Will Carlton be the 'bolter' in 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You're supposed to use you're football knowledge to work out the future mate but yeah can see why you need a crystal ball.
Hence my earlier post.

Which is different from many of you Carlton hopefuls - 'Past performance is not an indicator of future performance'.

Arr0w

Hall of Famer
Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Hence my earlier post.

Which is different from many of you Carlton hopefuls - 'Past performance is not an indicator of future performance'.

It isn't, look at you guys in 2021, finishing 17th and Demons that finished 9th, the following year win the flag

Your analysis has always been based on past events, rather than the readiness or the decline of a squad as a whole

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Actually, after careful consideration, I don't understand why Carlton aren't flag favourites.

A team once won the flag the year after they finished 9th, so Carlton are therefore perfectly placed.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Rioli2Rioli

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Actually, after careful consideration, I don't understand why Carlton aren't flag favourites.

A team once won the flag the year after they finished 9th, so Carlton are therefore perfectly placed.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
Dont look too far back
2016 Richmond finished 13th and won the flag in 2017

Carlton certainly have the top end talent and depth now , My concern is their Speed & Game Plan

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Most of the improvement will come from within as we are still relatively young with some maturing to do.

No reason why McGovern can't play an important role for us. Looked comfortable down back this year. But I do think it's 18+ games or out the door for both he and Marchbank, probably Cuningham too.

McGovern down back.. that’s the good guts man. Don't think he'll ever be an AA out of the bag doozey though. Only the 7 games this season so staying fit is the problem.

What's the solution?

Clue:
2018 GF
Scharenberg HBF & Dunn FB bench warming it as support.
Langdon HBF & Goldsack FB.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad