Prediction Will Hoskin- Elliott

We need an impact player like him.

Let's welcome him to the club he was destined to play for.
How much impact do you expect a player who averages less than 13 touches and a goal a game make? We may as well just keep persisting with Blair...

Sco80

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
How much impact do you expect a player who averages less than 13 touches and a goal a game make? We may as well just keep persisting with Blair...
WHE is not the answer. I'd rather boomer Harvey

Vankri

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like the idea of bringing in a classy half forward as I feel it's one of our biggest list needs, but honestly if a first rounder is the price to pay for WHE I would rather go to the draft with that pick should we somehow acquire it. There are as many question marks on WHE as there are on a draftee because of his minimal AFL output and injuries.

I expect other clubs would think similarly. The only club I can see offering a late first rounder for WHE Is Hawthorn because of their emphasis on outside skill and because they will probably finish top 4 (hopefully we have a say in that but I don't expect we will win on Sunday). I think ultimately if he nominates us we will get him for whatever we get for Witts, if not for Witts himself should GWS be interested.

Sco80

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
I like the idea of bringing in a classy half forward as I feel it's one of our biggest list needs, but honestly if a first rounder is the price to pay for WHE I would rather go to the draft with that pick should we somehow acquire it. There are as many question marks on WHE as there are on a draftee because of his minimal AFL output and injuries.

I expect other clubs would think similarly. The only club I can see offering a late first rounder for WHE Is Hawthorn because of their emphasis on outside skill and because they will probably finish top 4 (hopefully we have a say in that but I don't expect we will win on Sunday). I think ultimately if he nominates us we will get him for whatever we get for Witts, if not for Witts himself should GWS be interested.
He's just not worth a high pick imo. If we can snag him second rounder then good. But not a first rounder

The Pied Piper

Senior List
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
He'd only need 1 touch a game to have more impact than Blair / witches hat / garden knome, take your pick. Blair is not dangerous to the opposition, no threat.

With Blair's existence, we've foregone Kennedy, and arguably overlooked Caleb Daniel.

HE would not replace Blair anyway, different types.

I'd rather get a 'lazy' Jarrod Pickett to replace Blair - he'd have more toe, more skill, kick more goals, stick more tackles, fumble less. By all reports he'd turned the corner with his work ethic earlier in the season before inj'd. We need more dangerous players, & Pickett is that also. Let's get him as well if we can.

Sco80

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
He'd only need 1 touch a game to have more impact than Blair / witches hat / garden knome, take your pick. Blair is not dangerous to the opposition, no threat.

With Blair's existence, we've foregone Kennedy, and arguably overlooked Caleb Daniel.

I'd rather get a 'lazy' Jarrod Pickett to replace Blair - he'd have more toe, more skill, kick more goals, stick more tackles, fumble less. By all reports he'd turned the corner with his work ethic earlier in the season before inj'd. We need more dangerous players, & Pickett is that also. Let's get him as well if we can.
We can't get everyone. But your right. Blair is not effective enough for a small forward

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Exhibit A why Collingwood wins Premierships every 50 years.[/QUOTE]
Not to be pedantic but wasn't the past few premiership gaps

20 years, 32 years, 5 years, 17 years, back to back, 5 years, four in a row, 8 years, 2 years, 7 years, 7 years, back to back, and 6 years.

Last edited:

Anti-Blair rants aside, WHE is garbage. He's been in the system for 5 years with nothing to show for it, and for some reason some people like yourself still rate him as some kind of amazing impact player. He's not Cyril Rioli who can light a game up with 10 touches on a frequent basis. He's a guy who's had less than a handful of decent games, a ton of below average ones, has one of the worst DE% in the league and is injury prone to boot.

I'd give Pickett a go as he hasn't had a decent run at it and is only second year, but WHE is close to worthless as it stands. Giving up anything worthwhile for him stinks of J O'Rourke MK II.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

The Pied Piper

Senior List
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anti-Blair rants aside, WHE is garbage. He's been in the system for 5 years with nothing to show for it, and for some reason some people like yourself still rate him as some kind of amazing impact player. He's not Cyril Rioli who can light a game up with 10 touches on a frequent basis. He's a guy who's had less than a handful of decent games, a ton of below average ones, has one of the worst DE% in the league and is injury prone to boot.

I'd give Pickett a go as he hasn't had a decent run at it and is only second year, but WHE is close to worthless as it stands. Giving up anything worthwhile for him stinks of J O'Rourke MK II.

I wouldn't cough up too much for him, & I'm not over-rating him, he's not 'the answer', but I think he can add some x-factor to our list which we don't have. With his avge track record with injuries, a late 2nd rounder at best should do it.

Should Blair & Brown leave via free agency, Cloke, Witts, possibly but hopefully not Broomhead, Cloke, we should have a few ample picks in the right range to get him, with plenty left in hand.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Exhibit A why Collingwood wins Premierships every 50 years.

20 years, 32 years, 5 years, 17 years, back to back, 5 years, four in a row, 8 years, 2 years, 7 years, 7 years, back to back, and 6 years.[/QUOTE]

image.jpeg

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
If we can't get him lets get some classy Aboriginal players in the forward, midfield and back line.
We need some desperately.
Varcoe can't do it all by himself.
We obviously could do with a few more classy players in our side, but (just for the record) Fremantle (with 9), Port Adelaide (8) and Gold Coast (7) were the clubs with the most indigenous players on their list in 2016.

If we can't get him lets get some classy Aboriginal players in the forward, midfield and back line.
We need some desperately.
Varcoe can't do it all by himself.

This sort of post really annoys. There is this racist stereotype whereby there is an infinite number of fast skillful aborigines ready to take the football world by storm - particularly forward pockets. There is this assumption that Aborignal players by their very nature are blessed with amazing skill and are lightning quick. Admittedly the three forward pockets who I consider to be being the best in the league - Betts, Cyril and Walters are aboriginal stars who fit the stereotype, but how many other Aboriginal forward pockets would you love to have at the Pies. In fact I don't think that a difference making aboriginal forward pocket has been drafted by any club in the last 7 years - yet every we hear complaints that we didn't pick up a brilliant indigenous forward pocket - ignoring the fact that no other club did either.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love us to draft the next Cyril, the next Winmar, Andrew Mcleod, Eddie Betts, Adam Goodes, etc. jeez so would every other club, but it rarely happens, because unlike the stereotype, there is a finite number of elite aboriginal prospects in the draft each year and that finite number is very small - some years it's zero.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Hoskin Elliott would be good for the future team going forward to play with the likes of Treloar Adams and Aish.
Harvey would be good for 2017 to help raise our spirits under Buckley.

Hoskin Elliott would be good for the future team going forward to play with the likes of Treloar Adams and Aish.
Harvey would be good for 2017 to help raise our spirits under Buckley.

Where would he play though? Our midfield is already stacked, especially if we get WHE.

Stick him in the forward line behind Cox and hope he kicks a bag you reckon?

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Where would he play though? Our midfield is already stacked, especially if we get WHE.

Stick him in the forward line behind Cox and hope he kicks a bag you reckon?
You need about 8 midfeilders in todays footy the game is just a bunch of players following the ball around, he would fit in to our 8 man midfeild.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

20 years, 32 years, 5 years, 17 years, back to back, 5 years, four in a row, 8 years, 2 years, 7 years, 7 years, back to back, and 6 years.

View attachment 280862[/QUOTE]
You know I was only going tongue in cheek.
We have had limited success in decades, that's poor for a so called big club.
Way too limited.
Salut

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Back