Recommitted Will Brodie [re-signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dew was spot on not rating scrimshaw and would have a guess Brodie is the same ..

Blues have asked about him in the past but were told in a nice way "no thankyou"

Dew was spot on not rating scrimshaw and would have a guess Brodie is the same ..

Blues have asked about him in the past but were told in a nice way "no thankyou"
lol Scrimshaw has been awesome for us this year. Better value than either of your top 10 draft picks from last year. Will be a 200 gamer for us and is getting huge wraps for how good he's been since he crossed over.

lol Scrimshaw has been awesome for us this year. Better value than either of your top 10 draft picks from last year. Will be a 200 gamer for us and is getting huge wraps for how good he's been since he crossed over.

My team? Was unaware kyabram bombers had a pick? I bow to your footy knowledge but I didn't know we got promoted

I believe he was alluding to you following StKilda, it's ok to admit you were wrong about Scrimshaw.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't follow st Kilda I had to pick a team,anyways..
it's isn't wrong.dew isn't missing scrimshaw off hb.a cast off from the cats is filling in perfectly...
Players didn't like him and was labeled as a pea heart by one ex player..

I don't follow st Kilda I had to pick a team,anyways..
it's isn't wrong.dew isn't missing scrimshaw off hb.a cast off from the cats is filling in perfectly...
Players didn't like him and was labeled as a pea heart by one ex player..
and yet the guys love him at Hawthorn and the form he's in he'd be GC's best player in defensive 50 this year if he played for them.

Better then Harbrow or Collins? You’ve got no idea
Yep after watching every GC game this year I stand by that. I know they play slightly different roles (although not that different) but here is a quick comparison of Scrimshaw vs Collins this year:

1558649076669.png

Scrimshaw does that off a lot less game time as well (although his % of game time played has been affected by a concussion he had a couple of weeks ago that ruled him out of half the game).

Harbrow well that's a lot closer, it really depends on the role you want played over which one you pick first based on this year's form alone. Harbrow doesn't play almost exclusively as a defender either even though most of the time he's named on half back. He spends a lot of time in the middle and on the wings.

Yep after watching every GC game this year I stand by that. I know they play slightly different roles (although not that different) but here is a quick comparison of Scrimshaw vs Collins this year:

View attachment 679282

Scrimshaw does that off a lot less game time as well (although his % of game time played has been affected by a concussion he had a couple of weeks ago that ruled him out of half the game).

Harbrow well that's a lot closer, it really depends on the role you want played over which one you pick first based on this year's form alone. Harbrow doesn't play almost exclusively as a defender either even though most of the time he's named on half back. He spends a lot of time in the middle and on the wings.
Harbrow spends almost 0 time in the middle he is most usually our last line of defence. I’d take Harbrow, Collins, Weller ahead of Scrimshaw. Scrimshaw is probably closer to Ballard but Ballard is a better one on one defender

Harbrow spends almost 0 time in the middle he is most usually our last line of defence. I’d take Harbrow, Collins, Weller ahead of Scrimshaw. Scrimshaw is probably closer to Ballard but Ballard is a better one on one defender

He compared a full back to be half back flanker aswell ha ha..

Dew got rid of one mummas boy (scrimshaw) shows real leadership.. even with Brodie he had a shot and did a hammy last year. he wants to stay at the suns and prove himself..

and yet the guys love him at Hawthorn and the form he's in he'd be GC's best player in defensive 50 this year if he played for them.
Really uneducated comment.

Scrimshaw always had a talent but he struggled away from home and move back to home helped him. This year 3rd preseason helped him too though he still looks like on life support in second half.

You should be grateful and thanks Suns was developing him properly the first 2 years including a bit of tough love from Dew. In the end he did not pass Dew's test :)

Really uneducated comment.

Scrimshaw always had a talent but he struggled away from home and move back to home helped him. This year 3rd preseason helped him too though he still looks like on life support in second half.

You should be grateful and thanks Suns was developing him properly the first 2 years including a bit of tough love from Dew. In the end he did not pass Dew's test :)
well let's hope Will Brodie fails his test as well and chooses us. Scrimshaw is the bargain trade of last year's off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering there was a time that the dons were thinking of taking him at 1 I could see them having kept tabs on him since. Perhaps they are still interested

Considering there was a time that the dons were thinking of taking him at 1 I could see them having kept tabs on him since. Perhaps they are still interested
From memory we tried getting him to be our 23rd player in the VFL but weren't allowed

Similar to what GC did with swallow but I thought the afl said no as there was no guarantee that dons would end up with pick 1 at that stage
We got denied because he wasn't part of our 23P zone. We were allowed players from Calder and Bendigo, but Richmond had the rights to Murray

Tricky one. He's doing GC no good in the NEAFL, but they're also running down his value.

There's probably a win-win here for a club that want to give his skillset a go and Suns can get something they can use.

Running, chasing, spreading and pressure on opposition aren't things we value at Carlton, so I can see us having a swing. We rate players based on where they were drafted, not what they can do. :drunk:
Great post 👍

If he played for the Giants SOS would already have him signed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back