Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Will play next week I reckon. Theories that the faster ball movement will help his consistency of output have merit… but I’m not convinced

With his skill set…Needs to average 18-20 touches and 0.75- 1 goal a game to be worth persisting with

Otherwise just play youth instead

Will play next week I reckon. Theories that the faster ball movement will help his consistency of output have merit… but I’m not convinced

With his skill set…Needs to average 18-20 touches and 0.75- 1 goal a game to be worth persisting with

Otherwise just play youth instead

In what role?

I’m not a fan… but credit where it’s due, he’s been better in recent weeks

It’s essential that he hits the scoreboard… otherwise his 13 touches a week on their own don’t cut it
He's playing low possession roles well. Things happen when WHE gets the footy - no danger of getting dropped.

It’s when he hits the scoreboard that turns poor or average games into good ones. He was outstanding yesterday

Nah. People are just fickle. Has kicked goals in all but 3 games this year. Only difference yesterday was he didn’t appear to venture as far out of F50.

Attachments

• 757EF874-AA28-436F-8841-7FB03B93DCD1.png
    757EF874-AA28-436F-8841-7FB03B93DCD1.png
    1 MB · Views: 44
Nah, he’s been really consistent all year. People just feel a need to downplay his contribution more often than not.
Disagree. I think his occasional goal was camouflaging some very insipid games. I want him to succeed and have no agenda. He was involved and up and about in a way he hasn't been in recent weeks. If I wanted to downplay his past efforts why would I suddenly change my tune? I could continue to say the same thing.

Disagree. I think his occasional goal was camouflaging some very insipid games. I want him to succeed and have no agenda. He was involved and up and about in a way he hasn't been in recent weeks. If I wanted to downplay his past efforts why would I suddenly change my tune? I could continue to say the same thing.

Happy for you to disagree. My comment on downplaying his contribution was a general observation, not aimed at anyone specifically, just the routine hyperbole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked Better up Forward then on the Wing
I've always thought that. He's always pretty low in terms of possession, but he makes them pay when he gets his hands on the footy in the front half. I do think he could play defence though.

I've always thought that. He's always pretty low in terms of possession, but he makes them pay when he gets his hands on the footy in the front half. I do think he could play defence though.

Yeah I doubt could shut a Player Down.

Also is a Reliable Shot for Goal

Yeah I doubt could shut a Player Down.

Also is a Reliable Shot for Goal
With Elliott, WHE and Ginnivan we've got a few who are deadly kicks for goal. If Brodie and Henry can gain consistency, we'll be one of the most accurate teams for the first time that I can remember.

With Elliott, WHE and Ginnivan we've got a few who are deadly kicks for goal. If Brodie and Henry can gain consistency, we'll be one of the most accurate teams for the first time that I can remember.

Also Mccreery is arguably the best kick in our forward line. He just doesn5 get enough of it. Cameron too has a good reliable set shot technique.

Edit… oops Cameron has already been mentioned

Nah, he’s been really consistent all year. People just feel a need to downplay his contribution more often than not.

All WHE did differently was kick two goals instead of one. He has been consistently good all year and right on most of his career averages.

I've had enough of Will Hoskin-Elliott. Today was the last straw. He soccers the ball instead of trying to possess it because he's afraid of contact. He kicked the ball out on the full twice because he flinched at pressure. In the last quarter, with the game on the line, he half arses a marking contest attempting a chest mark, lets his opponent mark the ball and walk it out of defence. It's time he spends some time in the VFL.

I've had enough of Will Hoskin-Elliott. Today was the last straw. He soccers the ball instead of trying to possess it because he's afraid of contact. He kicked the ball out on the full twice because he flinched at pressure. In the last quarter, with the game on the line, he half arses a marking contest attempting a chest mark, lets his opponent mark the ball and walk it out of defence. It's time he spends some time in the VFL.
How he hasn't been dropped once in the last 3 years is completely beyond me. He is dead wood and quite honestly he has to know he's fighting for his career this season. Show him the door.

Very overrated player. Get one good game from him every 6 weeks…

Yep I’m done. Was done a while ago truth be told but today just made me angry!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back