Will Hawthorn make the 8?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon Clarkson continues to own the Crows.

Just wait till they have to play Brisbane:drunk:
More years out of Hawthorn's system means that Fagan/Hodge's inside knowledge becomes thankfully less relevant... but their collective ~30 years working with Clarko and many of the Hawks best players means they can still predict quite well how our mob will respond in a given situation.

Given nobody at Hawthorn has coached at or played for Brisbane in recent memory, plus the Lions have a slightly new look this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we got beaten again. I'm quite bullish about the difference Scully will make to our midfield though, as Brisbane have tagged and targeted Smith the last two times we've played and stopped our best (and only real) outside runner. Most opposition teams tried last year to varying degrees, but Scully will make a huge difference here.

I reckon Clarkson continues to own the Crows.

Just wait till they have to play Brisbane:drunk:

Putting aside the players WCE had missing, Brisbane quite comfortably took care of the reigning premiers. I reckon it'll be more than just the Hawks at risk of being beaten by Brissie this year.

What gives me hope is Wingard and scully coming in and I'm genuinely excited by our group of 28 and under in o'meara , wingard, impey, gunston, scully, hardwick , worpel and Morrison . What doesnt is our kpp depth i think its one spot on the field if we cop an injury to one of the starting 22 we are in trouble, heres hoping the mitchell injury is all the bad luck gone for the year .

Tall depth is OK it’s just not very spectacular

they are like the cats , keep patching up their team and only making up numbers. no serious threat for a flag imo.
theyll prob make the bottom half of the 8

Maybe ..... but I reckon Clarko will win another one before his current contract expires.

Can see it coming together nicely since the departures of Hodge/Sammy/Gibbo/Lewis at the end of 2016. It’s unbelievable in the current environment of equalisation!

Think they will start well then drop a bit and either just make it or just miss. 6-10
It is a soft start to the season so we probably need to start 5-1. The tough part of the season kicks in from round 7

If only they had Mitchell this seasonn, they'd be a serious flag threat. With Wingard and Scully set to return, you wouldn't want to face them in September. Don't forget last season they were a Jack Gunston sitter away from being right in it against Melbourne. He hit the post, I think it would have brought them within 9 points or so during that semi final.

Should make the finals, and as mentioned already will take big scalps along the way and be right in contention until the end. That's the minimum.

Hawks will get 12 wins minimum easily. After that, who knows.

They said he will be lucky to play again, yet here he is about to make his debut in Round 2 for Hawthorn. Tom Scully officially returns. A lot sooner then expected. Now the melts will begin. Scully traded by Western Sydney for a 4th round pick is looking like it's going to be a major steal. :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They said he will be lucky to play again, yet here he is about to make his debut in Round 2 for Hawthorn. Tom Scully officially returns. A lot sooner then expected. Now the melts will begin. Scully traded by Western Sydney for a 4th round pick is looking like it's going to be a major steal. :moustache:
Very similar to all the talk about O'Meara more hopes than actual reality. We have our hits and misses the difference being we hit more often than we miss

Yes. But the AFL are as bent as FIFA

They're too old. Injuries like that happen more often when you have as many 30+ year olds as they do.

Clarkson is the most arrogant coach in the AFL, and it's starting to bite him.

Media and all their fans talked themselves up a treat after round 1 over Adelaide.
Clarko the genius, hawks already rebuilt, top 4 again ... in came the plaudits ...well turns out Adelaide aren’t actually a good side.
And neither are the hawks

Media and all their fans talked themselves up a treat after round 1 over Adelaide.
Clarko the genius, hawks already rebuilt, top 4 again ... in came the plaudits ...well turns out Adelaide aren’t actually a good side.
And neither are the hawks
No team is going to win games when their entire starting midfield is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back