Player Watch Will Kelly (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Injured for most of Year 1. Covid and thus unviewable in Year 2. He's a man of mystery. I feel like a woman who is a bit excited by the aloof mysterious guy standing in the corner.
I guess I have a bit more perspective. Probably seen him play more than most. From his late VFL games last year, to when he got injured. But he was impressive in that last game. To his improvement since this year. The practice VFL games, to the scratch match I saw v saints. To what he has shown at training, and everything else I have read by coaches. I'm quite optimistic. No pressure on him though, first gamers we don't expect much especially ones his age.

But no better time than the present.

I guess I have a bit more perspective. Probably seen him play more than most. From his late VFL games last year, to when he got injured. But he was impressive in that last game. To his improvement since this year. The practice VFL games, to the scratch match I saw v saints. To what he has shown at training, and everything else I have read by coaches. I'm quite optimistic. No pressure on him though, first gamers we don't expect much especially ones his age.

But no better time than the present.
So you're saying he'll kick 6?

Im excited, surprised and a bit apprehensive about his debut.

Excited cause we sure need some KPF talent and an upgrade on Coxy and Checkers, so lets hope Will has the goods.

Surprised cause I saw him in the VFL last year, and a VFL hitout just before lockdown #1, and whilst he showed potential and did some nice things, he looked some way away from being AFL ready. He must really have improved in recent months.

Apprehensive cause he missed most of last season and that improvement has come in VFL scratch matches. The kid has played very little senior footy ion fair dinkum games, The struggles of Treloar and Varcoe last week showed that there is a massive difference in intensity between these scratch matches and the AFL. I worry that we are rushing him in before he is ready...

Honestly don’t care if he barely touches it. It’s as much as Cameron and Cox did in the past fortnight, and I can cop that if it’s a young developing player. Rather see him take that steep learning curve than persist with guys who have been in the system for years and are still not up to it.

Looks different shorn.
[/QUOT
Im excited, surprised and a bit apprehensive about his debut.

Excited cause we sure need some KPF talent and an upgrade on Coxy and Checkers, so lets hope Will has the goods.

Surprised cause I saw him in the VFL last year, and a VFL hitout just before lockdown #1, and whilst he showed potential and did some nice things, he looked some way away from being AFL ready. He must really have improved in recent months.

Apprehensive cause he missed most of last season and that improvement has come in VFL scratch matches. The kid has played very little senior footy ion fair dinkum games, The struggles of Treloar and Varcoe last week showed that there is a massive difference in intensity between these scratch matches and the AFL. I worry that we are rushing him in before he is ready...

Yeah I think we are all a bit wary but maybe it is better to start blooding these types than relying on failures like Cox and Mihocek. Kelly is now the one we have our greatest hopes in for a KPF. He needs to be given time.

Looks different shorn. Will he be our best father and son recruit? Sanderson is such a wrap for him saying he has incredible talent. He could well be the best.
I would rather see his talent for myself get into a lather over the assessment by a Collingwood coach. Of course the club are going to talk him up. I suspect like Tyler Brown he is not yet ready to play AFL footy but won’t be unhappy if he surprises me with a solid performance.

I suppose though it is not that different to when they threw Moore in as a forward. Kelly is older than he was so he might be better prepared than Darcy was.

Honestly don’t care if he barely touches it. It’s as much as Cameron and Cox did in the past fortnight, and I can cop that if it’s a young developing player. Rather see him take that steep learning curve than persist with guys who have been in the system for years and are still not up to it.
Exactly. It'll be a great exposure for it and will know what things he can improve to keep playing at the top level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not til August. I suppose. I guess with Darcy's birthday in January, Will is probably a couple months ahead of him at the time. But its not too much difference.
Yeah but this is Will's second year in the system, Darcy debuted in his 1st, so Will maybe a bit more mature.

Yeah but this is Will's second year in the system, Darcy debuted in his 1st, so Will maybe a bit more mature.
That's true. I guess that is what happens as Darcy was 19 by the start of his first year with his birthday in January, and Will's later in the year.
Will would have been in the gym a fair bit. Not just during those months when he was recovering from his hamstring last year, but the off season and even more so, the covid break; which he has come out like a man, rather than a boy.

And his last VFL game was actually when he got injured last year. So his maturity has come from training and the scratch matches. Think he also played a couple vfl practice games before the season.

Good to see will debut, hope he has a good game, but as apex said and agree, he cannot do much worse than the other two did

I just want us to win. Don't care which tall bloke jumps in a pack without marking it. I'd love Kelly to kick a couple though.

Good to see will debut, hope he has a good game, but as apex said and agree, he cannot do much worse than the other two did

Just has to get a Touch really to be better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back