Will Clarkson add a 5th Premiership by the end of 2022 ?

Will Clarskon win another Premiership by 2022

• Yes

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Just want to get the general opinions on this board to see if the majority think Clarko will take us to the promised land yet again in the 4 years remaining on his contract ?

When I look at our list as a whole I think we are a couple of pieces away. 2019 will likely be the last season for players such as Burgoyne, Roughead, Birchall* ( hasn't played for 2 years anyways) and maybe even Poppy and these players will need to be replaced. I'm hopeful that players such as Smith, Big boy, Stratton and Frawley still have 3 years of pretty good footy left in the. The core of our list now players like Mitchell, Jaeger, Bruest, Gunston, Wingard, Sicily, Hardwick, Scully ( ankle pending) hopefully have 5+ years left.

As an overall I think we have some chance of saluting in the next 4 years, but it will require some internal development from the kids, Worpel, Morrsion, Howe ( Though not really a kid anymore), Lewis, Hanrahan, Moore, Jiath, Glass, Nash etc, + a couple more shrewd trade periods to get us to the pinnacle again.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

dcutter

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We're no doubt accumulating a key core of elite players once more. Getting Scully and Wingard is nothing short of trade genius.

Clearly need to shore up our key position stocks but make no mistake. We are coming.

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The answer to the question - it's too hard to call.
So many variables to even make a decision; but yes it may be possible if all things clicked and the young kids flourish.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We're no doubt accumulating a key core of elite players once more. Getting Scully and Wingard is nothing short of trade genius.

Clearly need to shore up our key position stocks but make no mistake. We are coming.
Will be ken stoked if Scimerz and Scully come good (Scully injury wise and Scrimerz development wise)

And if Mitchell Lewis, Nash, Glass, Brand, Hanrahan, Mozzie and CJ come good too then

giphy.gif

Caesarr

Senior List
May 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He'll still go down as the greatest coach of all time with or without another flag.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
i think Clarko is hungry for a 5th premiership, so if the hunger is there and he has the support of a quality list, then theres no reason to believe we cant win another one within the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back