Will Collingwood Make The 8 In 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the game and went to bed thinking jeeze Adelaide we’re bad. Woke up realizing they were bad because Collingwood were so good. Their pressure was as good as I’ve seen since, say, September last year.

If they can sustain that, or even close to it, they’ll play finals. That’s a big if though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How big were ifs on the tigers in April 2017. The same reason the tigers didn't send Hardwick to scrapheap is the same reason the Pies kept Buckley. The core of the team is the same, however years of the same message will eventually get through. Depth is the answer, funny how almost all other teams are afforded the injury card and the pies on the other hand are whipped. All I'm saying is, if the pies are running with a 90% health list come September, its on. Could one of the great finals series if 3/4 Victorian giants are there and in the hunt.

Collingwood are more than capable of consistently playing like they did on the weekend. But we will never see them do it under Buckley. He is absolutely useless as a coach. At best Collingwood can turn up every second or third week and show us what they are capable of, but then play like sh*t the next week. They don't play like a team that respects their coach, and to be honest, I can't blame them.
what was our biggest losing margin last year?
fairly ignorant post from you.
if there is one positive thing about the Pies, its that they do play for the coach.
skills etc is another thing.

what was our biggest losing margin last year?
fairly ignorant post from you.
if there is one positive thing about the Pies, its that they do play for the coach.
skills etc is another thing.

Margin has nothing to do with it. The pies looked disinterested at times last year - especially when games were within reach to win. I will admit I am perhaps guilty of overrating Collingwood's list - as I think they have a top 6 list. Buckley's success will ultimately be measured on results, and not scoreline margins. The teams willingness to play for their coach will be measured by digging in when it really counts, and last year there were times they didn't dig in. I rate the Pies, I just don't think Buckley knows what he is doing. The Dees are in a similar place with Goodwin.

Would be an upset if Collingwood don’t account for Essendon. Unfortunately my team is behind where I thought they’d be.

As an Essendon supporter I had been hopeful yet quietly confident of a top 6 finish. It’s clear now that even 10th might be beyond us. Looking at the draw, about 9 wins is the best we could do.

Collingwood though should win at least 14, they should be aiming for top 6.

As an Essendon supporter I had been hopeful yet quietly confident of a top 6 finish. It’s clear now that even 10th might be beyond us. Looking at the draw, about 9 wins is the best we could do.

Collingwood though should win at least 14, they should be aiming for top 6.

Bit knee jerk after one game.

going okay. a lot more enjoyable to watch regardless, but we epitomise 1 week at a time. cant afford to go thinking about finals anytime soon. just focus on playing consistently. beat who we should and have a good showing against the teams were behind and hope for the best.

got to say I am loving our season so far though. go pies

Still a bit early to say. They lost to Hawthorn and GWS, and beat Carlton and a very lacklustre Adelaide, who have shown inconsistency the past few years. Quite impressive today, but today's loss says as much about Essendon's weaknesses. I think Sunday will be a big test, but I think Richmond will dampen their ambitions for 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a bit early to say. They lost to Hawthorn and GWS, and beat Carlton and a very lacklustre Adelaide, who have shown inconsistency the past few years. Quite impressive today, but today's loss says as much about Essendon's weaknesses. I think Sunday will be a big test, but I think Richmond will dampen their ambitions for 2018.

Our losses haven't been that bad. Both games were winnable at one stage or another particularly the GWS game.

Good signs so far. Top 8 looks promising this year.

Our losses haven't been that bad. Both games were winnable at one stage or another particularly the GWS game.

Good signs so far. Top 8 looks promising this year.

Definitely. I think it's more likely than not they do. I can see them as high as 5 at this stage. Not making the 8 will be a bonafide failure for Bucks and the Pies.

Wow this is a glass half empty approach. Zero credit to the way Pies are playing or...?

By that logic i assume your not sold on the eaglets this season than either?

No they will fall tantalising short. Eddie will step down and take up a career in lecturing on the benefits of performance enhancing supplements. Buckley will finally realise his true potential having an epiphany that he is better suited to operating the milk run around Keilor Park and Tullamarine where he will excel.

As long as Buckley doesn't get sucked into bringing Faz and Elliot back into the side as soon as they are fit, I think they are a great chance. Forward line looks very even right now, no there isn't a go-to forward who can kick 50+ but if Stephenson, WHE, Thomas, Cox, Reid all kick 25 that's just as good. Elliot needs to earn his spot from the likes of Brown and Thomas by applying some F50 pressure, it took Dean Kent an entire season to break back into the side over Hannan who was applying better pressure, for the Pies sake I hope that Elliot can break into the side a around midyear because they will need a bit more firepower to consolidate a top 8 spot.

Moore coming back should help them out down back too and Adams gives some extra grunt in the guts. Very promising start for the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back