Will Collingwood Make The 8 In 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

They will get thrashed next week lock it in

ANZAC day - always a good contest, but if we play like tonight I'll be happy. Bombers will fire up though.
12 day break - chance for Wells, Fasolo and Elliott to come back too (- Moore and Greenwood available probably the week after).

Last edited:
Going to be a very even season again .... 13-14 teams that can make it and no real breakaways this year so the whole top 8 should be very even .
Pies are a chance ... put them in the 7-13 bracket but most likely will middle that and finish 10th .

No they won’t dont have a good enough backline or forward line

Our back line is looking absolutely sublime at the moment. The forward line is still messy and uncoordinated but our defenders have really come together and are playing great footy. Crisp, Scharenberg and Murray have taken us to new levels.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They are capable of making the 8. The football they played tonight is what they are capable of. They have a good list. I would like to see what a decent coach could do with that list.

Our back line is looking absolutely sublime at the moment. The forward line is still messy and uncoordinated but our defenders have really come together and are playing great footy. Crisp, Scharenberg and Murray have taken us to new levels.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t think either will be consistent enough to win 12/13 games to make finals I think you will get big scalps but also lose games you should win etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the start of the season had them as outside chances of making the 8, but with Melbourne, Hawthorn, Dogs and Saints being the more likely teams to be jumping into the 8 (probably in that order). Based on what we've seen so far, should take Saints out and slot pies into that group. Clarko made the call in his presser after round 1 that he thought Pies would go ok this year, and I hear he knows a bit about footy.

Their main problem is that are probably something like 8 sides fighting for 3 spots at the bottom of the 8, so injuries, draw and a bit of luck will have a big impact on who plays finals this year. Sounds like pies have a decent draw the way things are shaping, so see no reason why they can't make finals. They've already had injury issues and still performed ok, and from memory most of the quality players on their injury list are thought to be returning sooner rather than later. Adelaide is weakened at the moment too, but ask Richmond how easy it is to beat an injury ravaged Adelaide over in SA.

Come on Stevi, you come on our board singing our praises most weeks. You think we are awesome ;)
I just really like sideass like followed him in under 18’s etc so like to see him do well

Make the 8.... dunno. We might. But if we don’t we’ll still be a wrecking ball like last year a la Melbourne.
We have definitely improved however and no one will enjoy playing us.

They will win the flag if they play like tonight. But they won’t. Top 8 is open to about 14 different sides at present, so yeah.

Of course we are a chance now. Of course our consistency will be a factor. Can we make it, yes. If we win one of next two then we are a shot.

Yep, I think they will. Put them in my 8 pre season as well. They’ve been great last two weeks. I don’t know how much we can take from it yet but, beat Carlton, and clearly a tactical blunder tonight playing all those talls in the wet plus they looked lazy and beaten up tonight Adelaide

If you win enough games your in. FFs ATM the Cats look unlikely, The Bombers look unlikely. There's no guarantee. * GWS will have to work hard to stay in. Currently, hell yeah the pies can get in and stay in. Bullshit aside, no one can make a logical reason as why they cant. Who at round 4 last year said the tiger's were any good. Actually I just have that feeling by about round 18 or so, the pie hating will be peaking at 11. You all can GAFY.

Moore in for Cox
Adams in for Brown
Wells in for Phillips
Elliott in for Crocker
Plus Fasolo in reserve.
Not our best side in tonight, so a good level of depth is available too.

Hard to tell with the pies, depends on f we’ve managed to close the gap between our best and our worst. Over the past year or two we’ve knocked off a surprising amount of top 4 and finals bound sides only to then lose to bottom feeders the week after. If our consistency has improved then we’re in with a shot. Will be very telling how we perform next week against a middling Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back