Recommitted Will Brodie [re-signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love Will at WCE we need inside mids as apart from main mids our cupboard is bare
WCE have always been good at making mids improve there defensive running
Sheed being our most recent success there.

Personally i think he would not be a good choice for carlton with Kennedy/Setterfield/Cripps its abit too much same same and none of them have speed
think there are other priorities than another young slow'ish inside mid.

Would suit the bombers imo

i wanted him but we got sps.

not sure how i feel about that a few years on.

very similar to my feelings on dow/ldu.

imo, sps way ahead of brodie, though still behind where I thought he would be by now.

if dow could fix his kicking he would be equal with ldu, who is ahead, imo.

in sum, i'd still take sps but would take ldu ahead of dow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Clarke and guelfi cementing spots, Brodie may not be high on our Wishlist.

I can see us trying to turn both 2nds into a higher first, or try nailing some gems a la Geelong.

That said, I wouldn’t be opposed to giving him a crack. Has some traits we need. But another Zaka that doesn’t run two ways isn’t what we need

and yet the guys love him at Hawthorn and the form he's in he'd be GC's best player in defensive 50 this year if he played for them.

Embarrassing comment - no wonder why people think we are flogs.
He's been pretty promising for us this year and showed some great signs, but to say he'd be their best defensive player is a real stretch and extremely bias.

Embarrassing comment - no wonder why people think we are flogs.
He's been pretty promising for us this year and showed some great signs, but to say he'd be their best defensive player is a real stretch and extremely bias.
Good to hear Hawks supporters with some knowledge. Scrimshaw has been more than serviceable for you but there’s no way I’d put him in front of Harbrow, Weller, Collins, Hombsch and even Ballard this year. I doubt Scrimshaw would look nearly as good in a backline continually under the pump as ours has been and not surrounded by good experienced players such as Burgoyne, Impey, Sicily and Stratton.

On Brodie, I’m really hoping he stays with us after all we’ve invested in him. Miles has been OK for us but is just a stopgap measure. Will is progressing nicely.

Last edited:
Out of the team, can’t see wether it’s injury or if he’s been dropped again, if dropped surely he’d be looking at his options. Thought that he’d put a couple of solid weeks together but always seems to be the first chopped

Out of the team, can’t see wether it’s injury or if he’s been dropped again, if dropped surely he’d be looking at his options. Thought that he’d put a couple of solid weeks together but always seems to be the first chopped
Has been dropped, we are to slow through the middle but Will seems to be the first dropped straight away. I think he will be out end of the year

Has been dropped, we are to slow through the middle but Will seems to be the first dropped straight away. I think he will be out end of the year
Weird, the kid has talent, surely playing him is better for your future than giving guys like miles and Ellis a gig in front of him

Weird, the kid has talent, surely playing him is better for your future than giving guys like miles and Ellis a gig in front of him
Ellis has been dropped as well. Miles is a lock for our team these days. Need a bit of maturity out there.

Will probably be elsewhere come next year.

He has a lot of talent but we must be missing something. He must not be hitting internal targets or something because he can’t get an extended run in the 1sts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back