Toast Will Hayes - welcome to the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Welcome Will! Can't say welcome to the Kennel in the thread title, because you were already here :p
Great to see good form at Footscray in the VFL rewarded with a spot on the senior list.
Our forward depth was threadbare before this offseason, looking a little better now.

DsqQlxOV4AAdr0s.jpg

Last edited:
Well done Will. I really hope you play at AFL level. And if you burst through, anything can happen. But you are not going to have ‘what if’s’. Good luck next year, I love seeing persistence rewarded.

Love that we've promoted another guy off the Footscray list after the success of Gowers this year. I remember there wasn't a great deal of optimism on here for Billy over the preseason, hopefully that's not seen again for Hayes.

Small piece of trivia - he's the son of Melbourne Cup winning horse trainer David Hayes, grandson of Colin.

Watched this guy a few times in VFL. He has made a lot of improvement last couple of years and glad we got him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that we've promoted another guy off the Footscray list after the success of Gowers this year. I remember there wasn't a great deal of optimism on here for Billy over the preseason, hopefully that's not seen again for Hayes.

Small piece of trivia - he's the son of Melbourne Cup winning horse trainer David Hayes, grandson of Colin.
It does tick me off watching ex footscrayites like Hannan do well for other teams. Not that there is much we can do about that. Glad we kept will hayes in-house.

Not much at stake, given he’s a flyer at the literal end of the draft.

Honeychurch always put up similar numbers in the VFL.

Like Gowers, we won’t know what we have until we see him in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much at stake, given he’s a flyer at the literal end of the draft.

Honeychurch always put up similar numbers in the VFL.

Like Gowers, we won’t know what we have until we see him in the AFL.
Hayes averages 26 disposals at 80% efficiency I don’t think Honeychurch has done that at any level.

Always for giving a state league dynamo a crack late in the draft or as a rookie. Worked brilliantly for us with Picken, Dickson, Boyd and Morris and pretty well with Redpath and Adams. They are a much higher percentage shot than an 18 year old who slides.

Best of luck to him and to Cavarra. They’ve earned it.

You need a sense of humor transplant.
And maybe to learn to discuss something respectfully.

Can you start off by posting something respectfully? Between this & not rating Bailey Smith, you’re coming across as miserable that we didn’t have the number 1 pick

Can you start off by posting something respectfully? Between this & not rating Bailey Smith, you’re coming across as miserable that we didn’t have the number 1 pick
Well said. Just depressing additions to these new threads, which he apparently thinks is "humour".

Well said. Just depressing additions to these new threads, which he apparently thinks is "humour".
So a post where I basically called myself a fool for not rating Macrae and a (obviously poor) joke about Hayes looking like Honeychurch has got this reaction.

I knew there was a reason I don't really post anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back