Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Why let him die on the half forward flank, where he's clearly been dying for 18 months. The game has moved away from forwards like WHE. Give him a run in defence.
Good defenders need courage, basic desire and 1v1 skills, defensive instincts, accountability, tackling strength. Somehow I'm not seeing these traits in Will Hoskin Elliot. Would be badly exposed very quickly.

Had the one highlight with one of the few kicks into our F50 that hit a target. Had a 'mare otherwise and his spot should seriously be questioned...something tells me he'll be safe though

Is completely bereft of confidence or impact at the moment. He simply must be dropped.
I’ve been a fan in the past but I’ve had a gut full of him this year. He needs a spell.

He outright squibbed it on the wing at one stage last night, pulled out of a mark when he heard footsteps.

I’ve been a fan in the past but I’ve had a gut full of him this year. He needs a spell.

He outright squibbed it on the wing at one stage last night, pulled out of a mark when he heard footsteps.

His missed *unopposed* mark in the 2nd was the turning point of the game. At that point we were 4 goals up. Lions quickly packed on next 3 before half time and game was back in the balance.

That's a coach killer. I understand he's one of Buck's love childs, but that will be the effort that finally breaks up this relationship. I'd be stunned if he's not in the 2's next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most frightening thing is this blokes has 2 years left to run on his deal.

this is why the club is going down the toilet so fast.

fu** derek hine is sh*t
Should be playing for North. How this bloke keeps his spot is one of this years great mysteries. F joke!

While not always a forward, a tall, skinny Ken Hinkley could play extremely well at either end, and consistently. Michael Tuck and Daryll White come to mind as well. WHE looks very comfortable doing next to nothing and not getting hurt. At the end of the game, he was having a bit of a laugh with a team-mate. Doesn't sit well. The Bulldogs have dropped their vice-captain because of poor form. Surely, that's how it set a proper tone?

Was the game ever suited to forwards his type? I can’t remember too many rangey forwards starring consistently through my lifetime.

WHE is an enigma. His perfectly-weighted kick on the run to set up Sidebottom’s goal in Q1 was elite. We have very few other players in the team who could have executed it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WHE is an enigma. His perfectly-weighted kick on the run to set up Sidebottom’s goal in Q1 was elite. We have very few other players in the team who could have executed it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The longer his career extends, the less enigmatic he seems to be. He provides very few examples of play from which to judge his talent, courage or tenacity. In the end, it's the lack of kicks, marks, handballs and tackles that best represent the status of his current performance. Whatever he might have once threatened to be, he no longer seems either keen or capable of becoming.

Sidebottom gave him an absolute mouthful after that too.

Will be very tense in the locker room, every footy player knows its awful having a teammate like WHE

Sidebottom gave him an absolute mouthful after that too.

Will be very tense in the locker room, every footy player knows its awful having a teammate like WHE
Interesting, there's no worse feeling as a player to get called out by a team mate for lacking courage, i know because i got it every week :) made me do some crazy s**t, running head first back into packs to prove i wasn't soft, end of thr day you are who you are, i was kidding myself, everyone can do it when you're backed up against a wall, real players don't even think about, they just do it.

If only we could transplant Cal Browns head onto WHE's body, would be a win/win.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back