Play Nice Will Geelong win the 2016 premiership?

Where do you think the Cats will finish this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically yes. Toby Greene and Devon Smith will say things like 'EMD'! And people will just have to grin and bear it.

In any case - despite your smart alec reply you arent even correct. To 'lord over' does not strictly refer to verbal commands only but also behaviour.

to behave as if you are more important than someone and have a right to tell that person what to do.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/lord-it-over-someone

So if you are going to be a patronising grammar hero at least make sure you know what you are upping yourself about.
Oh sensitive.
Im sure thats what you meant , too, by lording it up. But its good you looked it up, even if after the event.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should have a crack with a core list made up of Selwood, Dangerfield, Bartel, Duncan, Blicavs, Caddy, Vardy, Taylor, Hawkins, Stanley, Henderson, Mitch Clark, Guthrie, Motlop, Menzel, Mackie, Murdoch, Enright, Lonergan, Rivers with up and comers Gregson, Lang, Horlin-Smith, Cockatoo ,Kololdadshnij, Thurlow, Kersten, Bews, Jansen and McCarthy. You want about 26 to 28 players of decent quality for best 22 to get you through a season of minimal injuries. If they get that, maybe Swans and Hawks only clubs list equal or better. The talent is spread so thin nowadays, that if you manage to get only two or three genuine champs like Dangerfield and Selwood you are in the so called premiership window. Getting a few B+ graders around them and you in with a shot. Bulldogs young list is the one that could leapfrog a few of these clubs in coming years if they rapidly develop together.

That was October 10 last year.
Tonight showed Dangerfield and Joel Selwood do not have enough B+ graders around them. Caddy has not risen to that level and Blicavs sits probably at B - level at best. Maybe C graders is where they are at. Also to have 72 inside 50s but never got Vardy or Mitch Clark up and running at end of season was pretty telling. Losing Menzel for this final was also not going to help. Think that could be premiership window closed for a few years unless Nakia Cockatoo turns into some star next season and Mudoch steps it up after injury this year. Bartel and Enright look close to end and Mackie and Lonergan not far behind. Still, was a decent effort to get in contention this year when many people late last year were not even having them in the final 8. Finishing 3rd is reflection of their year. The difference between their best and worst this season was very large. They could beat anyone but also look like chumps against my own team or Collingwood.

As I suggested 11 months back Dogs indeed leapfrogged past a few of these clubs.
We are about to see if it is a Sydney v Giants grand final or Sydney v Bulldogs.

Last edited:
They are the real deal in terms of pure talent. I remember last season when we played GWS in terms of talent on field they were way scarier in terms of how good they are going to be than I felt of the Hawks after they thrashed us at that ground too. Both games were horrible to watch as a Carlton fan but I knew as I watched GWS that day they were only a season or two from being numero uno.

The scary thing to come for some people is they do not realize GWS have not even got out of second gear this year. Devon Smith is an elite talent and virtually non- existent this year in terms of form and injury. Jeremy Cameron missed the first 4 rounds to suspension and also slow to start. When those two hit their straps in second half of season and finals time, I say look out. Patton is still finding his feet in this season after missing a lot of football to injury in previous years. He will be a lot better in 3 months time. Hoskin Ellott and Tomlinson have to wait in NEAFL and young gun Jacob Hopper will be unleashed at some stage too. Tim Mohr will add depth to their backline and Nick Haynes who is a real quality defender only just resumed back from pre-season injury issues. Griffen has to come back too. They have the depth this seasons for a proper premiership campaign.

Four months later I get to see if numero uno is actually this year for them.

No doubt Geelong went into the game thinking about next week, credit to the Swans coming off a 6 day break, they had to jump the Cats early.

Cats are full of cocky flogs.

Last edited:
What's with Geelong supporters going the early crow? I still remember the thread started by a Geelong supporter declaring the flag the night before the 2008 Grand Final.

Why Geelong will win the flag and win it easily, brilliant stuff.

Sydney are cooked and are traveling to play us coming off a 6 day break while we're coming off a week's rest.

Our grand final opponent will either be a cooked Dogs side coming off 3 interstate trips in 5 weeks including 2 trips to Perth, or a Giants side that have never played in front of 100,000 at the MCG and have a 1-10 record at the MCG over their history which is very poor.

I wonder what all those people who shitcanned this thread are thinking right now?

Brilliant

Sydney are cooked and are traveling to play us coming off a 6 day break while we're coming off a week's rest.

Our grand final opponent will either be a cooked Dogs side coming off 3 interstate trips in 5 weeks including 2 trips to Perth, or a Giants side that have never played in front of 100,000 at the MCG and have a 1-10 record at the MCG over their history which is very poor.

I wonder what all those people who shitcanned this thread are thinking right now?
Creates an alias, starts a thread about his own side, carries the torch, then burns himself with it.

Nice.

That was October 10 last year.
Tonight showed Dangerfield and Joel Selwood do not have enough B+ graders around them. Caddy has not risen to that level and Blicavs sits probably at B - level at best. Maybe C graders is where they are at. Also to have 72 inside 50s but never got Vardy or Mitch Clark up and running at end of season was pretty telling. Losing Menzel for this final was also not going to help. Think that could be premiership window closed for a few years unless Nakia Cockatoo turns into some star next season and Mudoch steps it up after injury this year. Bartel and Enright look close to end and Mackie and Lonergan not far behind. Still, was a decent effort to get in contention this year when many people late last year were not even having them in the final 8. Finishing 3rd is reflection of their year. The difference between their best and worst this season was very large. They could beat anyone but also look like chumps against my own team or Collingwood.

As I suggested 11 months back Dogs indeed leapfrogged past a few of these clubs.
We are about to see if it is a Sydney v Giants grand final or Sydney v Bulldogs.

Don't forget they got a leg up by playing Essendon and Brisbane twice, won't be so lucky next year. Enabled them to be top 4 given the tightness of the top 7. Massive bonus.

Retirements in their back 6 will expose that area next year and will be a major issue. Oh and Danger needs to realise it is a team game and no good get 40+ disposals if half are crap and don't hit targets!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Called it weeks ago that Geelong would be thumped, got crucified by all and sundry on here because I'm a Richmond supporter. But I actually know what a list of pretenders looks like and Geelong has it spades right now. Their second tier is poor, Stanley, Hawkins, motlop, caddy, blitzavs, Zac Smith didn't fire a shot and then the inevitable retirements of their champs. Anyone doubting how screwed their list actually is, would have a pretty clear answer now. Can't believe there is already talk of them going top 4 next year.

eh the cats go alright, if anything they over performed this year.

quality team that simply doesn't match up well against us. Plus they have dangerfield, any team that can reach a prelim with his hack it forwards and hope, style of play is doing well.

I was hoping we might catch you guys injured and a bit off your game but when it was quickly obvious that you weren't I knew we were gone. Better team. Good luck next week!

Dangerfield went there because he was born in Moggs Creek.

Henderson is hardly something to write home about.

Scott Selwood the same as Henderson and wouldn't have gone to Geelong if his brother wasn't there.

Clark and Caddy don't make Geelong a destination club.
You can pick at each example but at the end of the day which club bar Hawthorn has a better record of late? Would Dangerfield have still gone there if they were a basket case who hadn't made finals for 10 years? Maybe, but a lot less likely.

You don't think they still have a perception amongst the general AFL community as a successful club with good culture? I just think going forward they shouldn't have too much trouble attracting quality players if that's the list management strategy they choose.

Losses to St.Kilda, Carlton, Collingwood, and an escape from jail win against Richmond were always ominous for the Cats.

Back