Opinion Will Geelong's boutique home ground ruin the Cats final chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Geelong incredibly get 7 to 8 home games at Kardinia Park every year.It's a ground they play well, but it bares little resemblance to the MCG where finals are played.Is this skinny ground ruining their premiership chances?

Geelong incredibly get 7 to 8 home games at Kardinia Park every year.It's a ground they play well, but it bares little resemblance to the MCG where finals are played.Is this skinny ground ruining their premiership chances?

Imagine if Geelong got 13 home games like Richmond gets 13 games at their home ground in 2019...

Richmond will be exhausted from all the travel they'll have to do with their last 7 games this season.

Trivia Question, have West Coast ever played Geelong at the MCG in a H&A match? I'm thinking no. Are the 92 and 94 Grand Finals the only time Eagles have played Geelong at the MCG or was there another final some time?

_Mike_

Can we just merge or get rid of this? Topic literally done to death.....
This is a legitimate thread, have a look at the stats. If you can have the thread 'Will Tom Lynch ruin the Tigers' up for 12 months, this thread is perfectly acceptable. Look at the Cats finals record at the G mate.

Incredibly get? You think we should get less? None?
What are you smoking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a legitimate thread, have a look at the stats. If you can have the thread 'Will Tom Lynch ruin the Tigers' up for 12 months, this thread is perfectly acceptable. Look at the Cats finals record at the G mate.
Mate we all know this. Seriously. Every year this happens. There is also a thread called ‘are Geelong unbeatable?’. This is essentially a sub topic.

There are more discussions about Geelong and their finals record than basically anything else.

I do think it's unfair to all the other Victorian clubs as they have to play their home games at the dockland or the G.
But it’s their home ground mate! How is it unfair? I mean seriously. They have an average finals record since 2012, with you beating them comfortably in 2017!

What exactly are you expecting this to turn into? I’ll help you; a bunch of Geelong fans getting defensive and bunch of Tigers fans saying ‘you can’t play the G’.

Mate we all know this. Seriously. Every year this happens. There is also a thread called ‘are Geelong unbeatable?’. This is essentially a sub topic.

There are more discussions about Geelong and their finals record than basically anything else.
Ok Nuke it then

But it’s their home ground mate! How is it unfair? I mean seriously. They have an average finals record since 2012, with you beating them comfortably in 2017!

What exactly are you expecting this to turn into? I’ll help you; a bunch of Geelong fans getting defensive and bunch of Tigers fans saying ‘you can’t play the G’.
It's a legitimate topic https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...nia-park-the-biggest-advantge-in-the-afl/amp/
How come you're not complaining about the Tom Lynch ruining Richmond threads? It's a farcical proposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back