Will Dangerfield appeal his 2 weeks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

harrythetiger

Summited Everest 30/9/17
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
There was absolutely no similarity between the incidents. Both decisions were fair.
What’s got me riled up is Hocking mentioning ‘potential to cause injury’ over Dusty despite that literally never coming up.
De Boer was doubling over from the first hit, Dangerfield isn’t looking at him and throws another elbow, barely missing his head. If we combine ‘potential to cause injury’ and ‘the head is sacrosanct’ that should be weeks.

Sttew

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Dermott Brereton should be sacked for a start! This was clearly seen as De Boer being a complete dick and the MRO did the right thing for a change. The Umpire was close by, no free kick paid, no remonstrations from teammates. I actually think the 2k fine is a croc!
Better still, whenever Brereton is commentating on a Geelong game Foxtel should put a Bias meter in the bottom right corner of the screen so we can temper whatever he says

Isaac Cumming No 1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
GWS
What’s got me riled up is Hocking mentioning ‘potential to cause injury’ over Dusty despite that literally never coming up.
De Boer was doubling over from the first hit, Dangerfield isn’t looking at him and throws another elbow, barely missing his head. If we combine ‘potential to cause injury’ and ‘the head is sacrosanct’ that should be weeks.
At the end if the day Dusty's elbow was downgraded to 1 week because of Kennedy's tesimony he felt no pain from the impact. It hinged on the strength of the impact.

There really Is no comparison. Iactualkythiught Dangerfield get off in the initial contact. De Bier was holding him moments before. I thiught hemightbefined fir the second.

In the end it was the reversed but I cant see a suspension in it.

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Already, the MRO/media is replacing facts.

I don't mind if Dangerfield plays (it's honestly not going to change the result) - but to say he did NOT make contact with the second swing is patently false.

harrythetiger

Summited Everest 30/9/17
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Already, the MRO/media is replacing facts.

I don't mind if Dangerfield plays (it's honestly not going to change the result) - but to say he did NOT make contact with the second swing is patently false.
Righto glancing his head, same point, didn’t do any damage but had potential so should’ve got weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nut

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Thread starter #40
So many posters are taking it so personal that Danger wasn't suspended. WTF is the world coming to?
IDGAF that Dangerfield didn’t get weeks. But the rules are the rules.... that’s the F.....ing point.
The AFL inconsistencies are ruining the game.

nut

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Thread starter #41
At the end if the day Dusty's elbow was downgraded to 1 week because of Kennedy's tesimony he felt no pain from the impact. It hinged on the strength of the impact.

There really Is no comparison. Iactualkythiught Dangerfield get off in the initial contact. De Bier was holding him moments before. I thiught hemightbefined fir the second.

In the end it was the reversed but I cant see a suspension in it.
It hinged on the “potential to cause injury” ... it was deemed low impact so where the f#^^k is the potential to cause serious injury with “low impact” ?????????

Hodge1

Senior List
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So many posters are taking it so personal that Danger wasn't suspended. WTF is the world coming to?
Just remember that BigFooty doesn't resemble the real world.
There's plenty of rational people fed up that this nonsense was even brought to light.
There's only a handful of elite players left in this game, no idea why people want them out for crap like that.

Back One Out

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GAGF
Dermott Brereton should be sacked for a start! This was clearly seen as De Boer being a complete dick and the MRO did the right thing for a change. The Umpire was close by, no free kick paid, no remonstrations from teammates. I actually think the 2k fine is a croc!
Brereton said Danger could be in trouble for an off-the-ball altercation with de Boer

He was right, wasn't he?

1st punch:
Patrick Dangerfield has been charged with Striking Matt de Boer.
The incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and Body Contact.
In summary he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

2nd punch:
Contact between Patrick Dangerfield and Matt De Boer was assessed. Dangerfield is being held. He swings his arm back in the direction of De Boer to break the hold. De Boer is bent over from an earlier strike and minimal contact appears to be made by Dangerfield. It was the view of the MRO that the force was insufficient to constitute a charge. No further action was taken.

Brereton's job as commentator is to let us viewers know what happens during the game. In particular, the things which we can't see and which occur outside the field of view of the cameras. I'd say he did his job well. Better than those unprofessional arsewipes who see something untoward but choose not to say anything because they wish to stay matey with the players or the club in question.

LOL @ Geelong flogs who think Brereton was trying to do his old club a favour and get Danger suspended. Really? :rolleyes:

gingernuts

Senior List
AFL Club
Geelong
Brereton said Danger could be in trouble for an off-the-ball altercation with de Boer

He was right, wasn't he?

1st punch:
Patrick Dangerfield has been charged with Striking Matt de Boer.
The incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and Body Contact.
In summary he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

2nd punch:
Contact between Patrick Dangerfield and Matt De Boer was assessed. Dangerfield is being held. He swings his arm back in the direction of De Boer to break the hold. De Boer is bent over from an earlier strike and minimal contact appears to be made by Dangerfield. It was the view of the MRO that the force was insufficient to constitute a charge. No further action was taken.

Brereton's job as commentator is to let us viewers know what happens during the game. In particular, the things which we can't see and which occur outside the field of view of the cameras. I'd say he did his job well. Better than those unprofessional arsewipes who see something untoward but choose not to say anything because they wish to stay matey with the players or the club in question.

LOL @ Geelong flogs who think Brereton was trying to do his old club a favour and get Danger suspended. Really? :rolleyes:
Brereton a commentator? I think not.end of day Dangerfield will be there Monday so move on.

#rentfree in Cats and Magpie supporters heads.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Traralgon Tyers United
I’m sure he’ll be able to get it down to 1 week like Dusty did.
No mate, it was assessed on the MRP matrix. It’s all legit.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Top Bottom