Will Clarkson add a 5th Premiership by the end of 2022 ?

Will Clarskon win another Premiership by 2022

• Yes

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sm-picche.gif

Our recent run of sustained success has blinded many Hawk fans to just how difficult Premierships are to win. Even with the most talented list in the league we still came up short in 2011 & 2012 for instance, and all of our 3peat prelims were very close games which could've gone the other way. Nothing is guaranteed in football, we may still have the best coach but we're a long way off having the best squad and our age profile will challenge us to maintain the status quo let alone overtake other teams, particularly with younger ones who have more unfulfilled potential than ours on the rise.

Let's face it, if we didn't have Clarko I doubt many of us would be nearly as bullish about our chances of saluting in the near future. He isn't the sole reason for optimism when we have guys like Sicily, Mitchell, JOM, Wingard and such, but our list has major holes at both ends and the talent in the middle isn't supreme enough to compensate for it. To win a flag in the next few years a couple of young guns like Nash for example are going to have to emerge and have a massive impact much like De Goey did for Collingflog this season, and we'll need to secure more elite talent through trades & free agency without giving up much.

I think another flag is definitely possible before Clarko's contract is up, but realistically each team has a 1 in 18 chance and the league is so even a massive slice of luck would be involved. We're currently 6th in 2019 Premiership odds with close to the oldest list in the league... that suggests if we do pinch one fairly soon it would be a fairly big surprise.

Refer to the Clubs management plan...2 Premierships with 5 and 7 by 2050 (32 seasons) ....so the answer is 6 for Clarkson by 2022 which will put him in Jock Mchale and Norm Smith territory as the top 3 coaches in history of Game (all as one Club coaches)...thats his destiny and he knows or ought to know it, and thats his Objective

Our recent run of sustained success has blinded many Hawk fans to just how difficult Premierships are to win. Even with the most talented list in the league we still came up short in 2011 & 2012 for instance, and all of our 3peat prelims were very close games which could've gone the other way. Nothing is guaranteed in football, we may still have the best coach but we're a long way off having the best squad and our age profile will challenge us to maintain the status quo let alone overtake other teams, particularly with younger ones who have more unfulfilled potential than ours on the rise.

Let's face it, if we didn't have Clarko I doubt many of us would be nearly as bullish about our chances of saluting in the near future. He isn't the sole reason for optimism when we have guys like Sicily, Mitchell, JOM, Wingard and such, but our list has major holes at both ends and the talent in the middle isn't supreme enough to compensate for it. To win a flag in the next few years a couple of young guns like Nash for example are going to have to emerge and have a massive impact much like De Goey did for Collingflog this season, and we'll need to secure more elite talent through trades & free agency without giving up much.

I think another flag is definitely possible before Clarko's contract is up, but realistically each team has a 1 in 18 chance and the league is so even a massive slice of luck would be involved. We're currently 6th in 2019 Premiership odds with close to the oldest list in the league... that suggests if we do pinch one fairly soon it would be a fairly big surprise.

Yeah this is pretty much exactly how I feel on the circumstances also, very well summarised.

Another Premiership by 2022!? Hope so. :)

To improve in 2019 we need our our ball use and run need to improve dramatically. Most weeks we worked so bloody hard for each score, and then got cut up back the other way.

Without the key forward target many of us hoped for, speed and run, and ball use/skills will be needed to become a team that can consistently kick a score.

Good news is Clarko knows this better than I do, and the trades we made move us in that direction. So 2019 but more likely 2020 I could see us in the mix if things go well.

But flags are so bloody hard to win. We will still need huge improvements in our young players, and further trading.

Ironically, today was a great lesson. To win a premiership a club needs many players to step up and play their very best. Good Will Langford was not a 200 game Hawthorn legend, and retired at 26. But he was a crucial piece of the 2014 success. And that’s what we will need again. Some of these young players who may not play 100 games for the club, might be absolutely essential when the time comes. In some respects, the development of the second and third tier is perhaps what will determine how far this list can get.

Clarko doesn’t win a flag. Sure he did in 2008 against the greatest team of all but he was still learning.

He signed for a reason.

He will build another dynasty club. Next year we need a CHB, a CHF and a elite mid. Then we need to replace Poppy, Birchall, Burgoyne and a few others. It’s a three year plan. How he does it I don’t know, but he will. Him signing on for three years means he believes he can do it and he’s shown his belief means he can and will. The next three years will be as exciting as 2005/6-2008, minimum, but likely 2009 to the 2013-15 threepeat.

I can’t to watch the master and I just paid for our Legends Club seats so I can watch it start next year. I urge you all to do the same. This may be his greatest three years of all.

Clarko doesn’t win a flag. Sure he did in 2008 against the greatest team of all but he was still learning.

He signed for a reason.

He will build another dynasty club. Next year we need a CHB, a CHF and a elite mid. Then we need to replace Poppy, Birchall, Burgoyne and a few others. It’s a three year plan. How he does it I don’t know, but he will. Him signing on for three years means he believes he can do it and he’s shown his belief means he can and will. The next three years will be as exciting as 2005/6-2008, minimum, but likely 2009 to the 2013-15 threepeat.

I can’t to watch the master and I just paid for our Legends Club seats so I can watch it start next year. I urge you all to do the same. This may be his greatest three years of all.

Yeah very hard positions to fill the CHB and CHF. I think we all hold out hope that Coniglio may just well be the elite mid that we add.

He signed for a reason.

doesn't mean he can't win one while still building :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will have the talent to have 1 or 2.

I wonder if the mentality will be there - that is high calibre players fuelled by the disappointment of 2011/12 and the curse.

Very Unlikely to happen.

On top of a fair share of luck with injuries and winning the close finals, we would need a massive ongoing injection of talent.

Only real chance is doing a 'Bulldogs' and playing a blinder through the finals punching above our weight.

Frawley should be done next year, is not a very good player, add him to the list of Rough, Burgoyne, Birchall and Poppy. By 2022 if we can keep our current list we will win a premiership, maybe even more than 1. It's a tough ask as its only 3 years away and there is still a lot of learning to do, if he can't do it by 2022 then Mitch will have them primed for 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back