TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Former pick 7 languishing in the NEAFL appears to have his papers stamped at the Suns. Makes you wonder how long until we see mid season trades so we don’t waste the time of talented players that could be establishing a career somewhere else.

The GC Board have locked down their thread on him so I’m convinced where there is smoke there most certainly is fire.

Worth a 2nd round pick?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Former pick 7 languishing in the NEAFL appears to have his papers stamped at the Suns. Makes you wonder how long until we see mid season trades so we don’t waste the time of talented players that could be establishing a career somewhere else.

The GC Board have locked down their thread on him so I’m convinced where there is smoke there most certainly is fire.

Worth a 2nd round pick?

Doesn’t seem to fit in with Dews plan of 2 way running midfielders, hasn’t been able to adapt or change his game to fit the gameplan. Is very strong through the contest, gets his hands free and gets the handballs out. Doesn’t supply much running forward or on the spread. Lots of potential there but doesn’t seem to want to change his game to fit in at the suns. Young enough to still get his career going but needs to make some changes. Would be roughly a 2nd rounder, would work well at a team that has good running midfielders

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Doesn’t seem to fit in with Dews plan of 2 way running midfielders, hasn’t been able to adapt or change his game to fit the gameplan. Is very strong through the contest, gets his hands free and gets the handballs out. Doesn’t supply much running forward or on the spread. Lots of potential there but doesn’t seem to want to change his game to fit in at the suns. Young enough to still get his career going but needs to make some changes. Would be roughly a 2nd rounder, would work well at a team that has good running midfielders

Not enough possessions on the outside?...

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Playing Miles ahead of him confirms he wants out. My thoughts are he turns things around in a new environment.

Playing miles ahead of him confirms nothing but miles is better suited to our game plan. I still have hope for him but he really needs to pull his finger out. There has been no inside word on weather he is staying or going

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Playing miles ahead of him confirms nothing but miles is better suited to our game plan. I still have hope for him but he really needs to pull his finger out. There has been no inside word on weather he is staying or going

Playing Miles ahead of him means a line has been put through Brodie and the preference for Miles who will see out his contract.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Seems like the perfect fit for Essendon, if they’ve got the draft collateral to organise a trade.

They won’t be fussed by his limited outside game at all given the number of outside mids in the team.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Another Scott Clayton draft special.

I could see Essendon potentially after him and the Kangaroos as a long - term replacement for Cunnington and Ziebell.

Ziebull plays fwd whilst LDU is supposed to be the Kangaroos inside midfield saviour.

As a Bombers supporter, would firmly hope one of our two 2nd rounders is being thrown up to tempt the Suns hand.
We need inside midfielders so definitely happy to have a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
There was alot of talk about Richmond trading away pick #6 for prestia and most on our board wanted Brodie in that draft and kid looked good at junior level so as a richmond supporter we hold an interest to see how he went and what we missed out on. I wouldnt mind Brodie at Richmond what would his trade value be in the opinion of people and mostly GC supporters

BennyGan

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
There was alot of talk about Richmond trading away pick #6 for prestia and most on our board wanted Brodie in that draft and kid looked good at junior level so as a richmond supporter we hold an interest to see how he went and what we missed out on. I wouldnt mind Brodie at Richmond what would his trade value be in the opinion of people and mostly GC supporters
given what he has produced i cant see how the suns could ask for any more than a late second, the will setterfield trade is probably best case scenario for the suns. Blues gave a 2018 3rd and a 2019 2nd for setterfield and a 4th

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Going with a common trend here and saying I think the Suns aren't making the most of having him on their list.

Still contracted, not sure when till, but my gut feel is he will ask for a trade back to Victoria when his current contract expires.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Going with a common trend here and saying I think the Suns aren't making the most of having him on their list.

Still contracted, not sure when till, but my gut feel is he will ask for a trade back to Victoria when his current contract expires.
Has another year after this one, if the price is right the club will let him go

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Yeah, provides almost zilch outside a contest as his outside running and defensive running is very poor.
Weird seeing in his draft year his ability to cover the ground (albeit not at express pace) was one of his strengths for such a big body.

Wonder if the lack of running is a mindset thing more than an ability thing. Either way now the Suns have player that are willing to put in the hard yards outside the contest it is no surprise to see him fall down pecking orders.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
A second will get it done. I think either Richmond or Hawthorn could fix him up, both VFL team are pretty strong.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Tricky one. He's doing GC no good in the NEAFL, but they're also running down his value.

There's probably a win-win here for a club that want to give his skillset a go and Suns can get something they can use.

Running, chasing, spreading and pressure on opposition aren't things we value at Carlton, so I can see us having a swing. We rate players based on where they were drafted, not what they can do. :drunk:

Back