Votes: 73 56.6%
  • No Chance

Votes: 36 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, nice to be a mathematical chance going into the final two weeks for the first time since 2013 - here is a ladder predictor where dreams are made.....

thank you J. we finish 11th according to my tips. dogs 7th, filth 8th. gws, dees and then us. :(

Don't ask me why the designer decided to put McGovern there of all people...

4chboim1e2m51.jpg

Once we be blew BOTH games against Pies and GWS after already terrible loss to Hawks we gave up any expectations to deserve to make it. Destiny was in our hands and pissed 2020 finals experience for our younger players down the toilet with stubborn MC sticking to top heavy forward line and watch goals totally dry up until it all too late now.
We needed to get 10 wins, which already pointed out before we played Pies and Giants as Dogs were always likely to end on 10 wins anyway. They downed Eagles on Gold Coast (narrowly) but I always expected that, which is why anyone thinking 9 wins would be enough were in mathematical dream world.
I did not foresee Demons totally pissing their chance down the drain too and now Giants after beating us trying to do the same.
Pies grabbed their chance v us and deserve to make it. Also Dogs now should make it with Demons and Giants going to miss out with them blowing chances of destiny in our hands like we did previous weeks.

All we got now is two games left in season to end on good note and see if we can rise above Demons and Giants to end up 9th or 10th.
Was a good win v Swans that been building their own youth up since 2016 like we have, so it was good to see us come back against team with similar list age profile. The ruck baton has been fully passed on now with De Konning the future after Big Kruezer retired. De Konning has been the best development for us this year and Pittonet has been a big bodied mature size ruck recruit that can compete at decent senior level against most rucks. SOS has left us in a good position for rucks division.

We got Charlie, Harry and Jack to be our forward targets in 2021. De Kon and Pitto for ruck and Levi maybe to help those two in ruck for another season or two when needed. Still got work to do for small forwards, small backs and get the midfield balance right. Over to football department to get the selections right and development of these areas corrected over summer.
2021 should be aiming for top 6 for sure and I expect top 4 if we really get a different support coaching group that more switched on. Teague needs better support than someone like Barker if we want to step things up quicker than 2020.

Last edited:
I’d rather we didn’t. Prefer they put the senior boys out to pasture for the year, to reduce risk of injury; it’s been a tough few months. This is a Claytons season, finals don’t mean as much in 2020.

I’d rather we didn’t. Prefer they put the senior boys out to pasture for the year, to reduce risk of injury; it’s been a tough few months. This is a Claytons season, finals don’t mean as much in 2020.
I think finals will mean just as much in the wash up, but i think it is also pretty clear we would be just making up the numbers this season. We have a few vital cogs running on fumes and a number missing who would make a difference.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think finals will mean just as much in the wash up, but i think it is also pretty clear we would be just making up the numbers this season. We have a few vital cogs running on fumes and a number missing who would make a difference.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, understandable that some of us will feel the way you’ve described. It’s been one of those silly seasons.

Really hoping GWS beat Melbourne. Saints are a better chance to beat GWS, then Essendon has at beating Melbourne (also no way im cheering on that stain of a mob)

The tough one will be Bulldogs loosing one of Hawthorn and Freo.
Freo has a shot but it may come down to motivation, freo with not much to play for apart from finishing the year off well and bulldogs fighting for the 8.
Its gonna be close baggers !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody predicting the GWS/Melbourne draw this weekend. Now that would shake things up a lot...

I really like the idea of the Pies losing the next two and dropping out also...

VERY Unlikely, but some weird stuff is going down in 2020

Nobody predicting the GWS/Melbourne draw this weekend. Now that would shake things up a lot...

I really like the idea of the Pies losing the next two and dropping out also...

VERY Unlikely, but some weird stuff is going down in 2020
Not that unlikely, the only need to have a down game vs GC this week they wont beat port.

Not for several years, we need major surgery to cut cancerous attitudes out. conditional cannot exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back