Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Was an AA HBF as a junior for memory, and he has never looked like a natural forward.
Thought so, I don't understand why we always do this, we recruit promising junior forwards and play them as defenders and vice versa, I don't mind trialling it but do it in the two's and when it works play them in the seniors.

Thought so, I don't understand why we always do this, we recruit promising junior forwards and play them as defenders and vice versa, I don't mind trialling it but do it in the two's and when it works play them in the seniors.
Yep. Right when we had the chance to recruit a promising ready to go forward in our palm.... we recruited a defender to play forward...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was an AA HBF as a junior for memory, and he has never looked like a natural forward.

Represented WA at the carnival but I didn’t think he made the AA team.

Yep. Right when we had the chance to recruit a promising ready to go forward in our palm.... we recruited a defender to play forward...

Who was this ready to go forward we overlooked to select Ruscoe?

fairly sure we traded the pick that the Giants used to pick him.

We did, but that was during trade week I'd thought.

EDIT: just checked, done on day 2 of the draft.

Last edited:
yep...so we had multiple chances late in the draft to take Riccardi, we were desperate for a tall forward, and passed on all of em...

Some posters were desperate, seems the club less so.

Ruscoe deserves to be given a run as a defender, it'll suit him a lot more.

All ive seen of him is losing his feet. I actually worry about seeing him in the backline. Plus our backline is stacked anyway. I dont think there is a spot for him

the club took one 12 months later, and even said we needed a developing KPF so... it’s a clear mistake, don’t try to deny it.

Yep, they did add one during the draft last year. With our 5th live pick in the 2020 draft. Doesn't scream urgency to me. We added Cameron during the 2019 trade period who seems better suited to the ruck than as a KPF. Had the mid-season draft to add another. Took Noble. Not sure he qualifies as a developing KPF. Add Wilson and Dunn in the preseason and rookie drafts, and McMahon becomes our 8th pick post Ruscoe. You see it as a mistake, club clearly didn't/don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back