Will Clarkson add a 5th Premiership by the end of 2022 ?

Will Clarskon win another Premiership by 2022

• Yes

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arizona DiamondBacks
Next year we will have a fixture of a bottom six team playing the top teams less.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Next year we will have a fixture of a bottom six team playing the top teams less.

I'm not so sure we'll finish bottom 6 now and what's funny about this season is our record is arguably better vs top 8 than bottom 10 haha.

I'm not so sure we'll finish bottom 6 now and what's funny about this season is our record is arguably better vs top 8 than bottom 10 haha.
Ladder vs teams placed 1-9th

Ladder vs teams placed 10-18th

If we are able to grab Cogs + Patton, effectively for free; &, we use a Top 10 Pick on a Mid & our 2nd on Finn Maginness, we should win the Flag in 2020 - assuming we have a fit list for the majority of the season & especially if we do finish Bottom 6 & get the arm-chair ride that should be associated with such.

If we’re also able to grab a KPD from somewhere - say Sam Day as a FA or Fogarty/Himmelberg from Adelaide - 2020 is done.

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
If we are able to grab Cogs + Patton, effectively for free; &, we use a Top 10 Pick on a Mid & our 2nd on Finn Maginness, we should win the Flag in 2020 - assuming we have a fit list for the majority of the season & especially if we do finish Bottom 6 & get the arm-chair ride that should be associated with such.

If we’re also able to grab a KPD from somewhere - say Sam Day as a FA or Fogarty/Himmelberg from Adelaide - 2020 is done.
First round pick and Maginness will have virtually no impact in 2020 unless we're extremely lucky.

So what you're saying in that first para is that Current list + cogs + patton = premiership.

Btw - liked the look of Sam Day. I hope we get him.

First round pick and Maginness will have virtually no impact in 2020 unless we're extremely lucky.

So what you're saying in that first para is that Current list + cogs + patton = premiership.

Btw - liked the look of Sam Day. I hope we get him.
Yeh, pretty much.

I actually reckon that 2x New young kids will have a positive affect around the club, but probs immeasurable & probs not on field too much.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
No grabbing Cogs is a blow to this, but I still feel we need to salute in the next 3 seasons or we're looking at some sort of lengthy drought. By the end of 2022 Frawley and Big Boy, Stratton, Smith ( even if he stays now) will be gone, Gunston and Bruest will be 30+ and best footy behind em, we'll also have Mitchell, Jaeger and Wingard nearing 30.

Aug 11, 2013
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona
No grabbing Cogs is a blow to this, but I still feel we need to salute in the next 3 seasons or we're looking at some sort of lengthy drought. By the end of 2022 Frawley and Big Boy, Stratton, Smith ( even if he stays now) will be gone, Gunston and Bruest will be 30+ and best footy behind em, we'll also have Mitchell, Jaeger and Wingard nearing 30.
And maybe find gems in draft picks 30 to 60.😉

May 24, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Might just get back Burgoyne to help us again, no doubt he'd still be playing

To address the question posed by the OP, Gil asked me to post this:

Normally, I would have told him to shove his request right up his clacker, but he offered me a representation payment of $4mill over the next 3 years, sooo... go AFL!!

Wait, I don't think I was supposed to mention Gil's name. Please don't read that bit. In any case, he'd like me to assure everyone he had no involvement in this post at all.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Not if this is true. Sounds like a load of rubbish. Must be a bad news day.

True. I can confirm.

(Intentionally used this font for maximum troll)

EDIT: Went back and had to change font after reading the article. It's based off Perth radio call-ins and a single tweet from an unknown account. What an embarrassment. And we wonder why mainstream media is going under.

Last edited:

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
True. I can confirm.

(Intentionally used this font for maximum troll)

EDIT: Went back and had to change font after reading the article. It's based off Perth radio call-ins and a single tweet from an unknown account. What an embarrassment. And we wonder why mainstream media is going under.
The Age .... no credibility at all. And they probably justify this sort of rubbish by saying that it’s the silly season and a lot of rumours flying around so why not.

We all know Clarko has unfinished business!

Not if this is true. Sounds like a load of rubbish. Must be a bad news day.
It's the tried and true method to get clicks. Club xxx getting Clarko

It doesn't matter that he is contracted, it doesn't matter that he turns down big money offers

It doesn't matter if the club in question hasn't even thought about asking him.

All you're doing is supporting the click bait crap by posting this and guaranteeing more of these s**t articles

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

It doesn't matter that he is contracted, it doesn't matter that he turns down big money offers

All you're doing is supporting the click bait crap by posting this and guaranteeing more of these s**t articles
All my footy fan colleagues would love Clarko to coach their club. Extrapolate this by the number of footy fans Australia wide and the clickbait numbers would be pretty huge.

I loved the days when papers reported on the state off affairs in a balanced and unbiased way delving into both sides of stories so people could determine the truth of the matter for themselves. I don't trust anything I read these days and I hate being 'told' by news and social media the way things should be.

Last edited:
All my footy fan colleagues would love Clarko to coach their club. Extrapolate this by the number of footy fans Australia wide and the clickbait numbers would be pretty huge.

I loved the days when papers reported on the state off affairs in a balanced and unbiased way delving into both sides of stories so people could determined the truth of the matter for themselves. I don't trust anything I read these days and I hate being 'told' by news and social media the way things should be.
Editorials dressed up as news reports

Paid adverts dressed up as editorials

My favourite is probably the fact that they do that reporting on both sides for things like is the earth flat......

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

Medias death rattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back