Votes: 58 34.7%
  • No - Fine

Votes: 91 54.5%
  • No - No Charge

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks are marketable, that is why they're protected.

But if the Hawks keep pushing it their marketability will wane and the AFL will come down on them like a tonne of bricks.
It's nothing to do with marketability but MarkEvansability!

It's nothing to do with marketability but MarkEvansability!

They were doing it all the way back in the franklin/massie final and Evans wasn't working at the AFL then. They have long been allowed to hit and hold off the ball. It's just that teams now are pushing back and they don't like that.

They were doing it all the way back in the franklin/massie final and Evans wasn't working at the AFL then. They have long been allowed to hit and hold off the ball. It's just that teams now are pushing back and they don't like that.

It's hardly just Hawthorn though... was hardly a week went by when Barry Hall wasn't belting someone, but it took him cracking someone in the jaw for the AFL to finally act, even then they contrived to have him come back for the grand final.

Yeah, I liked the fact that Selwood and co got stuck into Hodge and Mitchell every time they sniped someone.

It's hardly just Hawthorn though... was hardly a week went by when Barry Hall wasn't belting someone, but it took him cracking someone in the jaw for the AFL to finally act, even then they contrived to have him come back for the grand final.

Hawthorn - Sydney

Same/same

I know this has been discussed, but how the hell did Lewis get off with no penalty whatsoever for whacking Selwood in the jaw with some force, off the ball?? I just saw this on the ABC news for the first time. Low impact was ruled: bulldust! Isn't the head sacrosanct? What is the scheduled penalty for a deliberate whack to the head of low or medium impact? A Geelong player at least got fined for a deliberate hit, but nothing for Lewis. I know, I know, it was Selwood, and we all know what we'd like to do with him, but don't we have any rules?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throat = head as far as I'm concerned.

I'd also ban any player on their second off the ball gut punch. No exceptions.

Why not go further and penalise all deliberate off-the-ball incidents? I'm happy with fines for wrestling, but that's it.
Sniping gut punchers should not be capable of winning the Brownlow.

Why not go further and penalise all deliberate off-the-ball incidents? I'm happy with fines for wrestling, but that's it.
Sniping gut punchers should not be capable of winning the Brownlow.

I'd give them a huge fine for their first offence. $10,000. Then a ban plus another $10,000 for a second offence.

I doubt players would even consider it then

I'd give them a huge fine for their first offence. $10,000. Then a ban plus another $10,000 for a second offence.

I doubt players would even consider it then

Those sort of fines would never get past the AFLPA

Those sort of fines would never get past the AFLPA

Of course not. But * the AFLPA. It's something players shouldn't be doing. Why should they be worried about fines for s**t behavior if they're not off the ball snipers?

Of course not. But **** the AFLPA. It's something players shouldn't be doing. Why should they be worried about fines for s**t behavior if they're not off the ball snipers?

I don't like fines just because they're a different level of punishment for each player.

I say make the fine a set % of the players salary or get rid of the fines and bring back more match bans.

I don't like fines just because they're a different level of punishment for each player.

I say make the fine a set % of the players salary or get rid of the fines and bring back more match bans.

Yeah that's true. How about a fine of two match payments?

The Hawks are marketable, that is why they're protected.

But if the Hawks keep pushing it their marketability will wane and the AFL will come down on them like a tonne of bricks.

Whilst they're winning, they'll stay marketable.

AFL may, but i doubt it. Hawthorn are a strong organization and the AFL is an absolute joke.

I know this has been discussed, but how the hell did Lewis get off with no penalty whatsoever for whacking Selwood in the jaw with some force, off the ball?? I just saw this on the ABC news for the first time. Low impact was ruled: bulldust! Isn't the head sacrosanct? What is the scheduled penalty for a deliberate whack to the head of low or medium impact? A Geelong player at least got fined for a deliberate hit, but nothing for Lewis. I know, I know, it was Selwood, and we all know what we'd like to do with him, but don't we have any rules?
He's been doing it all year. . They know they don't get done for that behavior

Back