Traded Will Brodie [traded with #19, #61, #69 to Fremantle for F2, F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

So that makes him a big name because another club was interested?

Multiple clubs were into Dan Butler last off-season, is he a big name too? Adam Tomlinson had multiple suitors, him too? C'mon...
Probably why I said “lesser extent”. Most actually considered Rockliff, Dixon and Ryder high profile recruits. how was a former captain at Briasbane and AA who was still in his prime not a high profile recruit?

Last edited:
So that makes him a big name because another club was interested?

Multiple clubs were into Dan Butler last off-season, is he a big name too? Adam Tomlinson had multiple suitors, him too? C'mon...
Butler was very good in a Premiership and sealed the game with a great goal. Richmond only let him go because at the time there was no position for him. You guys messed up badly by not signing him.

Probably why I said “lesser extent”. Most actually considered Rockliff, Dixon and Ryder high profile recruits. how was a former captain at Briasbane and AA who was still in his prime not a high profile recruit?

No, you said to the 'lesser extent' was Motlop and Watts. Semantics aside, even if we consider those 3 high profile (being very generous), my point still stands that you can count on one hand the amount of top shelf, non-SA guys the Adelaide clubs can attract. Adelaide is just not a desirable place for anyone to be traded to as history shows us and the proof is in the pudding really.

If Adelaide can attract someone of the ilk of Brodie in a scenario where they don't just overpay an insane amount, I will stand somewhat corrected and be very surprised as it would be against the grain.

Butler was very good in a Premiership and sealed the game with a great goal. Richmond only let him go because at the time there was no position for him. You guys messed up badly by not signing him.

If you think Butler is a high profile player, good luck to you. He was traded for pick 56... enough said. Why is Carlton even being brought into this?

No, you said to the 'lesser extent' was Motlop and Watts. Semantics aside, even if we consider those 3 high profile (being very generous), my point still stands that you can count on one hand the amount of top shelf, non-SA guys the Adelaide clubs can attract. Adelaide is just not a desirable place for anyone to be traded to as history shows us and the proof is in the pudding really.

If Adelaide can attract someone of the ilk of Brodie in a scenario where they don't just overpay an insane amount, I will stand somewhat corrected and be very surprised as it would be against the grain.

If you think Butler is a high profile player, good luck to you. He was traded for pick 56... enough said. Why is Carlton even being brought into this?
They did chase him....but like Ellis you elected to pass.

They did chase him....but like Ellis you elected to pass.

Who is saying they didn't? Do you not understand that is has nothing to do with this thread and it's pretty confusing why it's even been brought up...

If you want to discuss Butler or Carlton's trading I suggest you do it in the appropriate thread.

Who is saying they didn't? Do you not understand that is has nothing to do with this thread and it's pretty confusing why it's even been brought up...

If you want to discuss Butler or Carlton's trading I suggest you do it in the appropriate thread.
You mentioned him first....check

Currently stuck behind inside mids:

Swallow
Greenwood
Miller
Rowell
Fiorini
Brodie

Can’t play them all 🤷‍♂️

Even Fiorini can’t crack best 22 at the moment.

Although normally we would have 14 on the injury list by now, and he would be guaranteed a game if fit... 😂

Now using Will Brodie as an example of a high profile recruit.... geez I think you need to drop the lost cause man.

If you were talking about the Crows specifically you’d be right. Port can get decent interstate players. Sure port won’t be attracting Lance Franklin or Dustin Martin in their primes but how many clubs could? I don’t understand why you think Will Brodie is so unreasonable he’s not even getting a game at the suns.

Now using Will Brodie as an example of a high profile recruit.... geez I think you need to drop the lost cause man.

And you need to read the whole thread because that is totally misrepresenting what I've said... Not even close.

If you were talking about the Crows specifically you’d be right. Port can get decent interstate players. Sure port won’t be attracting Lance Franklin or Dustin Martin in their primes but how many clubs could? I don’t understand why you think Will Brodie is so unreasonable he’s not even getting a game at the suns.

Again, read the whole thread and what I've written previously not just the first post you see and then guess that's what I've said out of context... I've never said Port wouldn't be able to get Brodie, in fact quite the opposite. You and your mate above have done the same thing, he/she thinks I've said Brodie is a high profile player, either deliberately or being too ignorant to bother reading everything I've said in the thread.

Bloody hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think 3 players who many wouldn't consider high profile at all proves your point? I said that both teams could count the number of big names they have been able to recruit who aren't from SA on one hand and you've just proven my point.

It's further proven by the quality you've listed and the circumstances. Dixon was paid a small fortune to get him in but was a pretty good get, Ryder was a decent name I'll grant and no one could consider Rockliff a big name by any metric. Watts is a C grader who Melbourne wanted gone and Motlop has never achieved any sort of consistency, Geelong wanted him gone too and he has family connections and ties to the club and SA anyway.

But yeah, I've got no case :drunk:
Judd's VISY deal and overpaying each year for a couple of GWS rejects aside, Carlton haven't been a model club for attracting talent. Port in particular have been very good and Adelaide will be fine.

Judd's VISY deal and overpaying each year for a couple of GWS rejects aside, Carlton haven't been a model club for attracting talent. Port in particular have been very good and Adelaide will be fine.

It really shows the quality of the poster to have to bring the club other posters supports into the conversation when it's totally off topic...

Already addressed the two SA teams in that regard which you're aware of due to your lurk liking... both history and I disagree with you. But thanks for the illuminating and well thought out response :rolleyes:

It really shows the quality of the poster to have to bring the club other posters supports into the conversation when it's totally off topic...

Already addressed the two SA teams in that regard which you're aware of due to your lurk liking... both history and I disagree with you. But thanks for the illuminating and well thought out response :rolleyes:
Literally nobody understands the point you are trying to make. Are you stating that Port Adelaide and Adelaide attract lesser recruits because they're in South Australia compared to Victoria? Or is that your old argument?

Literally nobody understands the point you are trying to make. Are you stating that Port Adelaide and Adelaide attract lesser recruits because they're in South Australia compared to Victoria? Or is that your old argument?

I suggest you don't understand what the word 'literally' means, unless you believe you speak for 'everybody'. If you and the other high quality posters can't comprehend what I've stated is my opinion in here over multiple posts, that's kind of your problem and i'm not going to simply repeat myself over and over because the proof is in the pudding with what I've said and my posts are pretty clear.

Most of the responses to me are more interesting in bringing Carlton into the discussion (classic) and gloss over everything I've said that simply doesn't suit their agenda or opinion... funny that. I'm not going to respond to anymore trolls and derailments of the thread, which has probably already been steered too far away from Brodie anyway. As I've said originally, the odds of someone like Will Brodie wanting to join the Crows IMO is extremely remote. Just don't even see them being in the hunt at all...

Last edited:
I suggest you don't understand what the word 'literally' means unless you believe you speak for 'everybody'. If you and a the other high quality posters can't comprehend what I've stated is my opinion in here over multiple posts, that's kind of your problem and i'm not going to simply myself over and over because the proof is in the pudding with what I've said and my posts are pretty clear.

Most of the responses to me are more interesting in bringing Carlton into the discussion (classic) and gloss over everything I've said that simply doesn't suit their agenda or opinion... funny that. I'm not going to respond to anymore trolls and derailments of the thread, which has probably already been steered too far away from Brodie anyway. As I've said originally, the odds of someone like Will Brodie wanting to join the Crows IMO is extremely remote. Just don't even see them being in the hunt at all...
Now I thinking your some kind of pseudo-troll account. The the majority of posters in this thread think you have no leg to stand on, and you're the lone preacher of this weird anti-Adelaide agenda. Of course Carlton will be brought in because you support them and you are slagging off other clubs.

Now I thinking your some kind of pseudo-troll account. The the majority of posters in this thread think you have no leg to stand on, and you're the lone preacher of this weird anti-Adelaide agenda.

Think what you like. I've made reasoned and logical points that have thus far been responded to by people bringing up Carlton, helping prove my points and other emotive jibbersh.

Of course Carlton will be brought in because you support them and you are slagging off other clubs.

A posters club is often brought up by people unwilling or incapable of having an intelligent conversation about matters at hand. The fact that you think 'of course' it was brought up says pretty much everything.

I'm also not slagging anyone off, if we aren't able to critique and provide opinions, what are we doing here?

As I've said, not going to engage with anymore of this rubbish unless someone has something of value to contribute or debate :thumbsu:

Richmond very keen.

He spent time with their VFL program (while at Scotch College) prior to being drafted and they really rated him.

Was also a big Tigers fan growing up IIRC.

Richmond also have a good trading relationship with GC / Craig Cameron connection.

If he hasn't broken back into our best 22 by season end, I can see the Suns entertaining a trade even though he is still contracted for a couple of years.

Especially if it frees up cap to use on best 22 trade target or FA.

I wonder what Richmond would offer?

I thought Peter Wright might be in a similar boat but big young key forwards that are good pinch hitters in the ruck are harder to find. I don't think the Suns will entertain a trade for him yet.

Stuck behind a lot of inside mids at the Suns.
I despise articles like this... He is 100% talking out his ass

He says clubs believe he is getable and yet doesn't mention who they are?

No mention if the Suns are actually willing to let him leave

No mention that he has actually indicated he may want to leave

I legit could have written this article, it is just common sense that a guy struggling to crack in to the best 22 MAY want to leave for more opportunity. Doesn't mean old mate Tom has heard a thing.

Richmond very keen.

He spent time with their VFL program (while at Scotch College) prior to being drafted and they really rated him.

Was also a big Tigers fan growing up IIRC.

Richmond also have a good trading relationship with GC / Craig Cameron connection.
Would be an odd choice for him to head to Richmond for more opportunity though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back