Brodie is an inside player, which we have an abundance of now with Swallow, Miller, Miles. None of the 4 have any express leg pace which is our main midfield issue, so someone has to miss out, because we can't carry all similar types of players.

Dede

Senior List
Suspended
May 10, 2019
Sandy
AFL Club
St Kilda
They play completely different positions. Powell plays on the wing (FWIW I would have rested him this week though) while Brodie is an inside player, which we have an abundance of now with Swallow, Miller, Miles. None of the 4 have any express leg pace which is our main midfield issue, so someone has to miss out, because we can't carry all similar types of players.
Fully aware of where Powell plays mate he played good footy early doors playing high half foward this year... just think it's crazy to invest time into Powell and not will who has showed he can win the pill..

Corkie

Club Legend
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Fully aware of where Powell plays mate he played good footy early doors playing high half foward this year... just think it's crazy to invest time into Powell and not will who has showed he can win the pill..
Brodie has been replaced by another kid Brad Scheer who plays in the same role - but hasn’t been given an opportunity yet this season as a starting inside mid. This week he gets his shot.

Scheer was downgraded to a rookie and a decision has to made on him at seasons end. I suspect it is make or break time for him.

Brodie is contracted for another year. Still plenty of time up his sleeve.
If Scheer doesn’t perform I expect Brodie will re-gain his spot very quickly.

If Scheer manages to hold Brodie out in coming weeks, then it gives the club something to think about at seasons end.

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Ehh I'd rather just not take Zac Smith, he can get a game rucking for a NEAFL team if he wants to move back to QLD.

Crossley is a fine ruck for NEAFL appearances.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Through in a 3rd rounder pick?
I don't think GCS want anymore Geelong left over, both GHS and Murdoch look average compare to holman and Sam Collins who is younger. For Vic club GHS and Murdoch provide big body and leadership but actual Fact is more like retirement fund.

foxdog50

Premium Gold
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
I don't think GCS want anymore Geelong left over, both GHS and Murdoch look average compare to holman and Sam Collins who is younger. For Vic club GHS and Murdoch provide big body and leadership but actual Fact is more like retirement fund.
I can't believe GHS haven't taken the next step up there, bit sad really. As all the cats players loved him as a person.. I thought he could of had bit of Captain material about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
p**s off You Troll
Straight swaps.. Reports that Zac Smith could be headed back.
Zac Smith - Will Brodie?
He will be delisted cant see why GC would take him with Witts going so well

Wouldnt mind Brodie at Richmond , He would be the type of player we would need and wouldnt think he would be a player that GC woul stop from leaving

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bayern, Milan
He will be delisted cant see why GC would take him with Witts going so well

Wouldnt mind Brodie at Richmond , He would be the type of player we would need and wouldnt think he would be a player that GC woul stop from leaving
Tigers and Dons were keen early in his U18 year
Dons eventually went with McGrath and Tigers got Prestia

If either could land Brodie and turn him around, i think they'd be fairly happy with that outcome.

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
p**s off You Troll
Thats really good news for GC

Think this kid will make it and good to see kids signing and staying at the club

Iva Bigun

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
lane Cove Sydney
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I thought he was gone when I saw him sitting away from his fellow reserve players watching the GWS v Suns seniors

I am very happy that I was wrong

Corkie

Club Legend
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
May have realised there wasn’t much interest in him down south. Carlton well stocked for mids now, Bombers would’ve been a good fit.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not much interest in a 20yo big bodied midfielder already averaging over 20 possies, 5 tackles & 5 clearances a game?

Hawks supporters 🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom