Will Hawthorn make the 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're too old. Injuries like that happen more often when you have as many 30+ year olds as they do.

Clarkson is the most arrogant coach in the AFL, and it's starting to bite him.

What has Clarkson done wrong? You put Hawthorn “outs” into the team and they would be 4-0.

Aside from omeara who else are you referring to?

How is that relevant to Mitchells freak broken leg? Shiels hardly ever gets injured.

Don’t you know that Boxhead_31 is an expert on all things Hawthorn!

No chance now. Their next 11 weeks is brutal. Will start favourite in 2 and one is against port in tassie which can go either way. Injuries have killed them early on which doesn’t help, especially with a bottom 4 midfield even at full strength. To lose Frawley and Stratton now is actually laughable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think you mean our next 11 weeks are brutal and injuries have killed us.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Media and all their fans talked themselves up a treat after round 1 over Adelaide.
Clarko the genius, hawks already rebuilt, top 4 again ... in came the plaudits ...well turns out Adelaide aren’t actually a good side.
And neither are the hawks

Er... no. Adelaide?

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
No chance now. Their next 11 weeks is brutal. Will start favourite in 2 and one is against port in tassie which can go either way. Injuries have killed them early on which doesn’t help, especially with a bottom 4 midfield even at full strength. To lose Frawley and Stratton now is actually laughable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did you just accidentally post under your Hawk alias flog.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Shiel would've been such a good pick up for them. Really unfortunate for the Hawks that he chose Essendon instead.

Hawthorn's midfield is in real trouble. Being carried by young kids like Worpel and Cousins who will tire as the season goes on.
And recruit Wingard a cream on top player

He won’t be getting his hands dirty

Ahhhh still think I go for the cats....
No I just wonder why when you talk about the Hawks you always use language like they aren't your club.

It's never we have a hard run or injuries are killing us like normal supporters would say. It's always them over there

A bit rich to claim they are bad. The two losses so far have been when they had to play 2 men down.

Mitchell and O’Meara averaged like 60 disposals and about 15 clearances between them last year. You can’t replace a ferrari with a datson and expect the same performance. lol

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Mitchell and O’Meara averaged like 60 disposals and about 15 clearances between them last year. You can’t replace a ferrari with a datson and expect the same performance. lol

I was more referring to the fact that in both losses you also went down with injuries mid game. The Mitchell/omeara losses just compound that.

If you guys can stay afloat for the next few rounds nobody will want to play you in the first round of finals. (Assuming you get healthy)

I was more referring to the fact that in both losses you also went down with injuries mid game. The Mitchell/omeara losses just compound that.

If you guys can stay afloat for the next few rounds nobody will want to play you in the first round of finals. (Assuming you get healthy)

Maybe if everything goes right Hawthorn might finish 5th-8th. The word is Mitchell will return sometime after the bye round if there is no setback.

Old Stuckup

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea, 76s, Stars
Mid-table side I reckon. 7-12 is a realistic expectation but might pinch a win in September if they make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back