Votes: 73 56.6%
  • No Chance

Votes: 36 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a dozen very good footballers in 2008. I'm not so down on our list. Who'd have guessed Grigg would be the premiership player?

I'm far less disappointed about our loss today than I am just about the team achieving below expectations. I'm sure most would've expected us to be playing finals by now

Below expectations?

There is every chance we finish this season off with 8 wins from 17 matches.

I am on record as saying I believe we can play finals in 2020, but I have always been in the minority on that front.

Most expected a rise, but to not quite be good enough to play finals. And that is exactly what looks like eventuating.

Below expectations?

There is every chance we finish this season off with 8 wins from 17 matches.

I am on record as saying I believe we can play finals in 2020, but I have always been in the minority on that front.

Most expected a rise, but to not quite be good enough to play finals. And that is exactly what looks like eventuating.
Yes below my expectations, and yours from what you said. I'm not shifting goalposts now that it looks highly unlikely we won't make it.

I'm not here saying sakc Teague or start culling the list, just disappointed we haven't made the progress I had hoped. Need more from the 2017 draftees and onward

We've had one of the leagues best mids for 7 years and he is no closer to playing in a final let alone in a premiership team.

In fairness Cripps and Docherty have been average many times this season. If they performed to the level we know they can, we would have won a couple more games.

Yes below my expectations, and yours from what you said. I'm not shifting goalposts now that it looks highly unlikely we won't make it.

I'm not here saying sakc Teague or start culling the list, just disappointed we haven't made the progress I had hoped. Need more from the 2017 draftees and onward

Below our expectations sure, but of the majority?

I don't think so.

Our rebuild timeline is still ahead of Lions and Saints, but this off season is very important
What timeline are you using for this?

We have really been tracking one year behind Brisbane, they finished second last year, we won’t play finals.

Their rebuild is far better than ours by any measure

What timeline are you using for this?

We have really been tracking one year behind Brisbane, they finished second last year, we won’t play finals.

Their rebuild is far better than ours by any measure

is it because the pricks at AFL house gave them a Priority Pick but not us?

We still can, and that is better then last year with 4 games to go
The optimist in me says we can still play finals even after only winning 3 out of the next 4. The squid at Predictor supports that view, although one of those wins needs to be against GWS.

NB: I am not a Carlton optimist - I haven’t been able to watch a game since our last 3 quarters against the Dawks.

8DBD82F4-D7D9-4335-B536-7726240F5440.png

Probably not at this point. We've at least 2 wins in us, but that's provided we don't do what we've done every season for the past few and get to the off-season halfway through round 20.

That's the key for the coaching at present; keep them involved and keep them working their arses off. Finals isn't completely gone, not just yet, but they've got to work harder than they've ever worked to get there now.

The midfield remains very ordinary and looks like Dow is a major bust which hurts, as you expect that early picks like him would be good players, I think LOB also looks to be a miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed in what way? They started their rebuild end of 2013, 2018 they finished the season with 5 wins

They managed to secure a great midfielder in Neale and CC. They also nailed a few of their earlier midfielders and we may have missed with the same picks. I think we might be tracking a little behind them in terms of development.

They managed to secure a great midfielder in Neale and CC. They also nailed a few of their earlier midfielders and we may have missed with the same picks. I think we might be tracking a little behind them in terms of development.

We certainly need to be active this trade period

As for the draft, with early picks, I would have selected 2 different players, Cerra over Dow, Smith over Walsh, but Walsh will be a 300 game

Later picks is where I would have gone differently with up to 4 players

Although, it won't dramatically change our rise

Development will look differently once many of these kids hit 75+ games

We certainly need to be active this trade period

As for the draft, with early picks, I would have selected 2 different players, Cerra over Dow, Smith over Walsh, but Walsh will be a 300 game

Development will look differently once many of these kids hit 75+ games

I was close to BF's biggest Cerra fanboy in his year, so with you on that one. Then again, I was also not on the Cripps bandwagon, so sometimes you look smart, other times you have egg on your face.

Walsh v Smith, I was more a Walsh fan, but Smith probably fits our needs a little more, but still we're talking about two great options.

Stocker and Kemp are two other players that will really define our development in future years, need those two to provide a great option.

Might as change the title of the thread to 2021.
It is still up to us in 2020.

Win 4 matches and we should play finals.
GWS this week is the hardest as they have an extra day recovery. If we win, it stays in our hands...

C'mon Blues!

Got Jarrod Lyons for stuff all as well and has been good for them.

It is still up to us in 2020.

Win 4 matches and we should play finals.
GWS this week is the hardest as they have an extra day recovery. If we win, it stays in our hands...

C'mon Blues!
I can't see us winning games in a row to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back