Player Watch Will Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s 16/17 he could have a little more growth in and be another 2-3cms taller by this time next year.

Anyone seen him play?
Only played 1 TAC game this year so he’s a bit of an unknown unless anyone has been following school footy.

Kelly, for sure - can play on different-sized opponents, can get the ball and has composure with it.
Stewart, not so much, even though talls are an obvious need.
Stewart probably would have been no worse a choice than Gault as it has turned out though.
It would be nice if young Will could grow an inch or 2 he would then definitely be a key position prospect then either forward or back,probably back though his dad went alright at chb imv.

Yep that's the one.. apparently a superstar in the making. I read it somewhere.. or i think i watched a clip on it.. with the father/son academy we've got going. Wish i could locate it again.
Heres a snippet of a HS article on Nick's potential.....mouth watering to eventually have two Daicos's in the one team even though it's several years away.
LOCAL FOOTY
Nick Daicos, son of Collingwood great Peter, wins Yarra Junior Football League under-15 best-and-fairest
Toby Prime, Progress Leader
August 23, 2017 3:55pm
ANOTHER father-son might be bound for Collingwood with the youngest son of a Magpies great impressing in the junior ranks.

Nick Daicos, the 14-year-old son of Peter Daicos, was named the Yarra Junior Football League’s under-15 best-and-fairest on Tuesday night, completing a dream week for the Daicos family after Josh made his Collingwood debut on Saturday against Geelong.

Nick, playing for Kew Rovers, was still eligible for the under-14s competition this year but played above his age group, polling 26 votes from 13 games.

RELATED: Collingwood could add another father-son to its list with Nick Daicos impressing in the juniors

Kew coaching director Tony Free said Nick could follow in his older brother and famous father’s footsteps to wear the black and white stripes.

So Will Kelly is 193 cm tall according to Afldraftcentral . Big boy for a under age!

Hopefully he can grow another few centimetres in the next 12 months. 195-196cm is a nice height for a KP player.

Surprised we haven’t already made up a welcome to Collingwood Will Kelly as Hine has pretty much telegraphed that we want and will take him!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully he can grow another few centimetres in the next 12 months. 195-196cm is a nice height for a KP player.

Surprised we haven’t already made up a welcome to Collingwood Will Kelly as Hine has pretty much telegraphed that we want and will take him!

Don't worry I'm pretty sure Dave has it pre typed.

It wasn't until Leigh came down to the boundary that I realised we would win.

Pants throwing the footy in the air for me.

Question, seeing how we passed on his brother does Will have to agree to be taken as a FS? He mightn't want to play for us.
I don’t know any younger brothers who want bragging rights over their older siblings... not at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question, seeing how we passed on his brother does Will have to agree to be taken as a FS? He mightn't want to play for us.
Jake and his Dad have no ill will towards the club so I can’t see that happening. Given that Hine was willing to mention him in the post trade video as a prospect for next year you’d assume he’s already told the club he’s keen to come.

If he’s 16/17 he could have a little more growth in and be another 2-3cms taller by this time next year.

Anyone seen him play?
I have a number of times this year for Scotch.
He definitely improved over the course of the year as a key defender. Really capable overhead and knew how to kill an aerial contest. He played against one of the Kings when they played Haileybury and was more than competitive aerially. Became more confident as in intercept player as the season wore on. If he continues on that improvement trajectory and grows 2-3 more centimetres he is an enticing prospect. Moves pretty well laterally also.

Don't worry I'm pretty sure Dave has it pre typed.
Now now
Dave doesn't do pre typed.

He just flings out

Welcome X

More to follow.....

Pants throwing the footy in the air for me.
I remember that whole last quarter looking at the clock constantly.....

Tick tick tick.....

Let’s hope these 3-4 FS & NGA kids can blow the AFL away and we get lucky for a change and yes Lynch would be the dream on top

What’s the article in the HS about Hawks to trump Pies for Lynch?

Buckenarra's biased comments again....thinks if Hawks make the 8 next year and we don't then it puts them in the box seat.....I honestly think Lynch will only play for us IF he returns to VIC. We will contend for a top 8 spot next year provided we finally get a good run with injuries.

He definitely improved over the course of the year as a key defender. Really capable overhead and knew how to kill an aerial contest. He played against one of the Kings when they played Haileybury and was more than competitive aerially. Became more confident as in intercept player as the season wore on. If he continues on that improvement trajectory and grows 2-3 more centimetres he is an enticing prospect. Moves pretty well laterally also.
Yay, I’m actually glad he’s a defender. I wasn’t sure how we could fit him in the forward line if we got Lynch and had Moore and Cox too.

Buckenarra's biased comments again....thinks if Hawks make the 8 next year and we don't then it puts them in the box seat.....I honestly think Lynch will only play for us IF he returns to VIC. We will contend for a top 8 spot next year provided we finally get a good run with injuries.
Buckenara, never misses giving to Collingwood and praising Hawthorn.
Just how he rolls.

My understanding our talks with Lynch are long going.... these things are often prepared well in advance

Thanks for the info, was he key defender or more of a Goldsack medium type

Wow Buckenara really doesn’t understand how these things work? What a rookie!

I'd love to say it was as soon as Daic's first goal....but it was when Rowdy came back on and bounced straight back in front of Terry Daniher's face....I KNEW THEN.
It was Sir Douglas of Barwick for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back