Will Essendon win the Flag ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Edwards yes. His 3 goals were counted in the 5 I mentioned. Will give you 1 for Martin. Cotchin's goals were from the midfield. So your forwards kicked 6-7 goals for the game.

I'd hate to see how well they go when our defense isn't so pedestrian. :eek:

Well if you are going to argue this point, I will say that your notion of defence is antiquated. Sure there are guys that line up in the back half and whose primary responsibility is to cover their man. What I mean by defence (and this goes by most people who understand the game) is the ability to shut down a teams scoring opportunities. This means anyone and not just forwards. So by my definition your defence in the second half of the game was pedestrian. In the same period our defence was superior despite us missing our best back man. The scoreboard in the second half backs up what I am saying and most neutral observers are of the same belief as shown by those other than biassed Essendon posters on this thread.

Our back line isn't heralded. It is young undersized and developing. It will develop further when we have a good tall (196cm+) back added. You guys got all the centre breaks in the first half so there was undue pressure on our backs.

When our gun midfield got on top of your two very good players (Watson, Stanton), your back line was made to look very pedestrian and that was even before your best player down there (Fletcher) got injured.

Well if you are going to argue this point, I will say that your notion of defence is antiquated. Sure there are guys that line up in the back half and whose primary responsibility is to cover their man. What I mean by defence (and this goes by most people who understand the game) is the ability to shut down a teams scoring opportunities. This means anyone and not just forwards. So by my definition your defence in the second half of the game was pedestrian.

Your words - "Your back line looked pedestrian". Shane Warne would be proud of the amount of spin you are putting on this.

Bombers have certainly been given a soft run but this will be tested in the second half of the season. Will be interesting to see how they respond when the heat us really on. Hopefully badly......coming from a hawk supporter:D

Bombers have certainly been given a soft run but this will be tested in the second half of the season. Will be interesting to see how they respond when the heat us really on. Hopefully badly......coming from a hawk supporter:D

I wouldn't call it a soft run, we have played 3 sides that are expected to finish top 4, 2 middle of the run sides and 3 easy beats. I would say that's an average draw tbh.

I wouldn't call it a soft run, we have played 3 sides that are expected to finish top 4, 2 middle of the run sides and 3 easy beats. I would say that's an average draw tbh.

They are a great team to watch at the minute. Supremely fit and everyone plays their role. The gap between their top and bottom 6 is the narrowest in the competition.

It's such a pity their supporters are silly people.

They are a great team to watch at the minute. Supremely fit and everyone plays their role. The gap between their top and bottom 6 is the narrowest in the competition.

It's such a pity their supporters are silly people.

Yeah:rolleyes: and if u go over to the tigers board they shouldn't have lost a game yet and ever game something just gone wrong:eek:. I guess they should just be happy with their brave 3-5 start for the year normally finals are already out of the question but the next 2 weeks should sort that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we beat Sydney in a couple of weeks it will make it 3 wins and a loss against top 4 aspirants for this season. With the loss being by a point.

Certainly not world beaters at the moment but we've scraped through with wins after performing below our best and taken the luck that's come our way.

Still have a lot of improvement left and with a likely 9-1 start top 4 and hence a prelim final becomes a real possibility.

Still have a long way to go and need a lot of luck if we are to win the flag this year as we're clearly not the best side in the league.

If we beat Sydney in a couple of weeks it will make it 3 wins and a loss against top 4 aspirants for this season. With the loss being by a point.

as much as folks around here pooh-pooh preseason form, it's worth noting we beat a full-strength Sydney outfit in the final hit-out of the NAB cup, with both sides going flat out. I thought it was noteworthy then, and it's become more so in my mind as Sydney have shown their chops

Regardless of what happens with WCE and Adel these next two weeks our two next "percentage booster" games will put us on top of the ladder.

any team that loses to the worst side in the comp is not winning the flag, doesn't matter how poor you played and Essendon's weakness was highlighted when Crameri is stopped, Hurley is a quite frankly an average player.

Pears is not big enough and Fletcher is old and slow.

Bad luck Essendon as I tipped you would start losing soon but didn't expect it to start against Melbourne.

I wonder which alias this Bundy is.

Fletcher slow?

Well we know you know nothing about football but unfortunately that doesn't narrow it down at all....

I wonder which alias this Bundy is.

Fletcher slow?

Well we know you know nothing about football but unfortunately that doesn't narrow it down at all....

who the hell is this prick Fletcher slow :confused:

haha it highlights how paranoid and stupid you flogs literally are to believe I use multiple accounts on a footy forum.

Essendon supporters have hanged sh*t on Geelong since last year and even this year after our narrow losses you idiots have given it to us.
Now you are seeing your team slow down and begin to loose and it's payback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back