Universal Love Will Langford

Remove this Banner Ad

He really is an unusual footballer, very well-spoken and articulate, which is refreshing; good on him for owning who he is, yet still being a competitive beast once he crosses that white line, his CP numbers have been massive this year (and people wonder why his DE% has gone down?!)

Further to my points above also wanted to highlight that Langford (a boy of 22) is currently 10th in the LEAGUE for CPs, and 23rd for clearances, he's starting to assemble some great numbers and at his age composure and confidence will continue to grow. Great to have at the club.

Further to my points above also wanted to highlight that Langford (a boy of 22) is currently 10th in the LEAGUE for CPs, and 23rd for clearances, he's starting to assemble some great numbers and at his age composure and confidence will continue to grow. Great to have at the club.
Great numbers, and gets a chunk of it, but would love to see him put a little more polish on his play. The thing that makes Mitchell amazing is not just his ability to grab it out of nowhere, but his ability to baulk, prop, assess, and then deliver a beautiful kick to a player in the clear. Or, alternatively, nail out a quick handball to a player running by at pace. This is the next step for Langers.

Great numbers, and gets a chunk of it, but would love to see him put a little more polish on his play. The thing that makes Mitchell amazing is not just his ability to grab it out of nowhere, but his ability to baulk, prop, assess, and then deliver a beautiful kick to a player in the clear. Or, alternatively, nail out a quick handball to a player running by at pace. This is the next step for Langers.

It is, but Mitchell's disposal class is something that he added to his game later in his career. Early on wasn't nearly as good as it is now

Yep, early in Sammy's career the only 'elite' trait he had was winning the footy. He had a decent handball but was an absolute butcher by foot.
Within a few years he was the equal best handballer in the comp with Simon Black (Malthouse referred to him as the modern day Diesel in '05) and would now be one of the best kicks of a footy over 15-40 metres on both feet.
Rest assured, like Mitch before him Langford will get the absolute best out of his talent and will improve significantly over the next 5 years.

Last edited:
Yep, early in Sammy's career the only 'elite' trait he had was winning the footy. He had a decent handball but was an absolute butcher by foot.
Within a few years he was the equal best handballer in the comp with Simon Black (Malthouse referred to him as the modern day Diesel in '05) and would now be one of the best kicks of a footy over 15-40 meters on both feet.
Rest assured, like Mitch before him Langford will get the absolute best out of his talent and will improve significantly over the next 5 years.
Excellent. I'll stop worrying and sit back and wait ;)

Seriously though, all good points. Seems to have the smarts, so would assume he knows what's required of him to make himself into a true champion - work, work and more work. Lets now see if has the application. Wonder what effect having baby bro at the club might have. Hopefully make him even more of a leader.

Very intelligent lad.

Just like his Dad

I speak French and I wasn't too convinced with his attempt at "Je m’appelle William". William in French is "Guillaume" Will! ;)

I do find his confidence not to dumb down to fit to the proud simpleton mould so typical in club-land very refreshing though. I always respected footballers that could rise above that.

Last edited:
I speak French and I wasn't too convinced with his attempt at "Je m’appel William". William in French is "Guillaume" Will! ;)

I do find his confidence not to dumb down to fit to the proud simpleton mould so typical in club-land very refreshing though. I always respected footballers that could rise above that.

Call that French? It's "Je m'appelle" ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes getting Tom Mitchell and Jaegar look pretty sweet though
Completely irrelevant though.

Many of our midfield prospects have failed. Mitchell and O’Meara could have been the cream but really they are just holding us together at this point.

Reading the comments in here around late 2014 reminds me how excited I was (especially after that Geelong game late in the home and away season). I thought we found our next A grader. He really did play out of his skin for a couple of months there.

Will always remember him fondly due to that. Played a massive part at the end of that season that got us a premiership.

Keep at it Will.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back