Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

WHE, went missing in the first half but bounced back in the second. He is vital to team success. Needs to play four quarters of football, such an impact player.

Found some form in the second half, the optimist in me says he will continue that on against GWS; due for a big game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does WHE fit with Elliot, De Goey, Stepho, Thomas, Mihocek? A wing?? I doubt he’d have the tank.
(A nice problem to have, of course, but...)
Forward.
His unique pure skill, plays and looks taller than he is so to speak.
Just has this skill where he can one hand pluck the ball.
Kicks well.
And would have to be minded very carefully.
You’d push out Thomas before him, or keep all of them and say Varcoe misses.

Wonderful problem.

I feel like he has to be in. I also feel like Mayne should make way for him but it's hard to argue with his possessions and effort. I just prefer WHE's ball use and goal kicking. Mayne seems too worried about being caught with the ball.

Injuries will open spots soon enough. Adams is first in line to come in with everyone being fit. WHE will/should have to fight through the VFL for a game where he wil be up against a couple of youngsters trying to forge a career in Brown & Daicos.

May the best man win.

Where does WHE fit with Elliot, De Goey, Stepho, Thomas, Mihocek? A wing?? I doubt he’d have the tank.
(A nice problem to have, of course, but...)

I reckon he might have to play VFL until an opportunity opens, now that Elliot is back.

In time (maybe a month) from last nights side I reckon three changes would get us to our (debateable) best available 22.

In Adams Sier WHE
Out Varcoe Aish Thomas

Of that only Adams for Varcoe is a no brainer the other two are line ball.

I like Thomas and think he is underrated.

Also Varcoe adds mongrel.

WHE adds silk - but this might be the impetus for him to start impacting games more frequently.

I see Sier as the Pendle-in waiting. Needs game time too.

I’d hate to be selection committee. Or finance dept. for that matter...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back