Player Watch Will Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you sure about that? I thought he was playing colts last year.
"After selecting Callum Brown at last year's draft via the academy/father-son bidding system, Collingwood will also be able to take his younger brother Tyler this season."

accordingly to the above article

Are you sure about that? I thought he was playing colts last year.

Article says this year. Doesn't make it so. Just can't trust the media.

"After selecting Callum Brown at last year's draft via the academy/father-son bidding system, Collingwood will also be able to take his younger brother Tyler this season."

Hmmm. Seems odd that Callum would spend 2 years in the TAC program and Tyler only 1. Unless some funny business is going on...

Hmmm. Seems odd that Callum would spend 2 years in the TAC program and Tyler only 1. Unless some funny business is going on...
Yeah when I read that article I thought it was a bit strange also. Another one kept under wraps or is he really not as good?

You mean the same funny business that kept Josh Daicos under the radar of opposition recruiters? But that would never happen.:)

Yeah when I read that article I thought it was a bit strange also. Another one kept under wraps or is he really not as good?

Daicos only played 1 Season of TAC Cup Footy

Callum Twomey I find accurate. I think he even checks his stuff before printing.
Fancy that, journalists checking facts....... can't have that

You mean the same funny business that kept Josh Daicos under the radar of opposition recruiters? But that would never happen.:)
Josh Daicos never heard of him till the draft..... ;) ;) ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this thread should at least be given a new title, as the article that encouraged it clearly refers to Will Kelly as a 2018 Father Son Prospect.

After talking about this year's F-S prospects (including Tyler Brown for the Pies) it goes on to say:-
Some clubs will already be looking towards next year's father-son pool, with more names on the radar in 2018.

Mason Fletcher, described as a 'clone' of his father Dustin, will play for the Calder Cannons, as will Rhylee West, who is tied to the Western Bulldogs through his dad Scott.

Ben Silvagni will be able to join brother Jack as a father-son choice at Carlton, Will Kelly (son of Collingwood premiership defender Craig) could also join his brother Jake in the AFL, and Zac Hart, the son of former Crow Ben, is eligible to join Adelaide.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-09/jackson-edwards-headlines-2017-fatherson-crop

I think this thread should at least be given a new title, as the article that encouraged it clearly refers to Will Kelly as a 2018 Father Son Prospect.

After talking about this year's F-S prospects (including Tyler Brown for the Pies) it goes on to say:-
Some clubs will already be looking towards next year's father-son pool, with more names on the radar in 2018.

Mason Fletcher, described as a 'clone' of his father Dustin, will play for the Calder Cannons, as will Rhylee West, who is tied to the Western Bulldogs through his dad Scott.

Ben Silvagni will be able to join brother Jack as a father-son choice at Carlton, Will Kelly (son of Collingwood premiership defender Craig) could also join his brother Jake in the AFL, and Zac Hart, the son of former Crow Ben, is eligible to join Adelaide.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-09/jackson-edwards-headlines-2017-fatherson-crop
Sorry i missed that line in the article.
Have made the change:)

I'm fairly confident Craig has no ill will towards Collingwood over his first son not being drafted by us, so hopefully his next son is good enough for us to use a pick on.
We also had another son (Max Kelly) on our VFL List (Development List) in 2016. I'm not sure if he played any games, however. I'm also not sure if he's remaining with the club in 2017, but given that he's already turned 19 he's seemingly not well regarded as a draft prospect. Craig was quite prolific when it came to producing sons, it's a pity Peter Moore couldn't have emulated him!

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/season/vfl/vfl-players-2015/max-kelly

Date of Birth: 6/12/1997

Background: A relation to Collingwood premiership glory, Max Kelly is the son of 122-game Magpie Craig 'Ned' Kelly. Max is a raw yet talented 18-year-old. He played school football for Scotch College in 2015 and will remain with Scotch's under 19 team in 2016. This will mix with time spent amongst the Collingwood VFL group as he looks to grow his game and move beyond the development list going forward.

strange last name, where did he come from.
Just a lucky dip I think.

Apparantly his dad named Peter I think it was, he was ok in local footy or reserves or something
Name rings a bell.....

Just a lucky dip I think.

Apparantly his dad named Peter I think it was, he was ok in local footy or reserves or something
Name rings a bell.....

Peter was a VFL superstar but I think couldn't cut it at AFL level...

Peter was a VFL superstar but I think couldn't cut it at AFL level...
I think that's right, or did he play some games but was always kicking the ball in curves, angles, bounces, weird spins...
Nah was never going to work out....

Folks I know were joking about Daicos.

But wow he was soooooooooo goood - genius with a football

So young Josh,no pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back