Player Watch Will Kelly (Delisted 2023)

I am reliably told that this kid is gold btw.

That comes directly from the Metro coach who I'm good mates with.

Says we are the biggest winners this year with our rights to IQ and Kelly. We should be pinching ourselves.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Says we are the biggest winners this year with our rights to IQ and Kelly. We should be pinching ourselves.

Are you having a dig at Craig Kelly? :mad::p

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins

I think we've got bang for our buck. The kids GC got look exceptional though.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Yes pinch is apt for a Kelly

Love it

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Welcome aboard, son of Ned!

Hopefully he pisses off opposition forwards as much as his dad did.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
pretty good result so far, Will Kelly, IQ and Beams.....

Yeah, in the context of us being the runner-up it's been a pretty incredible off-season and we havent' had to completely mortgage our future. Maybe compromised it a little bit.

But I doubt we'd give a s**t if we managed to snag a flag next year given how young our team is.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Welcome Will, great news.

Dad will be proud.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Welcome to Collingwood: Will Kelly
Nov 23, 2018 12:15PM

Selection No. 29 – Will Kelly

Position: Defender
Height: 196cm
Weight: 87kg
Recruited from: Oakleigh U18

An athletic tall defender who has the ability to play one-on-one and negate his direct opponent. Grew in confidence playing for Vic Metro this year, reading the angles well with his intercept marking. As the son of Collingwood premiership player Craig Kelly, he is eligible for the Magpies as a father-son selection.

2018 TAC Cup statistics
Club: Oakleigh U18
Games: 9
Average Disposals: 13.4
Average Marks: 4.6
Average Round 50s: 2.2
Average Tackles: 1.5

Did you know?

• The defender has modelled his game on Collingwood star Jeremy Howe, who he spent time training alongside during the 2017/2018 pre-season
  • Kelly’s brother, Jake, plays for Adelaide. He played a handful of games for the Magpies’ VFL team as a top-up player in 2013
  • Playing for Scotch College, he played most of his school football in attack, but is primarily a backman
  • He played the final four games of the TAC Cup season, including Oakleigh’s Grand Final loss to Dandenong, with a stress fracture in his ankle

181123_kelly620a.png

Will Kelly will follow in his famous father Craig's footsteps in representing Collingwood.

What they say

“A tall athletic defender who has the ability to play one-on- one and defend his direct opponent. Grew in confidence playing for Vic Metro in the National Under-18 Championships, reading the angles well with his intercept marking. Had an excellent year for the Chargers averaging 13.4 disposals and 4.6 marks across nine matches. Son of Collingwood premiership player Craig Kelly and an eligible father-son selection for the Magpies,” – Kevin Sheehan
(AFL Talent Ambassador), AFL.com.au, November 2018

“As his confidence grows and grows, how I picture him is a more co-ordinated Matt Scarlett — that’s how important he could be to a team,” – Leigh Clarke (Oakleigh U18 coach), Leader Newspapers, July 2018

“Demonstrating a playing style not dissimilar to a young Will Schofield, Kelly also possesses speed and enjoys taking on the game with his run. His closing speed allows him to stick close to opposition forwards and in one-on-one contests he is competitive and rarely beaten,” – Chris Doerre (ESPN draft expert), ESPN.com.au, July 2018

What he says

“When you see the (Collingwood) supporter base at games you realise what it means to people and it would be amazing to be in that environment,” – Will Kelly
, afl.com.au, October 2018.

“(Having a father who played and worked in the AFL industry) has taught me a lot about the personality you need to walk into an AFL club. The work ethic and organisation, but also the open-mindedness and being open to all the different types of boys that come in,” – Will Kelly, told to Fox Sports’ Ben Waterworth, November 2018.

181123_kelly620b.png

Craig Kelly played 122 games for Collingwood between 1989 and 1996

AusMC

Debutant
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Pretty good result with our picks, welcome WK!

Back