Will Fremantle make the 8?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn showed yesterday they’ve still got that ability to come back from a deficit and get the win. I can’t see a team with Roughead, McEvoy, Breust, Gunston, Stratton to lose control of too many close ones and cough up a win.
Time will tell. Your point is certainly valid, and you may well be proven right. I just think that all the teams you've listed abovd Hawthorn are locks, while Freo is looking good.

Who knows, the Crows might start making a surge as well. This has been such a tight season so far.

Time will tell. Your point is certainly valid, and you may well be proven right. I just think that all the teams you've listed abovd Hawthorn are locks, while Freo is looking good.

Who knows, the Crows might start making a surge as well. This has been such a tight season so far.
The Crows are the one I left off but that could be an error.

Freo v Crows in Adelaide and Freo v Richmond at Optus are good tests.

Win both and the top 4 is suddenly on the table, lose both and finals are looking shaky.

If we halve them, it will just typify the season so far and we will all stay in the dark.

I'm not convinced by Freo. Obviously a decent side, might play finals but no midfield depth.

Forward line has come together well though, good balance and looks dangerous.

We absolutely can make the finals. Walters for me is the barometer of our side, when he’s firing and sparkling, we tend to do really well.

Hopefully he keeps the good form up

We have depth now across the park. Blakeley and Hill to come into the best 22 in the midfield means a coupla mids having a good season thus far get dropped. Sandi is depth in the ruck.

Looking at their remaining fixture its still 50/50 IMO

They are much better at home but the GWS win away was very important (however it was in Canberra not at Giants stadium)

Games at Optus remaining:

Richmond (W)
Brisbane (W)
Port Adelaide
Carlton (W)
West Coast
Sydney (W)
Geelong
Essendon

Thats a tough home fixture - I can see them winning 4, the other 4 won't be easy.

Away fixture:

Adelaide
Essendon
Collingwood
Melbourne (W)
Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Port Adelaide

I can see them winning 1 of those, with possible wins against Hawks, Dogs & Saints

They need 9 more wins from those remaining games, their % is about right to help them over other teams.

Will be close and but may just fall short.

Honestly think it comes down to these next 2 against the crows and tigers

Optimistically ahead of that:

Bombers (A) L
Lions (H) L
Pies (A) L
Port (H) W
Dees (A) W
Blues (H) W
Eagles (H) L
Hawks (A) L
Swans (H) W
Dogs (A) W
Cats (H) L
Saints (A) W
Bombers (H) L
Port (A) L

So, that leaves us 10-10

If we can knock over the crows and tigers that leaves us 12-10 and should sneak in.

Halve them and we're 11-11 and will probably miss out.

Drop them both and I'd rule finals out.

If the backline stays fit (our most important feature imo), and with Blakely to come back in, anything is possible. I feel like the group is playing with a lot of spirit and camaraderie at the moment. At times we look sloppy and make lots of mistakes, but we're a young side that seems to be gelling quite well and if we continue to have hope than I don't see why we can't make finals and have an impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I the way they were going in 2015 they were premiership favourites. There slump downhill in 2016 was such a shock . Yes Fyfe was injured , and pav was slowing down, but still. It would of been so interesting to watch them play the eagles in a grand final. I think it is a different list to the one between the 13-15 era, but the backline is starting to fill the void left by McPharlin and likewise the forward line as well .

I think Sandilands is really finished , and whilst Lobb is doing a good job in the ruck , he will always be a better forward.

If they can get cognilio or Tim Kelly next year , they will be back to their best. I think for now there’s too much pressure on Fyfe , given he gets the tag every game his playing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I the way they were going in 2015 they were premiership favourites. There slump downhill in 2016 was such a shock . Yes Fyfe was injured , and pav was slowing down, but still. It would of been so interesting to watch them play the eagles in a grand final. I think it is a different list to the one between the 13-15 era, but the backline is starting to fill the void left by McPharlin and likewise the forward line as well .

I think Sandilands is really finished , and whilst Lobb is doing a good job in the ruck , he will always be a better forward.

If they can get cognilio or Tim Kelly next year , they will be back to their best. I think for now there’s too much pressure on Fyfe , given he gets the tag every game his playing.

He is not though, and he also is not a better forward than Tabs, Hogan, McCarthy or Cox.

He is not though, and he also is not a better forward than Tabs, Hogan, McCarthy or Cox.

I disagree at gws he was mainly a forward. And he started to peak there at the end of last season when Patton and Cameron were injured. The damage which someone his height could do in the forward line, is pretty strong.

I disagree at gws he was mainly a forward. And he started to peak there at the end of last season when Patton and Cameron were injured. The damage which someone his height could do in the forward line, is pretty strong.

He just doesn't kick an appreciable amount of goals though. Has never torn apart a game in the forward line. His best performances are from his aerial work around the ground with the odd goal.

Not sure any team scoring 30 points in a game should be a finals contender.
Exactly. That was a horrible display of football. I'd rather watch a Dees game, and that's saying something.

And why can't I stand Nat Fyfe anymore? I used to love watching him play, now he pi$$es me off and I can't put my finger on why!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back