Opinion Brian Cook - Carlton's rebuild still has a fair way to go

Which club is more likely to win another flag first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif
You said Collingwood DON'T have a 1st round draft pick.

If you still think you are right, I have a question for you.

What round pick was Nick Daicos?

Nah, I just wanted to be clear

Okay, so we can both enjoy this, from next year's GF to the first game the following year

We win 8 games or more, change your avatar to a Carlton jumper

We win 7 games or less I will change my avatar
No avatar. I made the bet. You’ve seen the terms. More wins or percentage and I spend the summer talking cricket. That’s it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not willing to also go with the percentage component of the bet, and also not willing to commit to exactly what you will change your avatar to?

Some would call that cowardice.
Calls people out but dodges when called out. It’s why I jumped in. I’m not a fan of bullies or smart mouth people

Never had, we damn well do have now though.

You said we DON"T have one, well guess what? pick 4 is one and we have pick 4.
OK mate you clearly don't know what I'm talking about, learn a bit about the bidding system and how Collingwood were able to draft Daicos with pick 4. I won't talk to you anymore on that issue.

Yeah, obviously we are miles off from Carlton's 8 consecutive seasons of 8 wins or less.

That is what happens when you try rebuilding without a strong stable senior coach, and don't value strong senior leadership amongst the playing list.

This Carlton list just finished the season 1-4 including losses to North and Gold Coast. Still a bog standard list that relies too heavily on too few.

Exactly what happens when you recruit a bunch of flankers, and have plenty of first round picks not come on.

Missed that word either, that wasn't complicated though
'Either' whilst being superfluous to the statement, ensured there was no doubt as to the proposed terms of the bet :astonished:
Ok then. How is this? I bet you go backward this year. Not because you are a crud team but because learning a new game plan will take more than a year. Gotta crawl before you walk.
So what do you say... either less wins or worse percentage mean no you for the summer. You do both no me for the summer
To paraphrase, If Carlton have less than 8 wins OR a worse percentage than 2021, you make yourself scarce for the summer.

If Carlton have 8 or more wins AND a better percentage than 2021 (i.e. 'You do both'), he disappears for the summer.

Hope that makes sense. I can't make it any simpler.

Last edited:
OK mate you clearly don't know what I'm talking about, learn a bit about the bidding system and how Collingwood were able to draft Daicos with pick 4. I won't talk to you anymore on that issue.
Run and hide now mate.

You said DON'T have one, it doesn't matter how we got the pick, Collingwood DO have one.

If you had of said before the draft, you would have been right, but you didn't, you saw your mistake and tried to change what you said.

Then when you knew you made a fool of yourself, you reverted to insults.

It makes no difference how Collingwood got Daicos, he went at pick 4, meaning, Collingwood HAVE pick 4, which is, wait for it, a 1st round pick.

Run and hide now mate.

You said DON'T have one, it doesn't matter how we got the pick, Collingwood DO have one.

If you had of said before the draft, you would have been right, but you didn't, you saw your mistake and tried to change what you said.

Then when you knew you made a fool of yourself, you reverted to insults.

It makes no difference how Collingwood got Daicos, he went at pick 4, meaning, Collingwood HAVE pick 4, which is, wait for it, a 1st round pick.
I said Collingwood never got a first round pick for finishing 2nd last, prove me wrong mate.

Back