Will history be kind to GWSteven GWSilvagni?

How will history look back on Silvagni's time as Carlton list manager?

• Almost as overrated a list manager as he was a player. Almost.

• As the man who butchered Carlton's list so hard they had to scapegoat another few coaches.

• The epitome of mediocrity, reminiscent of Marc Murphy's career & captaincy.

• As an innocent victim doomed by Carlton pervasive culture of failure.

• Someone who did a fantastic job, overshadowed by every other aspect of the club being crap.

• SOS keeping his job for 5 years puzzles J.Watts more than Ted Bundy evading capture so long.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The idea that this ‘conflict’ has only just occurred to Carlol is almost as laughable as the suggestion that it was the reason for the dismissal.

SOS wanted Dunkley, he was overruled.
Another fail by you.🥜
Last time I saw a supporterbase go so far out of its' way to make excuses for a fallen favorite son the matter was eventulally settled by WADA

Last time I saw a supporterbase go so far out of its' way to make excuses for a fallen favorite son the matter was eventulally settled by WADA
He was set to leave sometime next year anyway, it’s the way the club has gone about it that has people the most upset.
I doesn’t effect me that much, I wish it had been handled cleaner and that the CEO hadn’t walked around with his dick out and the Prez had the balls to tell him to put his dick back in pants.
But, that’s footy clubs for ya, lots of blokes walking around waving their dicks about.

do you work for a footy club?

He was set to leave sometime next year anyway, it’s the way the club has gone about it that has people the most upset.
I doesn’t effect me that much, I wish it had been handled cleaner and that the CEO hadn’t walked around with his dick out and the Prez had the balls to tell him to put his dick back in pants.
But, that’s footy clubs for ya, lots of blokes walking around waving their dicks about.

do you work for a footy club?
Hi there...
1575526568122.png

He was set to leave sometime next year anyway
Surely you aren't buying the line he was ejected due to a conflict of interest, which has existed for years?

Clearly SOS was given the boot because his incompetence had reached a tipping point where favorite son status could no longer shield him and the embarrassment of sacking a Silvagni was outweighed by the damage keeping him around would've done. However the real indictment is why the club poached him from GWS in the first place when his record was unspectacular given the embarrassment of riches he was given. I guess they still love a "big name" at Carlton which goes to show how little the kulcha has changed.

The good news is your recruiting may not actually suck balls now! No more throwing away possible pick 1's on vanilla mids like Liam Stocker (who?) no more trawling GWS' reserves list with a winch and a fishing net, no more trying to break the record for most live trades on draft night to maximize the list manager's public profile...... we may actually be witnessing the moment Carlton takes its' first tentative step into the 21st century. :drunk:

No I don't work for an AFL club, actually I'd much rather work for the AFL - cushy workload, no shareholders or oversight, guaranteed customer base who've supported the product their entire lives with no alternative to switch to.... I've no idea what anyone at the AFL actually gets paid for (not alot?) but sleazing around their PR department sounds like fun.

Surely you aren't buying the line he was ejected due to a conflict of interest, which has existed for years?

Clearly SOS was given the boot because his incompetence had reached a tipping point where favorite son status could no longer shield him and the embarrassment of sacking a Silvagni was outweighed by the damage keeping him around would've done. However the real indictment is why the club poached him from GWS in the first place when his record was unspectacular given the embarrassment of riches he was given. I guess they still love a "big name" at Carlton which goes to show how little the kulcha has changed.

The good news is your recruiting may not actually suck balls now! No more throwing away possible pick 1's on vanilla mids like Liam Stocker (who?) no more trawling GWS' reserves list with a winch and a fishing net, no more trying to break the record for most live trades on draft night to maximize the list manager's public profile...... we may actually be witnessing the moment Carlton takes its' first tentative step into the 21st century. :drunk:

No I don't work for an AFL club, actually I'd much rather work for the AFL - cushy workload, no shareholders or oversight, guaranteed customer base who've supported the product their entire lives with no alternative to switch to.... I've no idea what anyone at the AFL actually gets paid for (not alot?) but sleazing around their PR department sounds like fun.
The bolded is the only part I agree with you on!👍

Oh shudup already - you club is so short of coaching depth - you hired Bolton back!! LOL

You’re a bit creepy this morning guvna.
But hey, what are thinking?
Hungover as all hell and trying to make it to 5pm without getting fired

I wager one month sig/av that nobody with the surname Silvagni will be on Carlton's playing list in 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hungover as all hell and trying to make it to 5pm without getting fired

I wager one month sig/av that nobody with the surname Silvagni will be on Carlton's playing list in 2021.
The end of the trade periods 2020 or the end of trade periods 2021?

The end of the trade periods 2020 or the end of trade periods 2021?
Trade period 2020, as in this time next year. No Silvagnis left.

Ben will be put out of his misery quickly. I see Jack is signed up until the end of 2021, but he’ll be steak knives in some GWS trade no doubt

Trade period 2020, as in this time next year. No Silvagnis left.

Ben will be put out of his misery quickly. I see Jack is signed up until the end of 2021, but he’ll be steak knives in some GWS trade no doubt
Firstly, how did you make it through the day?
Lol
Ok, this is on like Donkey Kong, do we need to make it legit and take it to Packedlunch’s thread?

Firstly, how did you make it through the day?
Lol
Ok, this is on like Donkey Kong, do we need to make it legit and take it to Packedlunch’s thread?
People calling all ******* day it was wretched. Basically told a couple of them to * off and they now rightly think i’m a grade A d/h

Also last night while shitfaced i made a joke about some guy being bald and the missus made me apologise this morning. Now i have to buy him dinner to say sorry for the baldshaming. I reckon bald dudes need to have a sense of humour about it.

I think we can just shake on this one and hope we don’t forget.

People calling all ******* day it was wretched. Basically told a couple of them to fu** off and they now rightly think i’m a grade A top bloke

Also last night while shitfaced i made a joke about some guy being bald and the missus made me apologise this morning. Now i have to buy him dinner to say sorry for the baldshaming. I reckon bald dudes need to have a sense of humour about it.

I think we can just shake on this one and hope we don’t forget.
You do know that the outside world isn’t the bay right?
Yeh, ok I think we can have absolute recall on this.
Have a great dinner with the bald headed floggy campaigner!👍

You do know that the outside world isn’t the bay right?
Yeh, ok I think we can have absolute recall on this.
Have a great dinner with the bald headed floggy campaigner!👍
Was thinking about buying him a wig cos i’m a solutions guy

images
Jack+Silvagni+Carlton+Blues+Training+Session+I_fLmc_HqlKl.jpg

8a88b4082d464c650f20247e32796be7
Why do both SOS offsprings look like trainee mafia hitmen?

Back