Will Carlton win another game this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

jmorg1

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2003
that's me!bourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
As I presume would be the case with most non-Carlton supporters, I would like to see Carlton win at least one more game this year so that they do not acquire a priority pick.

Sadly, I do not think this will be the case. I believe that the club will deliberately set out to not win any more games this year.

I remember in years past when teams such as Hawthorn would, on several occasions, be on the brink of winning that one extra game to prevent them from getting that priority pick, only to end up losing in the most bizarre circumstances.

Unfortunately, I think that will be the case with Carlton this year. You'll see them almost win, get your hopes up, but at the end of the day, they'll lose.

If we will win, then the best chances are against Essendon and Melbourne. Enough of this tanking bullshit, whatever hand fate deals us I suppose. Missing one solitary player who may or may not make it won't be a disaster as some people are claiming. If we draft smartly with the rest of our picks, hell even if one of them turn out very good, the loss will not be felt. And that's assuming the #1 pick will turn out very good too.

The real strength of the draft is more than just picking one potential star. Intelligent recruiting and drafting will be the keys here, people are going by an unknown, a freaking draft place number. Why can't you win a couple more games and finish strongly, AND pick some potential young stars at the same time? Is it like you cannot pick any superstar or good kid under #5? For ferks sake, we'll be getting a pick in the top 10 anyway. Also do well in your 2nd and 3rd rounds perhaps, and you'll increase your depth. Maybe some of you are thinking that there might not be much chance for that... well, perhaps it's the same chance as the PP single handedly getting us to a strong finals finish?

Yes, the PP will help us - but will missing it mean doom and gloom for us? Hell no.

If we will win, then the best chances are against Essendon and Melbourne. Enough of this tanking bullshit, whatever hand fate deals us I suppose. Missing one solitary player who may or may not make it won't be a disaster as some people are claiming. If we draft smartly with the rest of our picks, hell even if one of them turn out very good, the loss will not be felt. And that's assuming the #1 pick will turn out very good too.

The real strength of the draft is more than just picking one potential star. Intelligent recruiting and drafting will be the keys here, people are going by an unknown, a freaking draft place number. Why can't you win a couple more games and finish strongly, AND pick some potential young stars at the same time? Is it like you cannot pick any superstar or good kid under #5? For ferks sake, we'll be getting a pick in the top 10 anyway. Also do well in your 2nd and 3rd rounds perhaps, and you'll increase your depth. Maybe some of you are thinking that there might not be much chance for that... well, perhaps it's the same chance as the PP single handedly getting us to a strong finals finish?

Yes, the PP will help us - but will missing it mean doom and gloom for us? Hell no.

I just can't understand why carlton don't employ in_like_flint as their recruiting manager :D

I just can't understand why carlton don't employ in_like_flint as their recruiting manager :D

Perhaps he can explain to us why we can't rebuild and develop our list if we miss out on one single teenager who may/may not cut it. Oh lookie, we still have a top 10 draft pick! Oh lookie, we still have more draft picks to use! Oh lookie, we still have a core of youngsters we can still build on! Why on earth can't we utilise them? Is it because they're destined to be crap when they're picked at a lower placing?

Perhaps he can explain to us why we can't rebuild and develop our list if we miss out on one single teenager who may/may not cut it. Oh lookie, we still have a top 10 draft pick! Oh lookie, we still have more draft picks to use! Oh lookie, we still have a core of youngsters we can still build on! Why on earth can't we utilise them? Is it because they're destined to be crap when they're picked at a lower placing?

Yeah, me and you have very similar views on that topic.

He will be able to explain ALL that stuff to you.

He is so talented that he can tell you what untried youngsters will make it and which ones won't.
That's why i can't understand why carlton, or any other AFL club hasn't hired him yet......
Imagine the team he would be able to assemble in only 2 years....:eek:

I reckon they will. They're playing with a lot of spirit at the moment. On current form they'd start favourites against Melbourne, and they'd be a chance against Essendon too, especially if Essendon is out of the finals race.

Agree Thrawn, I am fed-up with these constant ****ing threads about the same s**t over and over...

if we win great, we lose its because the other team played better then us not because we "tanked" no-one plays AFL to lose, get a clue

Will beat Essendon, Melbourne and North!! Will finish '07 with a 7-15 season. Bookmark it and give me shite if I'm wrong. Could have won the last 2 weeks against top 8 teams (Saints & Pies) with a just bit more polish. Stevo and Red might have helped. I'd kill for 2-3 experienced 25-28 year olds in the team right now to steady the ship when needed at the death. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton could beat both Essendon and Melbourne, but I think Port and the Kangaroos will be too strong on current form. I prefer to look at Carlton as being young and having a go rather than being tankers. Ratten is playing a more possession type of game and the players are responding to their abilities, which isn't great but they are trying to win.

I think Carlton already have a promising group of young players...I don't really think the priority pick is all it is made out to be...I definitely don't think the blues tanked yesterday and I do think they will win a couple more this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back