Will Clarkson add a 5th Premiership by the end of 2022 ?

Will Clarskon win another Premiership by 2022

• Yes

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can because the comp has never been more even, Cats are best side with 3 ageing stars. With injection of youth thru F/S and NGA prospects coming and smart trading we can rise really quickly. Oh yeah and Clarko

Yes.

We’re at the bottom of our rebuild curve and still competitive ...

Do people realise how profound that is?

Are we though ? We're still likely to lose a couple of important players over the next couple of years such as Big boy and Chip Frawley. This off season is an absolutely massive one for the club, we seriously need to bring in a far degree of talent, through the midfield and key position areas.

Are we though ? We're still likely to lose a couple of important players over the next couple of years such as Big boy and Chip Frawley. This off season is an absolutely massive one for the club, we seriously need to bring in a far degree of talent, through the midfield and key position areas.

We've been in winning positions in a lot of games this year while missing the league's best midfielder from the previous year.

This year it's hard to make a case for who should win the premiership. It's been difficult to make a call ever since the dogs came out, which reflects how even it all is.

Let's look at some of the premiership fancy teams, and check which of them have core players 29 and over:

Geelong: Ablett, Selwood, Hawkins, Dangerfield and Taylor.

Richmond: Houli, Edwards, Riewoldt, Rance and Cotchin.

West Coast: Kennedy, Hurn, Masten, Jetta, Naitanui and Shuey.

In fact, Collingwood are the only team considered a premiership contender that don't have many in that category. Pendlebury, Howe, Beams are really the only team vital players in that area.

Last edited:
We've been in winning positions in a lot of games this year while missing the league's best midfielder from the previous year.

This year it's hard to make a case for who should win the premiership. It's been difficult to make a call ever since the dogs came out, which reflects how even it all is.

Let's look at some of the premiership fancy teams, and check which of them have core players 29 and over:

Geelong: Ablett, Selwood, Hawkins, Dangerfield and Taylor.

Richmond: Houli, Edwards, Riewoldt, Rance and Cotchin.

West Coast: Kennedy, Hurn, Masten, Jetta, Naitanui and Shuey.

In fact, Collingwood are the only team considered a premiership contender that don't have many in that category. Pendlebury, Howe, Beams are really the only team vital players in that area.

It isn't that hard this year, I know we hate them but Geelong are at least 2 games and 20% better than anyone else through 14 matches.

It isn't that hard this year, I know we hate them but Geelong are at least 2 games and 20% better than anyone else through 14 matches.

By virtue of not suffering the same level of injuries as other teams that are expecting to compete. Other clubs in that echelon have been marred by missing key players through injury.

I'm not underrating Geelong because I dislike the club. They had a real chance to sink the slipper into us when we went against them without Mitchell, Stratton, Frawley, Shiels and Burgoyne, but we were competitive for the majority of it.

Kudos to them, they adapted to the rule changes quicker than anyone else and have had a relatively uninterrupted team, but they're not the obvious premier.

It's hard to argue that we won't improve next year, with what should be a significantly easier draw, the inclusion of FA, draftees, traded players and essentially adding Tom Mitchell and Chad Wingard into the team. If we do make significant improvements next year, then it is hard to see 2019 not being the bottom of our rebuild curve.

BTW I actually sense a potential premiership smokey coming along. Geelong are the top team in the competition.

Adelaide challenged them, and really should've made it a closer game.

Port beat them 9.13 to 8.8, just purely beating them with physicality.

Sydney lose 8.15 to 13.7.

Essendon lose 7.12 to 13.8

North lose 11.14 to 16.8.

Definitely beatable.

I think North have been playing really strongly, and if they manage to make it into 5-8th spot, I'd like their chances against the tigers, lions, crows, freo, port or essendon. If north can get a 100% shaun higgins back, a fully fit Majak Daw, aaron hall 100%, and have a good run with injury with KPP, I really think they could do damage from outside the top 4.

BTW I actually sense a potential premiership smokey coming along. Geelong are the top team in the competition.

Definitely beatable.

I think North have been playing really strongly, and if they manage to make it into 5-8th spot, I'd like their chances against the tigers, lions, crows, freo, port or essendon. If north can get a 100% shaun higgins back, a fully fit Majak Daw, aaron hall 100%, and have a good run with injury with KPP, I really think they could do damage from outside the top 4.

So in other words you think North Melbourne can win the Premiership ? Interesting.

Just want to get the general opinions on this board to see if the majority think Clarko will take us to the promised land yet again in the 4 years remaining on his contract ?

When I look at our list as a whole I think we are a couple of pieces away. 2019 will likely be the last season for players such as Burgoyne, Roughead, Birchall* ( hasn't played for 2 years anyways) and maybe even Poppy and these players will need to be replaced. I'm hopeful that players such as Smith, Big boy, Stratton and Frawley still have 3 years of pretty good footy left in the. The core of our list now players like Mitchell, Jaeger, Bruest, Gunston, Wingard, Sicily, Hardwick, Scully ( ankle pending) hopefully have 5+ years left.

As an overall I think we have some chance of saluting in the next 4 years, but it will require some internal development from the kids, Worpel, Morrsion, Howe ( Though not really a kid anymore), Lewis, Hanrahan, Moore, Jiath, Glass, Nash etc, + a couple more shrewd trade periods to get us to the pinnacle again.

I think you may have been right and some of the things you said are happening now, improvement and ups and downs but Hawthorn is in the try out period 2019 , you can see it through Clarkos coaching and moves, I believe we have a chance of Clarko winning another flag.

This year is not one, unless he really is a magician form another planet!!!

My reason is that I think he wants one more, he built the best precision football team ever, in the history of the game, better than even Brisbane under Leigh.
You can;t win when you can't get the ball. And that was the Hawks. Trained to an absolute!!!

He may need to prove he hadn't just fallen into the right people/players and his perfectly fitting regime of strict military like game plans.
Prove to himself I mean.

With our list and the playing group , we have every chance to do it, but I would consider a shot in a GF would prove Clarkos genius , but of course we'd rather win it.
Give the Hawks this year to iron out what ever they have to , then they will form up a new way that no one can handle, as has been done in the past!

No on can predict if he will get 5 , but you can guarantee that Hawthorn will give it a run with what we have now developing, and more games under young belts.

Definitely beatable.

Have to say Majak Daw story is great I wish the young man good health and success back on the ground! Hope he is well.

Have to say Majak Daw story is great I wish the young man good health and success back on the ground! Hope he is well.
Really really hope he can make a full recovery. Great player before he got injured. Hopefully we can talk about his success story in the future when talking about the battle with mental health.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarkson: The next wave

Hawthorn Coach Alastair Clarkson says the phase the club is currently going through is a familiar one.

Clarkson said exposure and confidence at the level would be the main focus for the Hawks' nucleus of youth.

"We've been through, in my time here, over the 15 years, two waves, of which we've risen to the top of the mountain both those times – one in 2008, and then the era from '13 to '15," Clarkson said on Friday night.

"Without a doubt we're in that transition again; to find our next wave of success for our footy club. When's that going to be? I'm not too sure.

"But in 2010, when we were debuting kids like Isaac Smith and Luke Breust and Ben Stratton and Ryan Schoenmakers and Paul Puopolo and these sorts of lads, there were a lot of scribes out there saying they're too skinny and not consistent enough.

"That's just the way of the world until they get exposure to the level enough that they build their confidence to make a contribution on a consistent basis – and that just takes some time."

"I reckon our Hawks supporters would be seeing that there are some kids there who might emerge into good players for us in the next few years," he said.

"If they go on to be really good players, then we'll give ourselves a chance to win some silverware again in the not-too-distant future."

There you have it. The premiership clock is now waves.

Thers also a mini wave in between each seven year peak. Or maybe its more like a tidal graph, and the waves are monetum

Clarkson: The next wave

Hawthorn Coach Alastair Clarkson says the phase the club is currently going through is a familiar one.

Clarkson said exposure and confidence at the level would be the main focus for the Hawks' nucleus of youth.

"We've been through, in my time here, over the 15 years, two waves, of which we've risen to the top of the mountain both those times – one in 2008, and then the era from '13 to '15," Clarkson said on Friday night.

"Without a doubt we're in that transition again; to find our next wave of success for our footy club. When's that going to be? I'm not too sure.

"But in 2010, when we were debuting kids like Isaac Smith and Luke Breust and Ben Stratton and Ryan Schoenmakers and Paul Puopolo and these sorts of lads, there were a lot of scribes out there saying they're too skinny and not consistent enough.

"That's just the way of the world until they get exposure to the level enough that they build their confidence to make a contribution on a consistent basis – and that just takes some time."

"I reckon our Hawks supporters would be seeing that there are some kids there who might emerge into good players for us in the next few years," he said.

"If they go on to be really good players, then we'll give ourselves a chance to win some silverware again in the not-too-distant future."

Pure clarko bingo

Pure clarko bingo
A true follower that knows what it takes, and I don't mean supporters who have done it, I mean supporters who see the reality of time and development and finding talent, they will have seen already what is happening at Hawthorn and all other AFL clubs .
It is a pathway that has been crossed before, but new feet are walking it now, and I get very very angry when our fans give our kids who are learning,
a mouthful because they lose , any one with any footy nous knows it does not just happen.
It has to be earned and elite sportspeople work like dogs to get to it, some who don't have the mind set don't become consistent, and fail, others breakthrough the barrier and make themselves consistent, it all takes time.
Once more I'll say this to those who watch but don't really know, the fact is playing at this level whether a regular in the firsts, or in and out of or even permanent in Box Hill or any other clubs second tier , is a once in a lifetime thing. And, it is so bloody hard!!!!!!!!

But one indulgence from smart alec member /supporter, this = WE GOT CLARKO ! So tough luck to all others , ha ha ha ha ha !!!

Really really hope he can make a full recovery. Great player before he got injured. Hopefully we can talk about his success story in the future when talking about the battle with mental health.
Great player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back