Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a good point actually.

Either way, WHE is easily worth a second rubbery
rounder. Looks a very good player in the making.
But it also means we could potentially have drafted a needed KPP in Wooller at 39.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
When I first heard WHE was coming to Collingwood I was absolutely stoked, oozes talent, will come into his own this year and show everyone why the high draft position. IMHO
Because talent is talent.

Ageee oozes it

But it also means we could potentially have drafted a needed KPP in Wooller at 39.

IF we had the List Space. Going on the List Numbers we would of Draft Tyler Brown at 39 as we had NO spare list spot left for someone like Wooler.

Though we could of De-Listed another Player to pick someone like Wooler at 39

IF we had the List Space. Going on the List Numbers we would of Draft Tyler Brown at 39 as we had NO spare list spot left for someone like Wooler.

Though we could of De-Listed another Player to pick someone like Wooler at 39
We had an extra list spot available Dave, but the club chose to run with a list of 39 because they felt that there was no talent available worth taking with our fourth pick. If our 3rd pick was 39 there’s every chance we would have grabbed Wooller or Hayes or another of the decent talents available around that mark and then used our last pick on Brown.

We had an extra list spot available Dave, but the club chose to run with a list of 39 because they felt that there was no talent available worth taking with our fourth pick. If our 3rd pick was 39 there’s every chance we would have grabbed Wooller or Hayes or another of the decent talents available around that mark and then used our last pick on Brown.

Thanks for the Reminder.

So you been Happy to take Hayes with him being a Ruckman?

We most likely gone Tall but that is not 100% Sure

Thanks for the Reminder.

So you been Happy to take Hayes with him being a Ruckman?

We most likely gone Tall but that is not 100% Sure
Hayes is more of a ruckman than a forward, true. But with a later pick I’d have had no issue grabbing him. He was regarded as a first round prospect for much of the year after all. Even if we couldn’t fit him in the team there was the possibility of developing him and trading him for some good currency in the future.

My objection to Hayes was always that we shouldn’t use a first rounder on him, not that he wasn’t a good player.

Good Degoe

4 Flags in a row, imagine that
Nov 25, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
Flanked by the future

DQfLC8VWkAELUgE.jpg

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Somebody

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aish is probably one of those players who will from now on have to develop a manically intense game style like a Gavin Brown or Tony Shaw, in order to (maybe) reach the heights. Otherwise perhaps will become a fringe plodder.
I said at the start of the year that he would put a smile on a lot of Collingwood faces.
Occasionally I get one right.

Ummm I did also say Aish would do the same.
Oh well 1 out of 2 aint terrible.

Good Degoe

4 Flags in a row, imagine that
Nov 25, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aish is probably one of those players who will from now on have to develop a manically intense game style like a Gavin Brown or Tony Shaw, in order to (maybe) reach the heights. Otherwise perhaps will become a fringe plodder.
He's got something in the way he moves but it hasn't come together yet, like you said, needs to go berko

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was terrified when I saw this thread bumped. But congrats Will!

June babies are bad news for footballers. Hopefully his baby is thoughtful enough to arrive midweek!
He is all about team, so be all during week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back