Player Watch Will Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate, he played a key role in the first AFL Premiership:)

Nearly Kicked the Ton that Year. Fell 3 Short.

I wonder IF anyone in the last Qtr of the 1990 GF was Thinking of Daicos was 3 Short of the Ton?

I think there's either a younger Daicos or a Brown that is the pick of all of em.. I think the next Daicos coming through is the one worth waiting for.. I just can't recall where I read it. Can anyone confirm on the younger Daics?
Yeah Nick Daicos will be available in 2018 draft supposedly best in the country at the age of 14 i read somewhere i think see how he progresses

Yeah Nick Daicos will be available in 2018 draft supposedly best in the country at the age of 14 i read somewhere i think see how he progresses
Yep that's the one.. apparently a superstar in the making. I read it somewhere.. or i think i watched a clip on it.. with the father/son academy we've got going. Wish i could locate it again.

Yep that's the one.. apparently a superstar in the making. I read it somewhere.. or i think i watched a clip on it.. with the father/son academy we've got going. Wish i could locate it again.

Won player of the carnival in the u14s in 2015 and as far as I'm aware had another good season although went a bit quieter on the news front. The problem is there are many kids that dominate early days as a 13/14/15 yo but aren't typically the same ones who are dominat at 17/18 in their draft year.
In saying that the signs are looking good from the little I've read.

Not sure but I think it's 2021 draft he is eligible.

Also going off this recent pick he looks to only be a few inches off his brother already despite a 3-4 year age gap (fairly sure it's Nick in white shirt and Black watch next to their mum).

CyG7vbXUAAA469c.jpg

Last edited:
Do you mean this video?:- http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-09-26/peter-daicos-academy-update

It's a couple of years old now, however.

I think young Nick is at least 4 years away from draft age, possibly 5 as he may have only turned 14 early this year. If that's correct 2021 would be his draft year. I posted this in another thread a couple of months back, an old post on Nick's suggests he may have turned 14 in early January:-

It seems Nick Daicos was born in 2003 (in the first week or so of January), so he must still only be 13 at the moment, and not draft eligible until 2021!!! That DreamTeam will have to wait a while yet!

This was posted on Nick's Bulletin Board (Wed Jan 08, 2003):-
Congratulations
smile.gif
to Peter Daicos and Colleen on the birth of Nicholas Stanley Daicos who is now the younger brother of Madeline and Joshua.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/josh-daicos.1153012/page-7#post-47955276

Do you mean this video?:- http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-09-26/peter-daicos-academy-update

It's a couple of years old now, however.

I think young Nick is at least 4 years away from draft age, possibly 5 as he may have only turned 14 early this year. If that's correct 2021 would be his draft year. I posted this in another thread a couple of months back, an old post on Nick's suggests he may have turned 14 in early January:-

It seems Nick Daicos was born in 2003 (in the first week or so of January), so he must still only be 13 at the moment, and not draft eligible until 2021!!! That DreamTeam will have to wait a while yet!

This was posted on Nick's Bulletin Board (Wed Jan 08, 2003):-
Congratulations
smile.gif
to Peter Daicos and Colleen on the birth of Nicholas Stanley Daicos who is now the younger brother of Madeline and Joshua.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/josh-daicos.1153012/page-7#post-47955276

Yeah makes sense as he won player of the carnival as an UNDERAGER, so as 12 yo was showing up 13 and 14 year olds. Which is no small feat massive difference in size, speed and strength etc between a 12 yo and 14 yo. Thats a lot of physical development his football talent had to make up for.

Yeah makes sense as he won player of the carnival as an UNDERAGER, so as 12 yo was showing up 13 and 14 year olds. Which is no small feat massive difference in size, speed and strength etc between a 12 yo and 14 yo. Thats a lot of physical development his football talent had to make up for.
There's going to be one helluva buildup over the next few years if he keeps on impressing at junior level, if Josh does well it will be even bigger. We do have quite a wait on our hands before we can claim Nick, though it seems!

I'm pretty sure Nick won't be draft eligible until 2019 or 20. He's quite a bit younger than Josh.

Edit: beaten to it. 2021 it seems!

There's going to be one helluva buildup over the next few years if he keeps on impressing at junior level, if Josh does well it will be even bigger. We do have quite a wait on our hands before we can claim Nick, though it seems!

He will be a bit taller then Josh too it seems if you look in the pic above, might even end up with KPF Daicos.:eek:

In the mean time it looks like Josh is going to be a quality player too.

Imo any former player named Peter should go back for 1 moore!:p:D

He will be a bit taller then Josh too it seems if you look in the pic above, might even end up with KPF Daicos.:eek:

In the mean time it looks like Josh is going to be a quality player too.

Imo any former player named Peter should go back for 1 moore!:p:D
Yeah, I said something along those lines on the first page of this thread! Given that Craig Kelly was able to produce three sons in about 5 years, it would have been nice if Peter Moore had another boy or two, Daicos too, of course. Perhaps his daughter can be a star for the women's team down the track!

I'm pretty sure Nick won't be draft eligible until 2019 or 20. He's quite a bit younger than Josh.

Edit: beaten to it. 2021 it seems!
I'm hoping he was born late in 2002 as opposed to early 2003 as it would obviously mean he was available for drafting a year earlier, and that the person who posted the congratulations (on Nick's all those years ago) to Peter and his wife was a bit late in finding out that news!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder IF anyone in the last Qtr of the 1990 GF was Thinking of Daicos was 3 Short of the Ton?
Nobody was or nobody was enough to even think of passing to him

I'm hoping he was born late in 2002 as opposed to early 2003 as it would obviously mean he was available for drafting a year earlier, and that the person who posted the congratulations (on Nick's all those years ago) to Peter and his wife was a bit late in finding out that news!
No, he was definitely born in January unfortunately.

Where can young Nick be seen in action? Though in this day and age a single male rocking up to an under 14's game would feel like a pedophile. Unless you're a Nightmare or a snoop or something relatively reputable.

I am pretty sure Nick often plays in the grades above his age group so likely see him in u/16s games from time to time.

Hopefully we get some info from scouts or friends, family or teammates parents who get to watch him on how he tracks over the next few years.

Tyler Brown also eligible this year
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s/news-story/7523c6d65dafd280f6f82adf947bcde9

Collingwood fans also have another Brown to keep track of this year, with Tyler, son of premiership player Gavin and younger brother of Callum, making the final 52-man squad.

Tyler, a spitting image for Callum only taller, is overcoming a hamstring injury suffered in the pre-season but looms as a half-forward prospect.

“He shows a bit and that he has a fair bit of footy knowledge,” Bewick said.

“He just needs a little bit of self-belief I think and if we can get that out of him we might have half a player.”

If Tyler brown has a hamstring injury
He will fit right in

I was there, and the only thing I was thinking was please don't stuff this up Pies!

I was there, and the only thing I was thinking was please don't stuff this up Pies!
Exactly
I was just counting down the time clock thinking quarter goes 30 mins or so and they the bombers doing nothing we getting closer and closer to winning

Exactly
I was just counting down the time clock thinking quarter goes 30 mins or so and they the bombers doing nothing we getting closer and closer to winning

It wasn't until Leigh came down to the boundary that I realised we would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back