Will Hawthorn make the 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Maybe if everything goes right Hawthorn might finish 5th-8th. The word is Mitchell will return sometime after the bye round if there is no setback.

That would be good although I think he will be a shell of himself for whatever he plays this season. Lack of match fitness plus tentativeness about re-injury will mean he won't be back to anywhere near full form until next season.

Getting games into him though if you can this year can only be a positive though.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No I just wonder why when you talk about the Hawks you always use language like they aren't your club.

It's never we have a hard run or injuries are killing us like normal supporters would say. It's always them over there
I dont think thats true, hes gone with 'we' a few times.

The stupid nob just keeps forgetting which account he is signed in under.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was more referring to the fact that in both losses you also went down with injuries mid game. The Mitchell/omeara losses just compound that.

If you guys can stay afloat for the next few rounds nobody will want to play you in the first round of finals. (Assuming you get healthy)
Cheers. I dont like sweating on the blokes not out there, thats just depth. Thats footy.

Its the injuries in game that sting. We lost burgoyne/shiels and frawley/stratton in 3rd quarters and in a strong position. We dont have the depth to cover this and two young teams ran over the top of us.

Saints lost McKenzie too tbf.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Haha i think he did. Gold

This is my only account and I am a hawthorn supporter. But keep following the other sheep that think otherwise..and keep thinking this current hawks team has a chance of playing finals. They won’t win more than 8 games. Bookmark this post and feel free to laugh at me end of season if they do.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is my only account and I am a hawthorn supporter. But keep following the other sheep that think otherwise..and keep thinking this current hawks team has a chance of playing finals. They won’t win more than 8 games. Bookmark this post and feel free to laugh at me end of season if they do.

Haha keep banging that drum, nobody is fooled.

Last edited:
I imagine if we did play finals you'd be happy

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You can only make decisions on best info but if Mitchell going down was known doubt Wingard be selected
Mitchell doesnt have aids, he is out for a season at worst.

Why wouldnt we pick up a 25yo, dual AA, gamebreaker because our best player (also 25) was out for most of the following season and our previous elite impact gamebreaker retired at 27?

Its your opinion, but in my opinion, im very relieved our list managers arent as short sighted as you.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Mitchell doesnt have aids, he is out for a season at worst.

Why wouldnt we pick up a 25yo, dual AA, gamebreaker because our best player (also 25) was out for most of the following season and our previous elite impact gamebreaker retired at 27?

Its your opinion, but in my opinion, im very relieved our list managers arent as short sighted as you.
Game in balance today
Wingard delivered not a lot

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I imagine if we did play finals you'd be happy

I would be over the moon...but like last season it would be false hope. The best thing about this season is going to be watching the kids play. Love scrimshaw, worpel, cousins, Nash, Morrison (despite being a spud in every game so far)...Mitch Lewis will be playing soon as well.

Roughy, Burgoyne, Frawley, Birchall, shoenmakers, O’Brien and Puopolo are cooked. That’s why this team will be lucky to win 8 or more games. Depth is not there. Even with Mitchell and omera, the midfield is weak.

Need to start playing brand, miles, moore, Lewis. Roughy, Burgoyne, Birchall, O’Brien and Puopolo will all be gone next season. I’m confident with the return of Mitchell and a couple of gun free agents over the next 2-3 seasons, they can challenge again in 2022...the group of 18-25 year olds is actually decent but if you think this team will have success 2019-2021 you are dreaming.

Wingard is the cream on a good side

Not sure he is the greatest pick up given hawks current situation
Which wasn't our situation when we picked him up and won't be again in the future.

And I think he's a little more than cream on a good side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back