Traded Will Hoskin-Elliott [traded to Collingwood for their 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

The deal also involved Geelong's first round pick this year, and a salary dump of Lamb (who we got off Sydney by offering him "more than he was worth" to get him to play for us).
The deal also included Plowman and Phillips, who will be long term players AND pick 8 coming back Carlton's way.

So many collingwood fans getting emotional about some apparently dud player thats under contract for another year. Just because some clubs shop long serving players under contract around doesnt mean everybody does.

So many collingwood fans getting emotional about some apparently dud player thats under contract for another year. Just because some clubs shop long serving players under contract around doesnt mean everybody does.

All good - Gubby Allan will handle it. Should know the contract for each Gws player and who to target etc. So if it is not WHE then he will move onto another Giants player.

Not sure why people are thinking he's worth a first rounder. Why wouldn't clubs back themselves in the first round of the draft instead of getting WHE? He comes with as many question marks as a draftee considering his minimal AFL output and his injuries.

If the rumours are true and he wants to come to us, we don't have a first rounder to trade anyway and probably won't get one for the players that we are likely to have on the trade table (Williams, Cloke, Witts, Broomhead).

I imagine if it's with us we would offer whatever we get for Witts if it's not Witts himself should the Giants be interested in a young ruck (others are).

Worth a late teens pick. Taken at 4 he has shown some glimpses of being a star and that will see clubs pay. I would happily give up a pic in the late teens to secure him.

GWS trade: WHE, marchbank, tomiilson and pick 32 to Carlton

Carlton trade: pick 5 and 23 to GWS

GWS trade: WHE, marchbank, tomiilson and pick 32 to Carlton

Carlton trade: pick 5 and 23 to GWS

That would be a disaster for Carlton

What about

GWS - Steele, WHE, Tomlinson
Blues - Pick 5 and 3rd rounder

That would be a disaster for Carlton

What about

GWS - Steele, WHE, Tomlinson
Blues - Pick 5 and 3rd rounder

I like that trade aswell.
If I recall last year didn't GWS turn down a pick in the late teens just for Tomlinson from carlton.
Can't see it being too bad of asking price considering
WHE was pick 4
Tomlinson was pick 9
Marchbank was pick 6
All players would be best 22 at the blues

Worth a late teens pick. Taken at 4 he has shown some glimpses of being a star and that will see clubs pay. I would happily give up a pic in the late teens to secure him.

Nothing against you in particular but this just shows how much supporters overrate draft position in a player's worth.

Put it another way, would you give pick 10 for Jack Watts just because of where he was taken in the draft and he has shown 'glimpses'?

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that WHE is a bad player but if you in theory or a club is willing to give a first rounder for him it's as much of a 'gamble' as picking an 18yo in the draft. In a strong draft in particular there's an argument to go with the first rounder instead of the older player with little AFL output to show.

I think clubs should be careful in what they give the Giants. Basically they give them a top 10 pick in a package deal for a few guys who have not lived up to their own top 10 selection. Giving the Giants chance after chance at getting their first round picks right. In doing that we are extending their inevitable dynasty

This is just pathetic drivel. He is absolutely not worth a first rnd pick. He was pick 4. He has played like a pick 54. He has not by any means shown star quality. JOM showed star quality. Jacob hopper showed star quality. Christian petracca showed star quality. Bontempelli showed and proved star quality.

Couldnt give a s**t where he wants to go whether its *ing freo or nt crocodiles. Stop playing this dumb childish game pumping up everyones tires.

He has shown great athletic ability. He can leap and sprint and take a good mark. Thats about it. You judge a player on what theyve shown not what pick they were 4 yrs ago and 'potential'. I can find a bloke in the VAFA who can run fast jump and take a nice grab

I guess youre just taking the tried and true richmond approach - overpaying for a spud becuase 'he once showed a bit 3 years ago and was pick 4 in a compromised draft 5 years ago'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt the blues offer something like pick 11 for Tommo alone last year? 2 of those guys are under contract for next year.
Looks like you should have traded Tommo when he was worth something.

This is just pathetic drivel. He is absolutely not worth a first rnd pick. He was pick 4. He has played like a pick 54. He has not by any means shown star quality. JOM showed star quality. Jacob hopper showed star quality. Christian petracca showed star quality. Bontempelli showed and proved star quality.

Couldnt give a s**t where he wants to go whether its ruddy freo or nt crocodiles. Stop playing this dumb childish game pumping up everyones tires.

He has shown great athletic ability. He can leap and sprint and take a good mark. Thats about it. You judge a player on what theyve shown not what pick they were 4 yrs ago and 'potential'. I can find a bloke in the VAFA who can run fast jump and take a nice grab

I guess youre just taking the tried and true richmond approach - overpaying for a spud becuase 'he once showed a bit 3 years ago and was pick 4 in a compromised draft 5 years ago'

Lol meltdown

He's worth more to the Giants as a contracted player than he would be at the trade table.

They'd be better off holding on to him.

And you would be saying top ten pick. SHOCK HORROR
No we wouldn't. Just like we know that Broomhead is worth nix at the moment despite his obvious talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back