Prediction Will Doedee play an AFL game this season?

Will Doedee make his AFL debut this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheney is a far superior player to Doedee, and should come straight back in for Kelly when fit. Cheney was in the top few intercept players in the AFL last year.
Sorry I disagree, Cheney is an average footballer that plays his role, Doedee will race past him once he gets up to full fitness and match touch, offers so much more in talent, development and athleticism.

Sorry I disagree, Cheney is an average footballer that plays his role, Doedee will race past him once he gets up to full fitness and match touch, offers so much more in talent, development and athleticism.
Another thing Cheney does very well is his disposal, always feel safe with the ball in his hands. Cheney isn't an average footballer, average footballers don't have seasons like he did last year.

He's average.
Depth player at Hawthorn.

He plays his role extraordinarily well. Decent intercept mark, excellent disposal, good one-on-one (especially against medium targets), rarely beaten. He's streets ahead of Kelly and best 22 for us.

He's average.
Depth player at Hawthorn.
He was a depth player there because they marked him as the Brian Lake backup, and what was it, so he'd get matched up on blokes like Hawkins and Pavlich and get smashed. Also the fact they had guys like Shaun Burgoyne, Josh Gibson, Grant Birchall and Brent Guerra ahead of him.

He was a depth player there because they marked him as the Brian Lake backup, and what was it, so he'd get matched up on blokes like Hawkins and Pavlich and get smashed. Also the fact they had guys like Shaun Burgoyne, Josh Gibson, Grant Birchall and Brent Guerra ahead of him.
None of which makes him any better than an average, solid footballer that plays his role.

I hope to see him this year, he is performing well and it's exciting to see our top picks get selected. But we are top, it's hard to bring in a lot of nre players when you're top, but good news our depth is solid.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How is it a massive fail when due to injuries he's hardly ever got a decent a decent block of games to both get up to match touch or match fitness?? On top of that he's had "managed" pre-seasons both years and many seem to forget he was drafted with the knowledge there was still plenty of development to come after having only solely concentrated on his footy in his last year in the TAC Cup Competition. Up to then his main focus was his basketball playing the odd game of school footy where he was showing plenty as a forward, enough that the Geelong Falcons were monitoring him for the previous 2 seasons and Falcons Talent Manager Michael Turner was continually in his ear to come out and train with them. Eventually he did and the rest is history, first making the Falcons starting 22 as a defender which led to him making the best 22 for Vic Country at the U18 Championships and shining out again as a defender of considerable promise. It was always going to be the long game with Tom.

It's only a fail if players picked after him become superstars

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's only a fail if players picked after him become superstars

Marty that is absolute bunkum and you know it.

The only thing that matters is if he plays good football for us commensurate with his draft position, if not it's a fail by the measure of what he does deliver.

Another thing Cheney does very well is his disposal, always feel safe with the ball in his hands. Cheney isn't an average footballer, average footballers don't have seasons like he did last year.
I presume after such an amazing season he finished high up in the B & F voting?

Marty that is absolute bunkum and you know it.

The only thing that matters is if he plays good football for us commensurate with his draft position, if not it's a fail by the measure of what he does deliver.

True I'll even admit that I just wanted burton

If he plays 150 plus games for the AFC he qualifies for that although a lot will disagree with our mate Mackay doing that

Find the post, show the world how clever you were

Wouldn't have mattered if they would good or bad I would have wanted them, this year there is Papatoulis and Buchanan who I want to get a chance from PHOS and any south Adelaide lad as I played there and a couple of other clubs

And it's two years ago as if I'm going to look back that far

How is it a massive fail when due to injuries he's hardly ever got a decent a decent block of games to both get up to match touch or match fitness?? On top of that he's had "managed" pre-seasons both years and many seem to forget he was drafted with the knowledge there was still plenty of development to come after having only solely concentrated on his footy in his last year in the TAC Cup Competition. Up to then his main focus was his basketball playing the odd game of school footy where he was showing plenty as a forward, enough that the Geelong Falcons were monitoring him for the previous 2 seasons and Falcons Talent Manager Michael Turner was continually in his ear to come out and train with them. Eventually he did and the rest is history, first making the Falcons starting 22 as a defender which led to him making the best 22 for Vic Country at the U18 Championships and shining out again as a defender of considerable promise. It was always going to be the long game with Tom.

Not your typical profile for a player drafted with such a high pick.

Ballsy move which I shook my head at when it happened, but Ive seen enough to think he will make it once he gets his body right.
Hoping sooner rather than later.

Back