Will LeBron get bumped by Giannis as the second greatest of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh and this could be months early not 5 years too early. Giannis is in track to add All NBA 1st team honours. Will finish in the All D 1st team too you would think. Should win his 1st MVP and is every chance to go deep in the playoffs and perhaps win his first championship.

One great thing about the NBA is just how many truly special players there are. For Giannis to contend against Lebron he has to go passed guys like Magic, Bird, Russel, Kobe, shaq, Duncan, Robertson, Chamberlain. Jeez man!

So, you're saying at the end of end of 2013, if someone had asked you if LeBron James was an elite defender, what would have you said?

Keeping in mind he had just had 5 straight seasons in the All NBA defensive team and just finished 2nd in the defensive player of the year award.

Oh and this could be months early not 5 years too early. Giannis is in track to add All NBA 1st team honours. Will finish in the All D 1st team too you would think. Should win his 1st MVP and is every chance to go deep in the playoffs and perhaps win his first championship.

And, if he does this, it's still 5 years too early.

I've never thought LeBron was an elite defender. Baffled me for years that he was making All D teams. You just need to watch him to see the difference between elite defenders like Butler or Kawhi etc compared to him.

Anyways I guess time will tell. Giannis is special.

He's back to shooting sub 30s in March from 3s.

Still think he's a 3 point shooter? :p
I never said he was a three point shooter. I said hes adding it to his game which he is. There are steps that you have to go through to get better. Guys who dont shoot the three or have no confidence shooting it simply dont.

Giannis took so little threes early in his career averaging just 1.1 attempts per game over his first three year in the league. He's slowly increasing that to where he averages 2.7 attempts per game.

So first he has to become confident in taking the shots which he is now doing as you can tell by the higher volume. His % hasnt gone up much from his first three years but it certainly will as he can shoot.

He's great from 18-20 feet. So its just making that adjustment. I think he will get good enough to have to respect him from there. Not Steph/Klay good but like LeBron level of threes. Once he has that, well good luck.

Plus he's different from guys that cant shoot. Giannis can shoot. A guy like Simmons really cant so he has a lot of work to do. But Giannis can shoot, he has good form and takes plenty of shot inside the 3pt line. So its not a form issue or a case of well he cant shoot like say Simmons or Fultz.

I never said he was a three point shooter. I said hes adding it to his game which he is. There are steps that you have to go through to get better. Guys who dont shoot the three or have no confidence shooting it simply dont.

Giannis took so little threes early in his career averaging just 1.1 attempts per game over his first three year in the league. He's slowly increasing that to where he averages 2.7 attempts per game.

So first he has to become confident in taking the shots which he is now doing as you can tell by the higher volume. His % hasnt gone up much from his first three years but it certainly will as he can shoot.

He's great from 18-20 feet. So its just making that adjustment. I think he will get good enough to have to respect him from there. Not Steph/Klay good but like LeBron level of threes. Once he has that, well good luck.

1.1 attempts to 2.7 attempts is just the way the game is moving. Look at pretty much any big man and you'll see a similar uptick.

He's also not great from outside of 3 feet (he's shooting about 35% from 3 feet to the three point line, which is pretty terrible).

Dude has so much talent and is amazing. Stop trying to give him skills he doesn't have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus he's different from guys that cant shoot. Giannis can shoot. A guy like Simmons really cant so he has a lot of work to do. But Giannis can shoot, he has good form and takes plenty of shot inside the 3pt line. So its not a form issue or a case of well he cant shoot like say Simmons or Fultz.

Giannis takes less than 2 shots per game from outside 10 feet (less than the number of 3s he takes). Stop making s**t up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back