Player Watch Will Kelly (Delisted 2023)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are we going to make him a KPF as he been playing there in the VFL?
I’d suggest not the real plan.

Learning his craft.

He does get into the right spots and at times does really good plays.

His core strength and physical maturity should come with natural development.

That’s his weakness at the moment, just the strength part. But gee he’s a tall thing. So it should all fall into place in a season or two hand some strong pre-season work. Remembering this year he was recovering from some operation.

A little patience and he will become the long term Moore partner down back,

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems to have good hands. Thats hard to teach. The rest will come.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems to have good hands. Thats hard to teach. The rest will come.

People need more patience with KPP types, wouldn't expect much before year 3 even then many KPP dpont show any consistency until year 4 or 5. So long as they steadily improve in over years 1-3 .

We see the odd one come in like Naughton or even Moore and everyone expects all KPP to impact as quick but really they are the odd ones out.
Of course we'd all love a freak too.

Mids are much much more likely to impact in the first 3 seasons.

Thedivided

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
In a way we're in a great position where we can let our young kpp develop unlike sides like carlton with weitering and Brisbane when schache was there, he will have time to find confidence and consistency which will hold him in good stead for the future.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's also starting from further back given he come in off surgery and missed most of preseason. Will pay more attention to him next year this year I've all but forgotten about him just let him run out and have a kick whilst adapting and learning.

I actually wonder if we will see a debutante this year?

Isaac was built physically to play out the box but I don't think there in a rush to give him a game and he will likely have to really bash the door down.

He's also starting from further back given he come in off surgery and missed most of preseason. Will pay more attention to him next year this year I've all but forgotten about him just let him run out and have a kick whilst adapting and learning.

I actually wonder if we will see a debutante this year?

Isaac was built physically to play out the box but I don't think there in a rush to give him a game and he will likely have to really bash the door down.
Good point about coming back from injury and missing a good full pre-season.

I must admit last week at Vic Park, I liked what I saw as potential. Needs a bit of muscle but not scared, goes in and think he will be a keeper.

Early call I know but fingers crossed.

Re: IQ, my first thought in the practice match against Melbourne(?), thought he tried to do too much offensively and was not as good defensively (keeping touch with his opponent) but again from the games I have seen live, seems to have improved in that area. If the opportunity presents, I would give him a go depending on who we play.

I haven’t watched him yet, but the reports are that he gets to the right positions but lacks size. Given he’s been playing as a forward, that’s a positive because we all know reading the play is easier down back where your opponent can take you to the ball. If he gets himself to the right spots, has good height and good hands, then you’d think if he applies himself then he’ll get there.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Keen to check him out in person. So will probably make the trip to Vic Park this weekend

Really like the idea of playing him forward. And Magden holding down VFL full back for the rest of the year as he or Goldsack are next cab off the rank if we get an injury to a KPD.

If Kelly can develop into a genuine swingman like Ben Reid I will be wrapped

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I haven’t watched him yet, but the reports are that he gets to the right positions but lacks size. Given he’s been playing as a forward, that’s a positive because we all know reading the play is easier down back where your opponent can take you to the ball. If he gets himself to the right spots, has good height and good hands, then you’d think if he applies himself then he’ll get there.
The lacking size is the strength from my observation.
Height, he’s really tall.

Always looks like he concentrates too; doesn’t game wander, good signs.

Fingers crossed obviously but when you basically need to be basically carried off and given crutches it would indicate that it's pretty severe
Looked pretty high up too, which adds to the concern.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thats off the bone territory unfortunately.

Back