Traded Will Brodie [traded with #19, #61, #69 to Fremantle for F2, F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

37 @ 89% beast mode again lastnight.
If Johnson gets over injury and comes On like the other youth have under jlo this trade might make the worst trade top ten of all time.

It already is

It’s getting ridiculous now. I thought he was just another steak knives, top 10 bust who was thrown in along with pick 19 as a sweetener. It’s incredible how good he’s been. He’s getting better every game too.
Would have bagged the 3 votes comfortably last night.
Could he be an All Australian dark horse?
Wtf were Gold Coast thinking??

We got Benning aswell who has potential but it’s a wait and see.
Brodie Johnson Benning for
F2(pk 35-40) F4(pk 70-80).
I was always a little bitter with some of suns concessions as we had a similar success in the first 10 years of existence.
After the Weller for pick 2 (brayshaw)
And this trade I think the footy gods have evened up the ledger a bit.
I do remember a couple suns posters say that Weller was better than brayshaw last year so maybe that was a win win.

We got Benning aswell who has potential but it’s a wait and see.
Brodie Johnson Benning for
F2(pk 35-40) F4(pk 70-80).
I was always a little bitter with some of suns concessions as we had a similar success in the first 10 years of existence.
After the Weller for pick 2 (brayshaw)
And this trade I think the footy gods have evened up the ledger a bit.
I do remember a couple suns posters say that Weller was better than brayshaw last year so maybe that was a win win.
Not sure who would have possibly said that or where you read it.
Consensus amongst suns posters is that Weller was pretty average. Particularly in the second half of last year.
Find it hard to believe that was said by anyone, let alone multiple people.

I think the Weller trade is a Win/Win. Both clubs got what they needed. The values of things (draft picks) I obviously distorted because GCSs have excess of draft opportunity, but Weller is a good addition.

It’s more and more lopsided by the day this trade.
Brodie is a star! Was outstanding again today v the premiers. He’s able to contort his body like stretch Armstrong to get his handballs away to advantage like nobody I’ve ever seen. It’s freakishly good.
He’s probably got the cleanest hands in contested footy at the club apart from Nat Fyfe. Also was our best Player over the last two weeks before today in the wet.
He can’t be too far away from the AA squad at least?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back