Player Watch Will Kelly (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how proud dad and mum are of their boy.

Parents’ love.

Will Kelly

Joins our other father sons:

Josh Daicos
Callum Brown
Tyler Brown
Darcy Moore

And to come:

Nick Daicos
Two x Buckley a jet and an Ayce

GCS do have a Jonestown feel about them.

Great to see you round Gimpy.

Likewise re.

Took a coupla mths off.. travelling and s**t re.. stick around for a week or so.. wish everyone a very merry Christmas and happy and prosperous new yr and will be back in March or so next yr.

Very happy for this pick up. He looks a real prospect and I'm quite surprised not to have read it yet so here it is:

Welcome to Collingwood Cement Head Jr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To all those of you who have asked me why don't you show your face.. well I'm a dentist.. so I can't show you my face.. so I'll show you my bum.
Thanks Rob.

Very happy for this pick up. He looks a real prospect and I'm quite surprised not to have read it yet so here it is:

Welcome to Collingwood Cement Head Jr.
Ahhh, because he has a pretty head.
Not his dad at all, thankfully it’s from mum’s side.

(I’m sure Craig would agree as well.)

That footage suggests Kelly is a good reader of the play, this allows him to intercept, good arm reach, decent field kick, good spoil and what I was most impressed with was good below his knees. Nothing worse than a tall that can't win a ground ball and generates easy crumbs. Some nice attributes to work with there.

Last edited:
Got him for a good price. Hopefully his brother Jake makes it Collingwood at some point down the track.

At 196cm and 87kg he's grown a bit since the start of the season. And may have more in him.

Does he end up a solid full back on the big full forwards? Or more of an early Ben Reid type who takes a second tall and plays more of an intercept game? Happy either way.
Jake is a good ordinary player. I couldn’t care less if he stays at Adelaide for the duration of his career.

Got him for a good price. Hopefully his brother Jake makes it Collingwood at some point down the track.

At 196cm and 87kg he's grown a bit since the start of the season. And may have more in him.

Does he end up a solid full back on the big full forwards? Or more of an early Ben Reid type who takes a second tall and plays more of an intercept game? Happy either way.

Hopefully full back to compliment Moore. Kelly does trend towards being a close checking defender but can intercept too. He looks pretty well rounded actually. Defends well, can intercept, reads the play well, good below his knees.

Imo has the best highlights of the players we drafted, excited to see him develop
For what we really need, particularly longer term, he looks the goods.
To replace Dunn and Reid.

If Moore gets his body right, we might see a formidable duo controlling the back line for a decade.

Supported then by Scharenberg and Langdon with Quaynor and Maynard.
Crisp and Howe.

Seems pretty healthy.

Moore and Kelly sounds very promising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back