Traded Will Hoskin-Elliott [traded to Collingwood for their 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he is a Good User of the Ball and Got Clean Hands and High Footy IQ.

Problem I think he be a Good On-Baller in the Pendles Style but we are Loaded in that Area.
Wells, Mayne and WHE were the wrong players to bring in. Your midfield is excellent and not sure Maybe offers much.

That cash should have been used to try and get a key back and forward. Reid is a gun but needs support and Moore is developing into a gun but needs more than Jessie White to help him.

Wells, Mayne and WHE were the wrong players to bring in. Your midfield is excellent and not sure Maybe offers much.

That cash should have been used to try and get a key back and forward. Reid is a gun but needs support and Moore is developing into a gun but needs more than Jessie White to help him.

Wells and WHE give us Classy Ball user which we Badly Need.

Mayne was Brought in for Forward Pressure but Sadly so far not done much else

WHE had a great first 2 games and 1st qtr this week. Went to water after quarter time. Literally fumbling and dropping chest marks like he just lost all confidence. Redeemed himself with that match winning ripper from the boundary. Seems the type who'll be very dangerous when he gets space.

Would be a good player if he could win his own ball.

Well we have plenty that Can and I dare say that area will Improve with more Game Time. Hey people said same thing about Bucks and he is a Legend

Squibbed it a few times but for every Taylor Adams who goes in head first you need someone to finish the chain of possessions with skill.

Spot On. As we seen this Round that IF You don't have someone who can Finish then that Hard Work(Like Adams Does) goes to waste

WHE had a great first 2 games and 1st qtr this week. Went to water after quarter time. Literally fumbling and dropping chest marks like he just lost all confidence. Redeemed himself with that match winning ripper from the boundary. Seems the type who'll be very dangerous when he gets space.

Reckon he'll be similar to Andrejs Everitt, but maybe a slightly more talented version.

Both players with great talent, aerobic capacity and could kick goals from the boundary...but the negatives being inconsistency and not exactly being the toughest players around.

Also reminds me of the Mortons.

Reckon he'll be similar to Andrejs Everitt, but maybe a slightly more talented version.

Both players with great talent, aerobic capacity and could kick goals from the boundary...but the negatives being inconsistency and not exactly being the toughest players around.

Also reminds me of the Mortons.
I thought back to Cale Morton. Obvious talent and a huge tank. But when he lost confidence he seemed to be greatly affected.

Mayne no. WHE definite yes. Wells maybe.

We have awesome inside mids but last preseason were still short on top quality outside mids.

If you know of any gun key position defenders or forwards were could of brought in for the same price as Wells or WHE then I might agree with you (and plz don't say Tyrone Vickery or Aaron Black)

Mayne no. WHE definite yes. Wells maybe.

We have awesome inside mids but last preseason were still short on top quality outside mids.

If you know of any gun key position defenders or forwards were could of brought in for the same price as Wells or WHE then I might agree with you (and plz don't say Tyrone Vickery or Aaron Black)
I would have put both Wells and WHE cash together and gone after a key position player - or saved it for this year - Rory Thompson and Jackson Trengove are free agents.

I would have put both Wells and WHE cash together and gone after a key position player - or saved it for this year - Rory Thompson and Jackson Trengove are free agents.
But we needed outside mids nearly as much as a good key defender. There are three main deficiencies on our list - Outside mids, crumbing forward, shutdown defender.

Our trade/draft period last year tried to address two of them. We used our first pick on a key defender and traded in Dunne/ Schade as short term options (the way Schade is playing maybe even medium term). We got WHE and Wells to fix the outside mid deficiency, and I'd prefer both of them to one of Trengove or Thompson tbh.

While another KPF would be good it's not a priority when Elliot and Fasolo are basically smalls who play as key forwards.

What we really really need is a crumbing small forward who can kick 30+ goals. Especially with the game style that the coach wants us to play we need to be more of a threat on the ground in the forward. A quality small crumbing forward also makes Cox has a much more useful player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't help but imagine what Morton and even cook could've been if they had Roos as coach
It's hard to say. In Morton case he fell into the low % of contested possessions rate as a junior. Apparently the guys picked high in draft in that field don't always make it. Cool I have no idea on. I personally wanted us to go Darling. Cool was AA U18 centre half forward but not sure why he didn't go on.

But we needed outside mids nearly as much as a good key defender. There are three main deficiencies on our list - Outside mids, crumbing forward, shutdown defender.

Our trade/draft period last year tried to address two of them. We used our first pick on a key defender and traded in Dunne/ Schade as short term options (the way Schade is playing maybe even medium term). We got WHE and Wells to fix the outside mid deficiency, and I'd prefer both of them to one of Trengove or Thompson tbh.

While another KPF would be good it's not a priority when Elliot and Fasolo are basically smalls who play as key forwards.

What we really really need is a crumbing small forward who can kick 30+ goals. Especially with the game style that the coach wants us to play we need to be more of a threat on the ground in the forward. A quality small crumbing forward also makes Cox has a much more useful player.

Your midfield was rated one of the best pre- Wells and WHE. With Grundy included it is clearly your biggest strength.

1 good key back and 1 good (developing) key forward is not enough to be consistently good. Saints this week will stretch you with Roo, Memebrey, McCartin and Bruce. Reid can't cover all 4.

A coach that was mid - loads his team up with mids.

Your midfield was rated one of the best pre- Wells and WHE. With Grundy included it is clearly your biggest strength.

1 good key back and 1 good (developing) key forward is not enough to be consistently good. Saints this week will stretch you with Roo, Memebrey, McCartin and Bruce. Reid can't cover all 4.

A coach that was mid - loads his team up with mids.

I say Schade will go to Riewoldt after Shutting out Buddy

WHE was a WRONG player to bring in? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. he's been a top 5 player for us so far and is our only competent high half-forward. Absolute critical to our team. Fasolo+Elliot as deep small forwards, WHE+Aish/Broomhead as half forwards could make a great forward line even without developed key forwards.

Mayne I agree was a wrong player to bring in. Wells is debatable but WHE is an absolute steal at this pick.

WHE was a WRONG player to bring in? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. he's been a top 5 player for us so far and is our only competent high half-forward. Absolute critical to our team. Fasolo+Elliot as deep small forwards, WHE+Aish/Broomhead as half forwards could make a great forward line even without developed key forwards.

Mayne I agree was a wrong player to bring in. Wells is debatable but WHE is an absolute steal at this pick.
Not sure it's that funny as each year under Bucks you continue to get worse and worse.

Greenwood, Aish, Varcoe, Trelour, WHE, Wells, Mayne, Howe, Crisp & Adams. Yet you have 1 good key forward and back. Time to go tall - not sure your coach will get that chance at years end.

Last edited:
Buddy had a dirty day. Let's not pretend Schade was unbelievable. Riewoldt will absolutely run rings around him if that's the match up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough on the kid - Roo blows up defenders with 10 pre seasons under their belt.
I'd say it's more likely Goldsack goes with him. Has a much bigger tank than Schade and roughly the same height. Much like Buddy last week though, Roo will require good team defence to hold quiet. Schade will probably go to Bruce.

Not sure it's that funny as each year under Bucks you continue to get worse and worse.

Greenwood, Aish, Varcoe, Trelour, WHE, Wells, Mayne, Howe, Crisp & Adams. Yet you have 1 good key forward and back. Time to go tall - not sure your coach will get that chance at years end.
You literally just ruined your case. How is Bucks being s**t relevant to our discussion on WHE? WHE is a completely different player to 3/4 of the players you just mentioned. You're not worth my time.

Player makes positive statement about his new club and coach, creates BF storm.

Why?

Because everyone enjoys a good Collingwood slanging.

Even if it's a stupid place for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back