Will Essendon make the 8 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Will Essendon make the 8?

We all saw how they came good last year. Will they do it again?

Discuss

I don't think so they're way too inconsistent to play finals. Last night was a good win but still gave up a lot of goals to a struggling team.

They played well after the 2nd quarter dees onslaught. Must mean something to turn the tide.

I think they will be hard to beat and will get there.

Interesting that opposition supporters seem more confident in us than we are of ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too early to tell. We'll know better in a few weeks whether today was a turning point or just a momentary upswing in a crap year.

They've really only lost one game they'd have been expected to win. Away against GWS they were going in underdogs even without the poor JLT. Melbourne would probably have been seen as a 50/50 given the top 4 expectations of both teams at the start of the year, so if you look only at win/loss and ignore the way they lost in the first two rounds they are not too far from where you'd have guessed they would be after 3 rounds in.

Unfortunately I think they can still make finals. Have great ball movement when things are flowing their way, and still have decent players to bring back into the side. Playing group will get some confidence back after last night's win too. Only caveat is how s**t Melbourne have been so far, so will need to pass some more stringent tests before you could say they've turned the corner.

They'll roll the Lions next week I reckon. Brizzy have been bloody good, but I think the Dons will come out firing.

Should get the chocolates.

Impossible to tell
We are where i, by and large, expected us to be.
Had us going L-W-L rather than L-L-W.

Still no Daniher and Hooker.
Team we've beaten is 0-3, but you could argue they've lost to highly rated opposition.

still think its a long shot.
would want to win 5 of the next 6. Cats, Tigers and Swans at the SCG would be scalps i'd want to see to banish the demons of JLT and Rd's 1&2

But for now, lets just try beat brisbane first.

Doubtful I think.....No doubt they’re an exciting team to watch when going, like last night, but to get to 13 wins for finals they will need to find other ways to win. And atm the jury is out on that!

Next week is an important game. If they win against the Lions they will be 2-4 and well on their way with players to come back in. If they don't then they are back to where they started.

Essendon do have some good youth in that 18-23 years of age bracket. However their biggest issue is they don’t have any elite players in their prime who are around 26-29 years old and that’s why they’ve been a middle of the road team for a while.

Next week is an important game. If they win against the Lions they will be 2-4 and well on their way with players to come back in. If they don't then they are back to where they started.
2-2
And should (so probably won't) beat north to go into a run of tough games 3-2.
Cats, Swans and Tigers are a tough run going into the bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back