Traded Will Brodie [traded with #19, #61, #69 to Fremantle for F2, F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does he play round 1 next year?

Think Brodie will really surprise a few. With years of development under his belt I think he’s prime for a career best season.

Not sure about pairing him with Mandy at a center bounce, but moving forward Brodie + Bradshaw + Serong is a really strong balance of grunt, skills and speed

Malifice

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
They paid us to take him.

36 disposals
20 contested
6 clearances
5 tackles

Batshit crazy of them, he was always a huge chance of being a gun, and I have no idea why Essendon didn't take him, seeing as he's literally exactly the sort of contested midfield player they've been screaming for all these years since Jobe left, and he's better than free.

This guy was the clear number 1 in his draft for much of his draft year.

Yoda_

Hall of Famer
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Batshit crazy of them, we was always going to be a gun, and I have no idea why Essendon didn't take him, seeing as he's literally exactly the sort of contested midfield player they've been screaming for all these years since Jobe left, and he's better than free.
Other areas of concern? We were the 10th best team for clearances so obviously wasn't seen as a pressing need

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other areas of concern? We were the 10th best team for clearances so obviously wasn't seen as a pressing need
calculating the hangover GIF

Malifice

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

You havent had that inside mid though since Jobe left, and he was all but free.

In fact, as it turned out, he was better than free.

ThePhreshOne

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Gold Coast have done another Jarryd Lyons haven't they..

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Interesting to know how much of a dump Freo is paying but again GC have ducked up bad here.

Was listening to some radio commentary this morning and they were mentioning that the issue for GC was his fitness base and inability to run out a game. Has been playing 60 - 70% game time with Freo, not sure about what his percentage last night was but what they've got was a similar player to Cerra whose given more to them through getting plenty of opportunity , rather than someone who was out the door during 2021 already.

s_wd6

Club Legend
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting to know how much of a dump Freo is paying but again GC have f’ed up bad here.

Was listening to some radio commentary this morning and they were mentioning that the issue for GC was his fitness base and inability to run out a game. Has been playing 60 - 70% game time with Freo, not sure about what his percentage last night was but what they've got was a similar player to Cerra whose given more to them through getting plenty of opportunity , rather than someone who was out the door during 2021 already.
Only played managed 73% game time yesterday and still racked up the 36. 83% last week so I'm not really concerned about his lack of fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snuffaluphagus

Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Only played managed 73% game time yesterday and still racked up the 36. 83% last week so I'm not really concerned about his lack of fitness.
Also, with Fyfe and Serong coming back, we won’t need him to play 85%+ on ball. He’ll be able to rotate through giving 100% every minute he’s in the field

branedotorg

Premium Platinum
Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
Good to see it's clicking for him now, was the one I wanted over SPS in that draft and fair to say both have been underwhelming.

Both at new clubs, fair to say only one is really impressive so far

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
what they've got was a similar player to Cerra whose given more to them through getting plenty of opportunity , rather than someone who was out the door during 2021 already.

Brodie and Cerra are nothing alike.

Cerra is silk. Beautiful user of the football.

Brodie's disposal is ordinary, but he wins contested ball and clearances.

freo_leo29

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Do you play fiorini or Brodie?
As a clearance mid?

Brodie

I don't know if those two are the same kind of role but I can also see how you can't fit Fio, Rowell and Brodie in the same team

Fio probably complements Rowell/Brodie more than those two do for each other

Bucking Bronco

Team Captain
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Cerra is silk. Beautiful user of the football.
Still waiting to see this.

Been watching closely for 3 or 4 years.

Not seen anything that would make you say "gee, this guy is one of the best kicks in the comp and one of the first players I would think of when someone raises the topic".

Just seems a standard-ish kick of the ball and has done so ever since he started playing.

freo_leo29

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Still waiting to see this.

Been watching closely for 3 or 4 years.

Not seen anything that would make you say "gee, this guy is one of the best kicks in the comp and one of the first players I would think of when someone raises the topic".

Just seems a standard-ish kick of the ball and has done so ever since he started playing.
Makes amazing 45 metre kicks into the corridor, puts kicks to a leading player i50 and just generally makes good decisions with the ball, there is an example of him in a pack just lacing someone out in a kick angled across the field that goes about 45 metres.

Great player tbh

TheBigHorne

Team Captain
Feb 19, 2022
Inside your house
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah you're 10th in clearances. Problem is you have horrendous defensive structures/players so winning those clearances becomes important.

Plus Fremantle was paid to take Brodie.

This is the most value for cost recruit of the 2021 off-season so far, as good as Hewett has been for Carlton.

RonnieRaven

Mature age recruit
Suspended
Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
37 @ 89% beast mode again lastnight.
If Johnson gets over injury and comes On like the other youth have under jlo this trade might make the worst trade top ten of all time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad